Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,833 members, 7,862,733 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:11 AM

The True Meaning Of Christmas - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The True Meaning Of Christmas (531 Views)

Dear Nigerian's, Do You Know The Meaning Of These Symbols / The Religious Symbolism Of The Twelve Days Of Christmas / Pictures Of Christmas Day Bomb Blast In Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The True Meaning Of Christmas by PastorAde: 9:36am On Dec 25, 2010
[center]The True Meaning of Christmas[/center]

For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon His kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from hereafter even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this (Isaiah 9:6-7, emphasis added)

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16, emphasis added).

Christmas is celebrated all over the world in remembrance of the time when Jesus was born into this world. At that time, some wise men brought gifts to Jesus, who was born the king of the Jews (Matthew 2: 1-11). Since then, when Christmas is celebrated, people exchange gifts to one another as a show of love.

At the first Christmas, God indeed demonstrated His love to the whole world by giving His only begotten as a gift to the world. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” – John 3:16. According to this Scripture, those who believe receive the gift of everlasting life in their spirits. This believing is more than mental acknowledgement of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. It involves believing with your heart and confessing with your mouth, Jesus as your Lord and Savior. It is then you are saved – Romans 10:9.

At Christmas, the Gift of all gifts was given by God to the whole world – “For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given. The gift God bestowed to the world at Christmas is His Son, Jesus Christ. And this Jesus is Wonderful, He’s the greatest Counselor, He’s the mighty God, the Everlasting Father and the Prince of Peace. All these have been given to us through Christ Jesus! What a joy to have to the Peace of God in the midst of trouble and uncertainty in this world. Jesus is also the Way, the Truth and the Life. So when you receive Jesus, you receive the gift of eternal life. Understand that satan came before Jesus into the Garden of Eden in the form of a serpent and he distributed death to Adam and Eve, for he (satan), came to steal, to kill and to destroy – John 10: 10a. But Jesus came at Christmas in order that we might have life, and have it more abundantly – John 10:10b.

By the disobedience of Adam, death came upon all men for all have sinned. But by the obedience of one man (Jesus), the free gift came upon all men to justification of life – Romans 5: 16.

So what will you have this Christmas, above the physical gifts received from friends and loved ones? Will you receive the greatest Gift ever given? If your answer is yes, pray this prayer: Lord Jesus, I believe you are the Son Of God, I believe you came to earth, I believe you died for me on a cross and I believe you rose from the dead. Lord Jesus, I am a sinner, I invite you into my heart, wash away my sins in your blood, make me whiter than snow. Now, I confess you as my Lord and Savior. I receive you as my greatest gift, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

For prayers and counseling call Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. No 11, Ibrahim Tahir Lane Utako, Abuja. Tel. 08033155417. Email: josey500@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Islam Or Christianity? Choose: / Should One Worry About Another Man's Religion? / One Church Alone Is Right Before God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.