Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

COVID-19 Possible Impact On Sports Betting - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / COVID-19 Possible Impact On Sports Betting (188 Views)

Daily Betting Odds On Sports / 6 African Players That Had The Most Impact On World Football - by Naptu2 / Have Anyone Become Rich Through Sports Betting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19 Possible Impact On Sports Betting by rutlesblaze(m): 1:55am On Mar 19, 2020
The situation the world has found itself in at the moment as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak is quite problematic not only to the economy but also to politics, healthcare and even sports.
My particular interest is in the world of sports and the trickle-down effect it has on sports betting. Personally, I am opposed to the cancellation (voiding) of any of the on-going sports competition.
It is no longer news that most sporting events across the world have been halted temporarily with a strong likelihood of voiding the entire season.
For me, this is quite a dicey situation because common logic lets us know that if a season gets cancelled then all the previously played events (matches) are automatically cancelled and thereby voiding all previously played events.
Still, in the same line of thought, that means bookmakers (betting sites) will have to review all bet slips (tickets) that have at least an event from such a league that has been cancelled and void the event (events) accordingly. This will surely convert some bet slips (tickets) from a "lost" status to a "won" status or to a "total refund" in cases where the ticket had just one event or all events voided.
It's truly a dicey situation for all affected most especially the bookmakers, as the potential monetary loss will be enormous.

https://justinkinoutloud..com/2020/03/its-dicey-situation.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

My Sport Scene Of This Lockdown! / Tottenham Make U-turn On Using Coronavirus Furlough Scheme / Arsenal Players Reject Wage Cuts As Coronavirus Crisis Stand-off Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.