Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,918 members, 7,802,987 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can (2510 Views)

The Ideal Salary Of A Programmer In Nigeria / If You're A Programmer Come Inside / I Need A Programmer For My Project. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Everest9(m): 12:02am On Mar 19, 2020
Please my fellow Nairalanders, I need serious help, I need to become professional programmer but I need one on one teaching and I don't mind relocating to any state to achieve this.

I know many will ask me to start online course and learn how to program in different languages but the truth is that most times I don't really understand those online courses and I prefer one on one tutorial. Though I am sure it will not be easy to find a professional programmer who will have time for this but if God touches your heart to help me please do it and I will forever remain faithful.

presently, I am a blogger and by God's grace I am doing a bit well but something pushed me to think about programming. Actually, I am not asking anyone to do this for free but honestly, I don't have much to offer or at least not to compare to the skill I wish to acquire.

I wouldn't like to share everything about my life here but the reason why I decided to become a programmer at all cost is because that's the only option for me, I dropped out of University because of money and became a blogger in 2012, I can read codes and edit them but can't code from scratch.

I am writing this with tears, I actually have brothers leaving abroad who are doing well, buying lands and other properties, they have all it takes to help me but no one cared that is why I need to respond to them positively, I believe that if I become a programmer I will have good opportunity to succeed on my own.

Please as I said earlier, am not asking this for free but if God touches your heart to help me, please do, I don't mind relocating for this

You can add me on Whatsapp for more discussion if you can help me https:///2348064660400
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by samuelson06(m): 12:15am On Mar 19, 2020
How old are you?
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Everest9(m): 12:43am On Mar 19, 2020
samuelson06:
How old are you?
33 Sir (1986)
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by samuelson06(m): 2:34am On Mar 19, 2020
Everest9:
33 Sir (1986)

Why not do something else? I don't recommend that age for programming; not because your head can't carry it but because you may have to deal with responsibilities. If you start learning programming now, when would you finish so that you can start using the knowledge to make money?

Learning programming is like opening book chapters and to know the book you must read to the end. I'm talking about learning different programming languages. There are a lot of them. Programming also requires sitting in a place for long hours. Can you do that? Are you still under your parents so that they give you cover while you concentrate on sorting codes?

Do you have a great laptop with 4GB least RAM size? I'd recommend programming for a child but not for an adult with lots of responsibilities. Programming is too broad. However, if you focus on Android programming, you can get to the peak of it and start creating apps with Android Studio that you can monetize with Admob and upload to the Playstore. The more apps you can create, the better for you. But if planning to study programming and work for an organization such as Andela, I won't encourage you. You'd have to give at least 4 years into it and you'll need lots of money to buy courses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by spoilerx: 5:52am On Mar 19, 2020
samuelson06:
How old are you?

age has nothing to do with it.

you can start learning at any age.

and you dont need to move anywhere.

you need internet and working PC.

there are several free online learning forums.

check freecodecamp.com

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 19, 2020
samuelson06:

Why not do something else? I don't recommend that age for programming; not because your head can't carry it but because you may have to deal with responsibilities. If you start learning programming now, when would you finish so that you can start using the knowledge to make money?

Learning programming is like opening book chapters and to know the book you must read to the end. I'm talking about learning different programming languages. There are a lot of them. Programming also requires sitting in a place for long hours. Can you do that? Are you still under your parents so that they give you cover while you concentrate on sorting codes?

Do you have a great laptop with 4GB least RAM size? I'd recommend programming for a child but not for an adult with lots of responsibilities. Programming is too broad. However, if you focus on Android programming, you can get to the peak of it and start creating apps with Android Studio that you can monetize with Admob and upload to the Playstore. The more apps you can create, the better for you. But if planning to study programming and work for an organization such as Andela, I won't encourage you. You'd have to give at least 4 years into it and you'll need lots of money to buy courses.
eh? when the best programmers are mostly old men.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by shegzhkn: 8:13am On Mar 19, 2020
I am emotional right now .
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Taofeekdboy(m): 8:50am On Mar 19, 2020
Well, my advice for you is to start learning on your own for a while, after that you can look for someone with experience to take you through some of the problems you will face. I started programming on my own(self taught), it was difficult at first but with dedication, time and passion, it worked.

I will tell you to learn one language at first, master it very well and do most things with it because if you are learning everything together at the same time, you won't be able to grab it at all.

No age limitation in programming, as it depends on your time, passion, start with Python(recommended) as it is easy to learn and the syntax is like English, good to read.

If you need any assistance, you can send me a message
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Everest9(m): 8:59am On Mar 19, 2020
samuelson06:

Bro thanks a lot for your input but as I said earlier, I am a blogger and I take care of myself through blogging, though I don't earn much like some popular bloggers but at least between 2015-2017 I was making between N160,000 - 200k plus per month until Google made some changes that pushed my site down. However, am actually doing well in blogging but I don't want to live a life that depends on Google, you eat when Google decides and became hungry when they decide and that's the truth about blogging. Please I still need this help
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Everest9(m): 9:14am On Mar 19, 2020
Taofeekdboy:
Well, my advice for you is to start learning on your own for a while, after that you can look for someone with experience to take you through some of the problems you will face. I started programming on my own(self taught), it was difficult at first but with dedication, time and passion, it worked.

I will tell you to learn one language at first, master it very well and do most things with it because if you are learning everything together at the same time, you won't be able to grab it at all.

No age limitation in programming, as it depends on your time, passion, start with Python(recommended) as it is easy to learn and the syntax is like English, good to read.

If you need any assistance, you can send me a message

Thanks for your suggestions, I will try to learn on my own as you suggested and see if I can understand it
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by samuelson06(m): 9:30am On Mar 19, 2020
Everest9:

Bro thanks a lot for your input but as I said earlier, I am a blogger and I take care of myself through blogging, though I don't earn much like some popular bloggers but at least between 2015-2017 I was making between N160,000 - 200k plus per month until Google made some changes that pushed my site down. However, am actually doing well in blogging but I don't want to live a life that depends on Google, you eat when Google decides and became hungry when they decide and that's the truth about blogging. Please I still need this help

Have you tried writing? I mean book publishing.
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by samuelson06(m): 9:33am On Mar 19, 2020
Ausrichie:

You don't understand me. I'm only concern about survival now because programming consumes too much time but if there's a cover, you can do it. Personally, I hustle for myself and I can't think of programming right now even though I like it. Where's the time? Who'll feed me while learning? So that's my point.
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 19, 2020
samuelson06:

You don't understand me. I'm only concern about survival now because programming consumes too much time but if there's a cover, you can do it. Personally, I hustle for myself and I can't think of programming right now even though I like it. Where's the time? Who'll feed me while learning? So that's my point.
But you can do your normal work and learn. Nothing wrong it ain't that hard.
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Everest9(m): 9:50am On Mar 19, 2020
samuelson06:

Have you tried writing? I mean book publishing.
No bro I have not tried that
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Everest9(m): 9:52am On Mar 19, 2020
Ausrichie:

That's exactly what I intend to do, I will still be blogging to sustain myself while I learn
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Millz404(m): 9:57am On Mar 19, 2020
samuelson06:

Don't discourage him with that age talk. He is 33 and can find a way to squeeze in the hours needed. Nobody is too old to learn something new, all it takes is good planning and dedication.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by DrPureheart(m): 10:46am On Mar 19, 2020
can you teach me blogging?
Everest9:

Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Everest9(m): 10:56am On Mar 19, 2020
DrPureheart:
Sure why not but it depends on your location and as it is now am equally looking for someone to help me become a programmer but I will start learning online as suggested
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by anslemarinze52(m): 11:14am On Mar 19, 2020
I love your thread ...... I've been thinking about this blogging and programming but I haven't made it official yet, though I go to work but the next day I have it all to myself.

Please can someone teach me about it while I go to work(I have no knowledge of programming)
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by samuelson06(m): 11:31am On Mar 19, 2020
Ausrichie:

Yes. That depends on how much time you want to put in. For me, I fear that thing. But @Op, please don't get me wrong, I'm not discouraging you. If your heart pushes you so hard, please go for it.
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by samuelson06(m): 11:33am On Mar 19, 2020
Everest9:
No bro I have not tried that

Coming from blogging, book publishing shouldn't be hard for you. You can give it a try. It's a great hustle.
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Everest9(m): 1:58pm On Mar 19, 2020
samuelson06:

Coming from blogging, book publishing shouldn't be hard for you. You can give it a try. It's a great hustle.
yea blogging is a fun for me and I blog full time, I can I actually stay in front of my computer for 24 hours without feeling tired but I don't know about book publishing
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Everest9(m): 2:04pm On Mar 19, 2020
DrPureheart:
I got a message that you have sent message to me but when I check my email I don't see anything
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Apcexchange: 3:25pm On Mar 19, 2020
I started learning python last week using YouTube and my Android phone

I can now write few code to execute simple functions, it has not been easy but I believe its achievable.

I also use sololearn. I hope to upgrade to laptop soon.

but can I use python to build mobile app? just asking cos I need something that can start giving me money as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by samuelson06(m): 3:55pm On Mar 19, 2020
Everest9:
yea blogging is a fun for me and I blog full time, I can I actually stay in front of my computer for 24 hours without feeling tired but I don't know about book publishing

If you want to give a try, send me a PM. Blogging is similar to book publishing. However, make up your mind on what you want (primary) then pursue it. I publish books and I'd keep doing that for a long time because it works for me. You may choose to redefine and stick to blogging, go into programming or join me in publishing. You can even combine book publishing with blogging but follow your heart.
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Everest9(m): 4:02pm On Mar 19, 2020
samuelson06:

If you want to give a try, send me a PM. Blogging is similar to book publishing. However, make up your mind on what you want (primary) then pursue it. I publish books and I'd keep doing that for a long time because it works for me. You may choose to redefine and stick to blogging, go into programming or join me in publishing. You can even combine book publishing with blogging but follow your heart.
I have sent you a Pm, I wish to know everything about it
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by ernxto(m): 6:46pm On Mar 19, 2020
Ausrichie:

Cuz of their experience (up to 10 years).
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Millz404(m): 7:28pm On Mar 19, 2020
Apcexchange:
I started learning python last week using YouTube and my Android phone

I can now write few code to execute simple functions, it has not been easy but I believe its achievable.

I also use sololearn. I hope to upgrade to laptop soon.

but can I use python to build mobile app? just asking cos I need something that can start giving me money as soon as possible.

You can use python to build mobile apps using kivy but i think you are better off in the job market using react native or vue native which is a wrapper for react native.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 19, 2020
Thanks for this thread bro
I finished secodary school 2016 and since i can't afford to further(Dad left us and mum is a petty trader) i began working with a bricklayer as a labourer until recently that i had a fracture on my leg and can no longer continue.
I have passion for programming and internet related stuffs so i am trying to purchase a laptop next month.
Please can anyone help me develop a skill that can sustain me and possibly build a career on it?
Please help a brother.
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Everest9(m): 9:16pm On Mar 19, 2020
Dafaithful:
Thanks for this thread bro
I finished secodary school 2016 and since i can't afford to further(Dad left us and mum is a petty trader) i began working with a bricklayer as a labourer until recently that i had a fracture on my leg and can no longer continue.
I have passion for programming and internet related stuffs so i am trying to purchase a laptop next month.
Please can anyone help me develop a skill that can sustain me and possibly build a career on it?
Please help a brother.
please for those sending me PM, I don't really know how Nairaland messaging system works, I usually see a notification that I have a mail and when click on it to check it I will be taken to my mail box but I don't see anything
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 19, 2020
Everest9:
please for those sending me PM, I don't really know how Nairaland messaging system works, I usually see a notification that I have a mail and when click on it to check it I will be taken to my mail box but I don't see anything
Please can i get your number or facebook username so i can add you up?
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by samuelson06(m): 9:57pm On Mar 19, 2020
Everest9:

I can't reply your PM. It bounces back.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Develop Interest In Programming / Help! I Want To Learn Python / How Long It Takes For Back Links To Reflect In Serps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.