Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,313 members, 7,829,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa (69255 Views)

Coronavirus May Be Here To Stay - WHO Warns As New Clusters Emerge / COVID-19: Lifting Lockdown Now’ll Trigger Resurgence, WHO Warns Governments / Banknotes Can Spread Coronavirus, WHO Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by Flame4chi(m): 10:55am On Mar 19, 2020
Originality007:

America is also responsible for this dumb head

Respect yourself.

Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by delishpot: 10:56am On Mar 19, 2020
Don't worry about Africa, their men gods in their over fake religious societies will help them fight the Corona. Na market dey set for greedy religious leaders be that. Oil, incence, religious quotes water etc. You will start to hear quotes from imams to pastors etc as to why Corona has visited them.
Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 19, 2020
Why are all of you panicking like this? Do your research about this thing and practice personal hygiene and safety measures as much as you can. I know it may be a bit tasking but do the much you can.

Another thing, this is for Ladies who like frolicking around rich guys, distance yourself from all these rich people cos na their yansh nor dey Siddon one place always travelling from one country to another. Imagine a couple who just came back from a trip exposing a whole country and now they are dead. Only God knows how many people theyve come in contact with.
Limit your visits. Don't come to my house, I nor go vex and me too I'll not come to your house.

I can't wait for my pupils to write my paper. Let me rest.

Above all, intensify your prayers. God hears and still answers prayers.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by Horus(m): 10:56am On Mar 19, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIBw4bYG7Hs

Africa reports first Covid-19 death, WHO says worst yet to come

Sub-Saharan Africa recorded its first COVID-19 death, a high-ranking politician in Burkina Faso. The World Health Organisation has urged
the continent to 'prepare for the worst'. WHO chief expressed concerns saying Africa should wake up. He pointed out that cases in other
countries have shown that the virus actually accelerates after a certain tipping point. Africa has lagged behind the global curve for
coronavirus infections and deaths. Experts have repeatedly warned about the difficulties for the continent, given its weak health infrastructure, poverty, conflict-hit zones, poor sanitation and urban crowding
Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by Nnamebuka: 10:57am On Mar 19, 2020
FuckAllTheMODs:
Dem no talk anything since o...

Abeg, e make sense make I report a suspected case and how can I do that?

A friend who happens to be a flat mate has been sneezing and coughing since 2 days ago and he didn't isolate himself, he even went to work today.

I'm not comfortable with him around me anymore.

I need advice on what to do, please!
If you are serious call the following no.

It's toll free, no charges. You'll be doing a great service to humanity if you report the suspicion. And who know you could saveyourself assuming you've contacted it through him.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 19, 2020
cRobo:
Time for me to stock my house with ENOUGH food stuff

As from next week price of food stuff will skyrocket

Nigeria way

I won't say a word

I stocked yesterday.

We go again today.

Thunder fire hunger, APC and wicked Nigerian leaders.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by CARED: 10:59am On Mar 19, 2020
There is no need to unnecessarily heat up the narratives for Africa. Covid 19 has been rendering untold havoc globally.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by Giftedtu: 11:00am On Mar 19, 2020
A305:
This pandemic virus just exposes the fact that;

God is a p ussy, He isn't in control or he doesn't exist! I'm not insinuating he(God or other religion god) heal the world, NO! but at least, it would be fair to let their followers NOT be magically infected.

This pandemic also shows that health care is the weakness of the Almighty America, they divert more funds to military rather than health care so if any country wants to falter America as a country, Inflict her citizens.

you no dey fear shey na God send u make u go develop the virus
Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by Psoul(m): 11:00am On Mar 19, 2020
Africa may be hit so hard by this virus by the time every other continent are fully recovering from the it or had recovered from it.
By then, the whole world will short down on Africa.
This will be a very bad situation.
There will be shortage of food and drugs.
PPle will be infected so easily.
Death toll will rise so high above what is experienced now.
The population of Africa will be reduced so much.

GET PREPARED.
Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by OttHin: 11:00am On Mar 19, 2020
God help us
Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by Dizzyrascal(m): 11:04am On Mar 19, 2020
honest1480:
It is very obvious that if the virus gains ground in Nigeria, the weight would be much for us to bear. Unfortunately, most Nigerians especially our leaders have poor mentality towards this deadly virus called Covid-19, as no proactive measures have been taken so far to contain its spread.

Relocating to village is my next option.
na village worse pass
Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 19, 2020

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by FuckAllTheMODs: 11:05am On Mar 19, 2020
Nnamebuka:

If you are serious call the following no.

It's toll free, no charges. You'll be doing a great service to humanity if you report the suspicion. And who know you could saveyourself assuming you've contacted it through him.

Thank you.
Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by Mizwisdom(f): 11:05am On Mar 19, 2020
CARED:
There is no need to unnecessarily heat up the narratives for Africa. Covid 19 has been rendering untold havoc globally.

That's their aim, they call us "Third world" so they are trying to save face but Corona has shown that they are worst than third world, they failed woefully in handling this virus.
Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by Niggmatic: 11:06am On Mar 19, 2020
handsomeyinka:

If we can survive EBOLA..we can survive this..
We've got good doctors.

Covid19 is not ebola oh.. ebola is not airborne
Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by Taye4j: 11:10am On Mar 19, 2020
A305:

God is a p ussy, He isn't in control or he doesn't exist! I'm not insinuating he(God or other religion god) heal the world, NO! but at least, it would be fair to let their followers NOT be magically infected.

This pandemic also shows that health care is the weakness of the Almighty America, they divert more funds to military rather than health care so if any country wants to falter America as a country, Inflict her citizens.

Only a mad man says in his heart 'there is no God'
Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by cRobo: 11:11am On Mar 19, 2020
Naughtysite:

I stocked yesterday.

We go again today.

Thunder fire hunger, APC and wicked Nigerian leaders.

You are wise like me my brother
Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by codemaniacs: 11:15am On Mar 19, 2020
zz

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 19, 2020
I think what the government should be sensitizing the public more about is how to self detect by stating some of the peculiar symptoms and how to practice self isolation if you notice any of those symptoms. And not all this statistics of the death rates and how its spreading fast or how we should prepare for the worst. Abi their brain knock? Or did we tell them we don't already know all that? Let them just educate everyone on self isolation and the period it will last and also advise how families should care for them during that period. simple. So people don't go about endangering other people's life. At least we read of the lady who gave account of her experience with the disease. How she self-isolated and kept her hubby safe from contacting the virus. The WHO and Nigerian health sector should capitalize on this and stop spreading panic.

That's my little cent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by Litmus: 11:23am On Mar 19, 2020
Flu Deaths in America this year: is estimated at 16,000, including 105 children.

Flu Deaths in England alone between 2018 and 2019= 1,692

Coronavirus World Wide Deaths Update (Live) = 8,988 Deaths.

I sill maintain reaction to Covid is hysterical and this, finally, may lead to more deaths from Covid than otherwise might have been the case. Caution and precautionary measures are necessary, no less because Covid is an unknown quantity.

Flu Kills 646,000 People Worldwide Each Year, Study...

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by Cuntface: 11:23am On Mar 19, 2020
A305:

You're so miserable
Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by Mizwisdom(f): 11:31am On Mar 19, 2020
Litmus:
Lol, the propaganda value of one African Covid death is = one thousand Europe Covid deaths. The world cannot wait to sneer down their up-pointed noses at Africans and talk condescendingly at them in pretext of concern and care.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-africa-51952739/coronavirus-in-africa-what-impact-could-virus-have-on-the-continent

That's their way but we now know the truth

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by blowjohn(m): 11:33am On Mar 19, 2020
blackgold90:

hope you can stock it for 3months

Lol that house go turn to warehouse
Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by Mizwisdom(f): 11:33am On Mar 19, 2020
Psoul:
Africa may be hit so hard by this virus by the time every other continent are fully recovering from the it or had recovered from it.
By then, the whole world will short down on Africa.
This will be a very bad situation.
There will be shortage of food and drugs.
PPle will be infected so easily.
Death toll will rise so high above what is experienced now.
The population of Africa will be reduced so much.

GET PREPARED.

.Go and predict for Europe , Asia and America, they need it.

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by LINTUNE(m): 11:33am On Mar 19, 2020
LordAdam16:
At least the elites will not be spared.

Europe locked, North America locked, even India when b dey manage una don use big padlock throwaway key inside the River Ganges. No where to run to.

We die here! After stealing the money meant to equip our hospitals, you'll die in the same dilapidated hospitals side by side with the commoners who you never cared about.

The Starks were right: Winter is here. And it comes bearing a corona gift; with special tributes to the ruling class that have always felt invincible.

-Lord
this is deep bro
Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by XANDERBOY85: 11:33am On Mar 19, 2020
iwaeda:
Na ontop of Africa they will put the whole matter because of our poor hygiene and wicked and selfish leaders.

The advice of washing hands with soap and water for at least 20seconds, social-distancing and self/family isolation for two weeks when sympthoms are noticed in one or more members of the same family....all these would be hard to impliment in Nigeria.
Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by culf: 11:37am On Mar 19, 2020
A305:

who say God is not protecting His people? Is not everybody that go to church that is a Christian.

Leave God alone and please be careful when talking about God (watch your words), for your best interest.
Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by Ekzoba(m): 11:37am On Mar 19, 2020
One fool here is calling God p.ssy...Must you show your stupidity in a public forum just because you don't believe in God.
Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by redsun(m): 11:37am On Mar 19, 2020
Africa is too hot and humid for the virus, that is why you mudefuckers are still alive. It is a cold virus, just like seasonal winter flu and the frail and filthy are more susceptible to it.

You have had there that is killing you in numbers are malaria and typhoid and because they are peculiar to Africa, no one is talking about it
Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by Psoul(m): 11:42am On Mar 19, 2020
Mizwisdom:

.Go and predict for Euripe , Asia and America, they need it.

Keep playing with the virus until u sees it in ur house.
We need to be more serious with this.
Within 24hrs, Africa has recorded 17 deaths.

https://www.nairaland.com/5743903/coronavirus-africa-recorded-17-deaths
Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by XANDERBOY85: 11:42am On Mar 19, 2020
Jewessgratitudd:
I think what the government should be sensitizing the public more about is how to self detect by stating some of the peculiar symptoms and how to practice self isolation if you notice any of those symptoms. And not all this statistics of the death rates and how its spreading fast or how we should prepare for the worst. Abi their brain knock? Or did we tell them we don't already know all that? Let them just educate everyone on self isolation and the period it will last and also advise how families should care for them during that period. simple. So people don't go about endangering other people's life. At least we read of the lady who gave account of her experience with the disease. How she self-isolated and kept her hubby safe from contacting the virus. The WHO and Nigerian health sector should capitalize on this and stop spreading panic.

That's little cent.

My fear is there are so many uninformed Nigerians (and this is also the case in other african and third-world countries) who will get these symthoms and not do the right thing. They will just go to their local pharmacy to buy paracetamol and carry on with life as usual....spreading it to hundreds of others given our poor hygiene practices! Just look at busy areas in highly populated cities (motorparks, markets, worship centres, schools, etc) and see the sea of heads in close contact with one another, the one can appreciate the magnituted of the challenge facing the country!
Re: COVID-19: Burkina Faso Politician Dies. 'Prepare For Worst', WHO Warns Africa by mickeymimi: 11:44am On Mar 19, 2020
Panic buying will only cause prices of things to go up

If Govt start taking quick measure now it might help.

If possible recruit more nurses /doctors ready to assist shld it start spreading badly . Frontline testing services shld be provide outside hospitals before admissions and redirecting patients affected to the right centres .The can use old schools , set up tent on a large field . They can recruit medical students to do these , secured by police or army.

The Govt need to shutdown or target the hospitals now... by sanitising, testing and keeping patients and the medical crew save first .
The last thing any country want is their hospitals infected / medical crew to go off sick , they are needed now.*

Set up advice centres / volunteers to train in order to assist the public shld they have any concerns or think they have it and publish the phone numbers . pple need to know what to do if hospitals wont allow anyone in.

If possible regulate the prices of goods.

-

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Body Part Commonly Neglected While Bathing. / I Want To Add Some Weight!! Am To Skinny / Passenger Coughs, Dies At Checkpoint In Osun/oyo Boundary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.