Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Rice Farmers, Please, Come To My Aid - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Rice Farmers, Please, Come To My Aid (581 Views)

Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm / 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers / Ebonyi Rice Farmers Helpless As Herdsmen, Cows Destroy Their Farms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rice Farmers, Please, Come To My Aid by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 18, 2020
Please, who can share with me a detailed cost analysis on planting and cultivating rice on a hectare of land. I plan to venture into rice farming on May/June with just 1hectare to gain experience first. I also have some questions.
1.What are the steps involved. I've already cleared and stumped the land.
2.What is the average price of paddy per 100kg bag
3.Is there high demand
4.Can I realize 350k profit assuming 5 ton yield per hectare (5 tons x 120k per ton minus estimated 250k budget).
5.How long does it take to raise the seeds in the nursery before transplanting to the main field.
6. What is upland and lowland and which states are classified under upland and lowland. Which one is also better for rice farming.
7.Is irrigation necessary and how is it done?
8. Can I plant the seedling without constructing hills or bunds.
This are the questions for now. As you can see from the questions, I'm a newbie in rice farming, experienced rice farmers, please come to my aid. Answers are needed urgently. Thanks in advance
Please mods, kindly move my topic to the front page
Cc: FarmTech, Pavore9, Lalatiscala.

Re: Rice Farmers, Please, Come To My Aid by jethro2: 9:47pm On Mar 18, 2020
And you hope to farm from the information collated from the internet?

Phoenix20:
Please, who can share with me a detailed cost analysis on planting and cultivating rice on a hectare of land. I plan to venture into rice farming on May/June with just 1hectare to gain experience first. I also have some questions.
3.Is there high demand
4.Can I realize 350k profit assuming 5 ton yield per hectare (5 tons x 120k per ton minus estimated 250k budget).
5.How long does it take to raise the seeds in the nursery before transplanting to the main field.
6. What is upland and lowland and which states are classified under upland and lowland. Which one is also better for rice farming.
This are the questions for now. As you can see from the questions, I'm a newbie in rice farming, experienced rice farmers, please come to my aid. Answers are needed urgently. Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Re: Rice Farmers, Please, Come To My Aid by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 18, 2020
I plan to go on a commercial scale of around 15 hectares but I'm starting with a hectare around June. I'm gathering all the information I can including from the internet. I'm a newbie in this.

1 Like

Re: Rice Farmers, Please, Come To My Aid by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 27, 2020
Phoenix20:
3.Is there high demand
Thanks
Re: Rice Farmers, Please, Come To My Aid by ikelords(m): 1:07am On Jul 30, 2020
Where is the location of your farm?quote author=Phoenix20 post=87562364]Please, who can share with me a detailed cost analysis on planting and cultivating rice on a hectare of land. I plan to venture into rice farming on May/June with just 1hectare to gain experience first. I also have some questions.
3.Is there high demand
Cc: FarmTech, Pavore9, Lalatiscala.[/quote]
Re: Rice Farmers, Please, Come To My Aid by ikelords(m): 1:09am On Jul 30, 2020
quote author=Phoenix20 post=87562364]Please, who can share with me a detailed cost analysis on planting and cultivating rice on a hectare of land. I plan to venture into rice farming on May/June with just 1hectare to gain experience first. I also have some questions.
3.Is there high demand
Cc: FarmTech, Pavore9, Lalatiscala.[/quote]where is the location of your farm?

(1) (Reply)

Buy Your Farm land At Cheap Price / Raw Materials Dealers For Animal Feed Production Needed / Soyabeans Available For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.