Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Ofada Stew Recipe - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ofada Stew Recipe (10253 Views)

Christmas Stew Got Burnt Because I Was Carried Away By A Movie"caroline Shoes" / Share Your Stew Recipe! / Best Ofada Rice And Stew Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ofada Stew Recipe by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 25, 2010
pls can anyone help m with one?
Re: Ofada Stew Recipe by yme1(f): 8:25pm On Dec 26, 2010
INGREDIENTS
Beef
Salt
Maggi Cube chicken flavor
Garlic
Onions
4 Green Bell Pepper
2 Red Bell Pepper
Habanera pepper
Palm Oil
White Rice

HOW TO PREPARE
Cut the beef into small pieces and put them in a pot.
2. Rinse the beef thoroughly and season with maggi, salt, slice in onions and add water.
(Even though this is designer stew DO NOT USE any fancy season like curry powder etc)
3. While the beef is cooking, pre-heat your oven at 475 degrees.
4. Once the beef is soft, put them in a oven tray and bake for 30-45 or till they are brown.
5. Next you will blend the green pepper, red pepper, one whole onion, and the habanera. Don’t add water or TOMATO. (at this point it looks like the green pepper refuses to mix with the red—that’s ok).
6. Heat up the palm oil with sliced onion and some garlic until the onions and garlic are burnt then remove the oil from the stove and let it cool.
7. (Can you smell that traditional stew smelll…delish.) Anyway take out the burnt onions and garlic and trash it.
8. Then put the palm oil back on the stove and add the blended peppers.
9. Season the blend pepper with salt and maggie to taste and cover it up to fry.
10. You will know when the pepper is fried when you can see the palm oil on top of the heated pepper. (FYI -The quantity of the blended pepper shrinks).
11. Add the baked beef to the frying pepper and leave it to cook. You will know it is ready when you see the palm oil on top.
12. Turn off the stove and set the stew aside. A few minutes later the stew changes to a dark brown (this is when the “localness” comes out).
Re: Ofada Stew Recipe by yme1(f): 8:27pm On Dec 26, 2010
wink

Re: Ofada Stew Recipe by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 27, 2010
thanks plenty. pls i wont mind if u own a copy of the maggi cook book. u can send to simplyoge@yahoo.com thanks again.
Re: Ofada Stew Recipe by Ninigirl(f): 3:01pm On Mar 04, 2011
Woooo Hoooo grin grin I did it without burning my house down and it came out Perfect Perfect Perfect tongue,
All i used was
2 Red Peppers
2 Green Peppers
1 Onion
and spices
As for the Palm Oil, i actually had to duck tape my entire pot (). For 30 mins approximately on high heat, let it cool for 5 min then heated it up again before i added the blended ingredients, I was a bit worried about how bitter the mixture was at first due to the burnt oil. But when i cooked it for another 15 mins, added the sauces and mixed meat, That bitterness transformed to a total delicacy,

I'm so proud of myself, my bf finished everything within a day and a half undecided. i had to hide some for myself.
Re: Ofada Stew Recipe by moilovie: 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2012
NICE ....
Re: Ofada Stew Recipe by ginastone(f): 6:51am On Apr 26, 2012
Ofada stew no locust beans, its not complete joor.

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of The Fish With Half Human In Ibadan / Aju Mbaise.... #500 Now In Lagos Call Us / Whast Is The Name Of This Fruit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.