Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Of Corona Virus And The Principalities Of The Municipal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Of Corona Virus And The Principalities Of The Municipal (172 Views)

ABACHA'S Ex-cso, Al-mustapha Reveals The Principalities Ruling The Affairs Of Ni / PDP's Christopher Maikalangu Wins Abuja Municipal Area Council (Photos) / Photos As PDP Campaigns In Kano Municipal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Of Corona Virus And The Principalities Of The Municipal by OGBENIIFE: 6:07pm On Mar 19, 2020
OF CORONA VIRUS AND THE PRINCIPALITIES OF THE MUNICIPAL

The wake of 2019 came with the manifestation of many church prophets predicting election results. With the confidence of some of these prophets, one will almost think the 2019 Nigeria's presidential and gubernatorial elections were fixed matches that sports lovers should stake highly on. Bet9ja may have thought of introducing election bets into its platform. These powerful prophetic energy was suddenly lost in 2020, with no one to foresee the coming of this great pandemic that has now invaded the world. Oga o. As if God only speaks to prophets on election and money matters. What's kuku my own.
Well, I wish to join my opinion with that of great sages many of whom have been heavily criticised that the Church remains one of Nigeria's biggest problem. Over the years, it has served the purposes of extortion and continuous social and economic division between the haves and the have nots. Karl Marx don kuku talk am (*OPIUM* to baed). Similarly the continuous and growing influence of pastors on the masses is of serious concern, many of whom are dogmatic Religious worshippers. The bulk of their daily activities are decided and regulated by the pastors' words which often are not in the interest of the masses. The painful thing is they are too blind and dogmatic to realise. (Some go still fight me now).
During elections, pastors dictate who the people should vote for via prediction on pulpit and sometimes by direct campaign for their favourite candidate, commanding members to vote them. And when those they predicted and made the people elect become oppressive, they again suppress the voice of the masses (from the pulpit), discouraging them from speaking against bad government or bad government policies with the claim that leaders are ordained by God. (What do I even know).
Unfortunately, their pockets get fat from donations made by these corrupt and oppressive leaders.
In another dimension, they keenly obey in its literal sense the words of Jesus in Matthew 13:12. (Maka no too stress this one before i turn daddy freeze).
While the people are not permitted to touch the anointed, the anointed continue to stretch their hands to people's pockets, marriages, health, morals and daughters... (readers discretion o).
After what seems to be an endless thought and out of great concern for a possible way forward, I wish to suggest to fellow church members that we can use the stone of this period to kill two birds. The outbreak of this pandemic may eventually lead to a ban on all forms of gathering in Nigeria including religious gatherings. The restrictions will aim at curtailing the spread of the virus... Now I'm just thinking of something funny but not impossible to try. What if we seize the opportunity to try a new dimension of worship?
For instance, we can simply convert what use to be a mere family devotion to a complete church. That is, church services can now become strictly a family affair. Instead of going to some big cathedrals to see some pastors, let every home have its pastor, create it's altar and decides what to do with its offering. We simply have home services on Sunday in order to avoid contacting corona. let's see how much we can save financially and psychologically within the period until the curfew is over, and let's see if we'll wanna go back to our big cathedrals. I know these won't be effective in many homes especially those with different religious ideologies or those where the heads are not religiously active (some parleh no spiritual at all and them no go allow the home service go well). Well there is something else on my mind;
Come to think of it, the world is now a global village. Technology has affected all spheres of life. Many activities now take place online without the physical presence of parties in areas such as education, business, trade etc. I feel we can bring this tech to church too. I mean we can as well have an online church. For instance, with the name *Believers Online Ministry (BOM)* (you can name your online church whatever Christ inspires you to). After all the Bible says where two or three are gathered in His name, He is with them. Let's bring His presence to our WhatsApp groups, Telegram and Websites. *Woli agba started IPM* on Instagram�. With our online Bible studies, online prayer meetings, online Sunday service etc, we can save a whole lot of money that should go into building multi million cathedrals attended by financially and spiritually poor members. our offerings can then simply go to our poor neighbours and those less privileged children in our streets, getting phones and subscription for our absent members. The group admin and pastor can have a job or business just as Apostle Paul. (I will so enjoy this online church thing o)
I don't even know if I'm making sense. if I realise I do, I can discuss the structure of an effective online church that is devoid of exploitation some other day. Lemme rest my case for now.

@obm_Fabro

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Un Security Council, Why're U So Irresponsible? / COVID 19 / Covid-19: Osun Water Ministry Embarks On Massive Public Sensitisation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.