Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,461 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary (10424 Views)

Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns / Police Assistant Commissioner Drowns In Lagos Pool While Celebrating Valentine / River Water Level Rises Above Bridge As Man Drowns In Plateau State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by eherbal(m): 1:47pm On Dec 26, 2010
Troynow:

Let Nigerians desist from their high level of social illiteracy and lack of sophistication and know that the beach IS NOT FOR SWIMMING! There are swimming pools around Nigeria, na real wa, may her soul rest in peace if she died a christian.
it bothers me the lowly deciphering at which some peoples mind operates.your religious affiliations does not guarantee you peace or heaven.most Christians will be permanent residents in hell because of the double life they lived here on earth.check out our so called men of god.so therefore your conclusion should be if she died a good person,not a christian or any other religious sect.by the way,you sound like an extremist.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by rareman(m): 3:07pm On Dec 26, 2010
may their souls rest in peace, though people here are blaming the govt. but this is a private beach and they are supposed to provide life guards for their customers.
it is a pity that a lot of people set up their businesses without much provision for safety measures.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by curioscat: 3:20pm On Dec 26, 2010
o many questions:
It was a party, so was the alcohol flowing?
Was the secretary drunk, to go in the water?
Could either of them swim?
No, there was no alcohol and point of correction no one was allowed to swim during the party, they were just a few feet from the ocean which is normal for beach lovers.
both were caught up by a 2nd bout of wave which pulled them under.
I knew her personally and believe me she is the kind of person that would not think twice before jumping to her secretary's rescue. she has over 20 adopted children living with her at mende maryland , and sits on the board of so many NGO'S , so judge for yourself.
besides she died due to  lack of first aid to resuscitate her fully after the incident, she wasn't administered a CPR before taken to the hospital.
We really should be aware asper first aid in nigeria, remember when i was in grade school, all these were been thought to us by the Red Cross Society.
May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace, amen
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by ochukoccna: 5:41pm On Dec 26, 2010
RIP Madam SAN cry cry cry cry cry
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by texazzpete(m): 6:27pm On Dec 26, 2010
The State Government should close down Oniru beach ASAP.
What a disgrace. No lifeguards, no-one to perform CPR.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 26, 2010
if na say na agbero or riff raff go jump enter ocean wan save person and im die news for no carry am n if dem carry am majority people 4 yab d agbero. I'm not judging her but she should have been more cautious. This is an ocean not swimming pool n not a child u're trying to rescue. We dont know d full story so we should just , But i still stick wit my talk dat in rescuing a drowning person, being a good swimmer is not enough.This is a GENERAL rule. This is wat people dedicate their life/job to: life guard.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by Remii(m): 8:30pm On Dec 26, 2010
May her soul rest in peace.

Simple swimming safety lesson s that you never give your hand or body part to a drowning person. You either stretch to him a stick or anything you can let go. A drowning person will catch a straw, even if its empty air.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by jpworld(m): 8:38pm On Dec 26, 2010
@Troynow you are a complete f.o.o.l.! Who told you the word RIP is made for only Christians? Respect other religion everybody must not be a Christian, M.U.M.U. , RIP SAN,
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by ElPhenomenal(m): 8:49pm On Dec 26, 2010
She wanted to act jet li the hero
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 26, 2010
Hero don't bleeping exist. I feel for her mehn! RIP cry
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by Ruq: 9:43pm On Dec 26, 2010
God bless her!
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by Ifyfrank2(f): 9:51pm On Dec 26, 2010
Condolences to both family of the deceased and may there souls rest in peace.amen
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by sshalom(m): 10:13pm On Dec 26, 2010
What a tragedy! May their souls rest in peace.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by sizzlers(m): 10:28pm On Dec 26, 2010
so pathetic
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by UNLEASHED(m): 10:32pm On Dec 26, 2010
May God forgive her sin, and accept her, so pathetic
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by ndukwejoe(m): 2:01am On Dec 27, 2010
she wanted to do the job govt lack to provide. anyway my heart goes out to her family.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by member479760: 2:35am On Dec 27, 2010
rip
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by TippyTop(m): 2:51am On Dec 27, 2010
Most employers won't risk their life for an employee.   May her soul rest in peace.
Does any one know if they caught the "Mammy Water" that did this? Just curious.

PEACE OUT!!!
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by Nobody: 3:20am On Dec 27, 2010
kabukabu said:

Another preventable death, the biggest/busiest beach in Nigeria has zero life guards, zero Public Safety officers, zero inflatable life vests and rafts.
Another reason why Nigeria is a huge epic Failure.

Anything to bash Nigeria. Go look for something else to hate Nigeria for.

A beach does not HAVE to have life guards. Most beaches, to be charitable, may simply post a sign at the entrance warning visitors that they swim at their own risk. Go around the world, even to Florida, and see how they do it. A beach is not required to have life guards. Public swimming pools yes. Not beaches. The reason is simple - a beach is highly dangerous to swim in, even for a life guard. The tides are unpredictable, and can swallow the most seasoned swimmer.

I've no idea what that girl was doing swimming in a beach.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by vanariso(m): 10:07am On Dec 27, 2010
I have been to several beaches, miami,jumeira,ghana,somalia,egypt and I can make a comparison with the several beaches along the coast of Lagos. Why dont u guys wonder why u dont get to see the white guys surf our beaches? Our current is too strong and high.Even lifeguards are afraid to dabble into our beaches.An expert swimmer can be easily drowned on our beach, Whenever am at eleko,alpha,chevron or oniru beach.I just touch the waters with legs.make sure my family members does the same and off we are back in our tents.

Never u swim in any our beaches, the current is to strong and the waves are too high.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 27, 2010
So sad, even sadder is the fact that an important person has to die before government becomes aware of glaring lapses in d system. I weep for Nigeria.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by sweetbee(f): 11:37am On Dec 27, 2010
its a pity they didnt live to see the xmas dats to say life is too short, we dnt know when we ll be called to the land beyond and dats the reason we all av to live a good life so when our creator calls us we wont be found wanting.
RIP.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by 3kay945(m): 12:47pm On Dec 27, 2010
shocked am sorry for her family but she acted was she trying to save her sec, fight against the tide and swim too. Maybe she is high or something.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by AKHOZEM: 2:07pm On Dec 27, 2010
It's not about living a good life, anybody can do that including the moslems, pagans.
The thing is for everybody to live the life God has called them to live and not a counterfeit life
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by Jarus(m): 3:37pm On Dec 27, 2010
It's a great pity. Very pathetic.
Salute to the SAN for going to that extent to save an employee, a receptionist.

Being a frequent picnicker at Oniru beach, especially some years back when I was living at a shout away from it, I don't go near the waters. I dread water, not to talk of swimming.

Regrets, once again.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by saudatu(m): 6:09pm On Dec 27, 2010
for me i think it's time for our gov. to introduce swinming to our primary and secondary school curriculum.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by metro10: 7:05pm On Dec 27, 2010
Its a great loss to naija. D govt should be blame partly 4 tix mayhem. In d usa nd developd states, young men are trained and employed to protect their citizens. Watch natgeo tv nd c what they do. Our govt wont, young men/women r jobless, they sit in abuja nd take cuts dat r higher than obama' salary. Nigeria is a sham, only 4 d grace of God. Hw many naijan abroad would want to come home to tix.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by sofymoore(m): 7:44pm On Dec 27, 2010
the qestion is our beaches are no longer safe for us to rekax? may thier souls rest in peace
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by sley4life(m): 4:48am On Dec 28, 2010
rip
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by Carlosein(m): 3:23pm On Dec 28, 2010
All those waiting for agberos to come rescue drowning swimmers make me laugh.
they are often the ones who lure pple to swim even when they are reluctant.

i was at eleko on sunday last week. usually i just enter the water and measure my level by not going too deep.
but these agberos came and were luring me to come deeper that it was okay.
i simply ignored them.

later on another swimmer in my group told me that there was a deep ditch around the spot where they were asking me to go.
and i found out it was true. so u can imagine that.

may their souls rest in peace.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by 49cents(m): 6:13pm On Dec 28, 2010
Hurts me more cos i knew her personally sought of as she was a member of my Parish;

was a very selfless person; a brillaint lawyer who won cases for our parish without asking for a kobo; she is a very prettyeven at fifty; tears will flow like a river this thursday and friday when her waykeep and lying in state will be holding respectfully.

R.I.P
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by texazzpete(m): 7:02pm On Dec 28, 2010
3kay945:

shocked am sorry for her family but she acted was she trying to save her sec, fight against the tide and swim too. Maybe she is high or something.

if your child or spouse were in the water, what would you do?

When there's no-one else to act, sometimes humans act on instinct. Asking if she was 'high' is rather silly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) / 9th NASS: Lawan, Ndume, Gbajabiamila, others in last minute horse-trading / Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.