Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Nigeria Approves $268 Million To Back Entrepreneurs, Innovators - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Approves $268 Million To Back Entrepreneurs, Innovators (731 Views)

Stripe Acquires Nigeria’s Paystack For $200 Million To Expand Into Africa / Nigeria Approves 97.82 Billion Naira To Back Entrepreneurs, Innovators / What Business Can I Start With 1 Million To Make 5k Daily? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Approves $268 Million To Back Entrepreneurs, Innovators by rolando89: 5:48am On Mar 19, 2020
I was reading an article on bloomberg that Nigeria Approves $268 Million to Back Entrepreneurs, Innovators, According to VP Yemi Osinbajo, this is the funds for small-scale agricultural businesses, while another $20 million will provide funding support to young innovators in technology.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-26/nigeria-approves-268-million-to-back-entrepreneurs-innovators

How can one claim it? Does anyone have talked about it with any banks?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Approves $268 Million To Back Entrepreneurs, Innovators by Nobody: 5:52am On Mar 19, 2020
rolando89:
I was reading an article on bloomberg that Nigeria Approves $268 Million to Back Entrepreneurs, Innovators, According to VP Yemi Osinbajo, this is the funds for small-scale agricultural businesses, while another $20 million will provide funding support to young innovators in technology.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-26/nigeria-approves-268-million-to-back-entrepreneurs-innovators

Have youths been able to claim all the electoral promises of 2015 yet? 6 years on, have you gotten your share of the millions of employment for the youths yet? They'd soon come and tell you guys that the depleted crude price per barrel due to Coronavirus outbreak had made this unachievable.
Re: Nigeria Approves $268 Million To Back Entrepreneurs, Innovators by Lawgod247: 6:06am On Mar 19, 2020
ok
Re: Nigeria Approves $268 Million To Back Entrepreneurs, Innovators by chatinent: 6:34am On Mar 19, 2020
Nigeria is not a country but an international village square.
Re: Nigeria Approves $268 Million To Back Entrepreneurs, Innovators by okefrancis: 7:29am On Mar 19, 2020
chatinent:
Nigeria is not a country but an international village square.
Why did you say that?
Re: Nigeria Approves $268 Million To Back Entrepreneurs, Innovators by okefrancis: 7:33am On Mar 19, 2020
Both the agricultural business and technology are apart of what the nation depends upon for driving the economy, this is good idea from the vice president yemi osinbajo
Re: Nigeria Approves $268 Million To Back Entrepreneurs, Innovators by Deputy1111(m): 7:35am On Mar 19, 2020
The current government is trying all possible best to bring our economy back on feet. Supporting entrepreneurs and technology innovations is a way of boosting the economy and providing employment opportunities for the youths.
Re: Nigeria Approves $268 Million To Back Entrepreneurs, Innovators by TheRareGem1(f): 7:38am On Mar 19, 2020
Yes. It's true.

$20 million will provide funding support to young innovators in technology while 90 billion naira ($248 million), will be dispensed by the central bank as “soft loans” for people building small-scale agricultural businesses.
Re: Nigeria Approves $268 Million To Back Entrepreneurs, Innovators by Deputy1111(m): 7:43am On Mar 19, 2020
fairfora:
Have youths been able to claim all the electoral promises of 2015 yet? 6 years on, have you gotten your share of the millions of employment for the youths yet? They'd soon come and tell you guys that the depleted crude price per barrel due to Coronavirus outbreak had made this unachievable.
You may be right because some youths are too lazy to find out how government works, and how to claim their benefits from the government. Some youths are still waiting for the government to be bringing money and opportunities to their doorsteps. Without any doubt, government is releasing some money for business owners, but you will need to visit appreciate agencies before you get it e.g BOI. Government can not be spraying money on the street, so guy take a step now.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Approves $268 Million To Back Entrepreneurs, Innovators by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 19, 2020
Deputy1111:
You may be right because some youths are too lazy to find out how government works, and how to claim their benefits from the government. Some youths are still waiting for the government to be bringing money and opportunities to their doorsteps. Without any doubt, government is releasing some money for business owners, but you will need to visit appreciate agencies before you get it e.g BOI. Government can not be spraying money on the street, so guy take a step now.
am so sure you quite understand what I meant . I'm not talking of indirect employment through companies or establishments, which you harped on. But a direct one from the coffers of the federal government which they promised Nigerian youths.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Approves $268 Million To Back Entrepreneurs, Innovators by rolando89: 8:05am On Mar 19, 2020
Yes that's what i read like to hear someone real experience dealing with banks?
TheRareGem1:
Yes. It's true.

$20 million will provide funding support to young innovators in technology while 90 billion naira ($248 million), will be dispensed by the central bank as “soft loans” for people building small-scale agricultural businesses.
Re: Nigeria Approves $268 Million To Back Entrepreneurs, Innovators by rolando89: 8:12am On Mar 19, 2020
I agree with you but at the same time govt need to provide better procedure to initiate the schemes to the general public in simple format so it could easily understood by the general public.
Deputy1111:
Re: Nigeria Approves $268 Million To Back Entrepreneurs, Innovators by Joyce95: 8:28am On Mar 19, 2020
rolando89:

Visit appreciate agencies before you get it e.g BOI. Government can not be spraying money on the street, go get information there.
Re: Nigeria Approves $268 Million To Back Entrepreneurs, Innovators by rolando89: 7:12am On Mar 20, 2020
I am not seeking information from Government my friend. I want someone real experience.
Joyce95:

Visit appreciate agencies before you get it e.g BOI. Government can not be spraying money on the street, go get information there.

(1) (Reply)

Startup Profile: Startup Profile Of Farmcrowdy / Real Estate Business At Valington Homes / Purchasing & Installing Alidropship Premium Store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.