Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,143 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Advice To FG: Countries Left Out In Travel List Of Banned Corona Hotspots - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Advice To FG: Countries Left Out In Travel List Of Banned Corona Hotspots (484 Views)

Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List / Military, DSS, Others Comb Hotspots In FCT, Nab Terrorists, Informants / Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice To FG: Countries Left Out In Travel List Of Banned Corona Hotspots by Onyocha: 7:00pm On Mar 19, 2020
I hope the mods would push this thread to the front page.

There are three countries that are underreporting their cases of corona virus and we have already had carriers from those countries.

The FG should include: Turkey, Egypt and India to the list of banned travel.

Egypt for example has terribly downplayed its numbers of infected cases, some say, so Egypt won't drive tourists away. Underreporting cases is one sure way of spreading the virus. Turkey is the same thing. People only hear of infections from these countries when people leave these countries and arrive in another. Many cases of infections have been reported in other countries of people who were in Egypt and Turkey.

India's case is special. With their congested cities and over a billion people, they are claiming to only have about 200 cases.

Please, the FG should ban travel to and from these three countries in addition to the other 13.

And our immigration should be on high alert for people whose original departure are from the banned countries but travel to Nigeria through transit from an unbanned country. That was the glitch that happened in Italy. They banned travelers from China. But people were still arriving Italy from China through transiting other countries.

Precautions are very necessary at this point to make sure no new cases are imported into the country. The existing cases can easily be contained and treated accordingly.

Seun Lalasticlala

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice To FG: Countries Left Out In Travel List Of Banned Corona Hotspots by budaatum: 7:15pm On Mar 19, 2020
I doubt anyone is travelling now anyway.
Re: Advice To FG: Countries Left Out In Travel List Of Banned Corona Hotspots by iammo(m): 7:19pm On Mar 19, 2020
undecided

I also feel Nigeria is downplaying the reports especially the woman that died in Enugu who flew in from UK and the American, how can the Minister of State for health say Nigeria wouldn't close border only for the president to anouce closure 24hours after or how do we explain the news of someone testing virus in katsina without news of when she entered katsina or when she was quarantined.. and with the sudden lock down of NorthWest by their Governors what exactly do they know and are not telling us

Re: Advice To FG: Countries Left Out In Travel List Of Banned Corona Hotspots by sapientia(m): 12:06am On Mar 20, 2020
Double wahala for dead body ooooo

Buhari led FG ignores even regional and global outcries.

Who will this APC Government listen to.

Imagine what they should be aware of.

Now its in NL where we have majority of Nigerian online zombies.

Naira Marley and Davido and Wizman dem no dey NL?

Make them tweet this as na only celebrities dey get attention for Nigeria.
Re: Advice To FG: Countries Left Out In Travel List Of Banned Corona Hotspots by Cmanforall: 12:06am On Mar 20, 2020
This corona topic ...
Re: Advice To FG: Countries Left Out In Travel List Of Banned Corona Hotspots by fishjam: 5:12am On Mar 20, 2020
Someone said he is still practicing how to pronounce 'CoronaVirus', once he master it, He will come out to address the Nation

Mr A: Mr president there is corona virus in the country.
President Buhari: Toryorta korola..
Mr A: Corona virus...VIRUS
President Buhari: hes it effect my cattle?
Mr A: No sir
President Buhari: then der is no course of alarm...why are you disturbing me ehn , musa.
Mr A: Sorry sir.

By the way, I have Brand New Original Shure SM57 for an URGENT/DISTRESS sale. Price is 35k now 25k Reach me on +2348 064 943-297. You can request for pix

(1) (Reply)

What Atiku Said About Son’s Infection With Coronavirus / House Of Representatives Members Seen Wearing Nose Masks (photos) / Update On Asiwaju Tinubu Covid-19 test Status-Positive or Negative.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.