Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,627 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can (2542 Views)

The Ideal Salary Of A Programmer In Nigeria / If You're A Programmer Come Inside / I Need A Programmer For My Project. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Everest9(m): 10:06pm On Mar 19, 2020
samuelson06:

I can't reply your PM. It bounces back.
Meet me on Whatsapp. I'd remove the number shortly.

I have finally fixed the problem when I checked I saw that I used an old email that no longer exists and I had to change it to the current email address, so you guys should go ahead and send me PM it's working now
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Everest9(m): 10:10pm On Mar 19, 2020
Dafaithful:

Please can i get your number or facebook username so i can add you up?

I have finally fixed the problem when I checked I saw that I used an old email that no longer exists and I had to change it to the current email address, so you guys should go ahead and send me PM it's working now

Phone: Zero eight zero six four six six zero four zero zero

Facebook: facebook.com/ collins.e.okoye
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by DrPureheart(m): 10:52am On Mar 21, 2020
Everest9:
I got a message that you have sent message to me but when I check my email I don't see anything
pls message me at dpureheart12@gmail.com
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 21, 2020
Dafaithful:
Thanks for this thread bro
I finished secodary school 2016 and since i can't afford to further(Dad left us and mum is a petty trader) i began working with a bricklayer as a labourer until recently that i had a fracture on my leg and can no longer continue.
I have passion for programming and internet related stuffs so i am trying to purchase a laptop next month.
Please can anyone help me develop a skill that can sustain me and possibly build a career on it?
Please help a brother.
Sorry bro. This caught my heart, learn game development and/or web development but mainly learn how to program well before learning any of those two, or else you'll become a washed programmer, one not even capable of implementing data structures. Start with C# very nice language for beginners, good for web development too then move to Python if you want. Then learn C++ and C (use C++ to learn how to build data structures) these languages are good for hardware programming and time critical applications and most importantly games. Then if you want to go further and build yourself as a professional programmer you could learn things like: Machine Learning, Artificial intelligence, Computer Graphics, Computer Vision, Cryptography. Then if you want to take a step further learn: Operating Systems (their structures and how to build them), Compiler Construction e.t.c. Learn how to use Github too, learn how to work with a team (finish learning how to program first).
For tutorials, you could go to edx they have free courses there but you would have to audit them and finish them within a short time (advice do it once at a time), you could also go to Coursera to learn too. As for books look for For Dummies books (search for them like this: C++ For Dummies, Python For Dummies, C# For Dummies) their books are amazing (if you love them so much you could buy their books)). There are other good books out there too, but hardly any ever treat the programmer like a true beginner.
Good luck hope I helped.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Everest9(m): 3:44pm On Mar 21, 2020
Ausrichie:

Sorry bro. This caught my heart, learn game development and/or web development but mainly learn how to program well before learning any of those two, or else you'll become a washed programmer, one not even capable of implementing data structures. Start with C# very nice language for beginners, good for web development too then move to Python if you want. Then learn C++ and C (use C++ to learn how to build data structures) these languages are good for hardware programming and time critical applications and most importantly games. Then if you want to go further and build yourself as a professional programmer you could learn things like: Machine Learning, Artificial intelligence, Computer Graphics, Computer Vision, Cryptography. Then if you want to take a step further learn: Operating Systems (their structures and how to build them), Compiler Construction e.t.c. Learn how to use Github too, learn how to work with a team (finish learning how to program first).
For tutorials, you could go to edx they have free courses there but you would have to audit them and finish them within a short time (advice do it once at a time), you could also go to Coursera to learn too. As for books look for For Dummies books (search for them like this: C++ For Dummies, Python For Dummies, C# For Dummies) their books are amazing (if you love them so much you could buy their books)). There are other good books out there too, but hardly any ever treat the programmer like a true beginner.
Good luck hope I helped.
Thanks so much for your input, Your advise is well noted

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Ay04z(m): 5:39am On Mar 27, 2020
Taofeekdboy:
Well, my advice for you is to start learning on your own for a while, after that you can look for someone with experience to take you through some of the problems you will face. I started programming on my own(self taught), it was difficult at first but with dedication, time and passion, it worked.

I will tell you to learn one language at first, master it very well and do most things with it because if you are learning everything together at the same time, you won't be able to grab it at all.

No age limitation in programming, as it depends on your time, passion, start with Python(recommended) as it is easy to learn and the syntax is like English, good to read.

If you need any assistance, you can send me a message
bro I will need ur help on python how do i reach u ?
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:24pm On Mar 27, 2020
Everest9:
Thanks so much for your input, Your advise is well noted
Are you in Lagos?
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by lastempero: 1:39pm On Mar 27, 2020
shegzhkn:
I am emotional right now .

Yea, really hard to be a Nigerian.
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by shegzhkn: 2:24pm On Mar 27, 2020
lastempero:

Yea, really hard to be a Nigerian.

super right brother, we gonna have to deal with that.
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Everest9(m): 7:30pm On Mar 27, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Are you in Lagos?
No but I usually come to Lagos more often
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Taofeekdboy(m): 8:56pm On Mar 27, 2020
Ay04z:
bro I will need ur help on python how do i reach u ?
Send me a personal message
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Ay04z(m): 8:26am On Mar 28, 2020
Taofeekdboy:

Send me a personal message
drop ur email bro. Tanks
Re: Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can by Taofeekdboy(m): 4:09pm On Mar 28, 2020
Ay04z:
drop ur email bro. Tanks
I sent you a mail already, check your mail

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Interested In Learning And Earning From Bug Bounty Hacking, Jump Right In / Some One Should Help Me With This Windowing Issue / The 5 Types Of Programmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.