Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,421 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List (1882 Views)

Why Atiku’s Picture Was Not Included On PDP Branded Vehicles – Makinde / Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times / Breaking: Amaechi, Saraki, Keyamo, Akpabio Included As Buhari Sends List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by Equaljhayloaded: 3:16pm On Jun 07, 2023
The Canadian government has announced visa-free travel for visitors from 13 different countries across Asia, Africa, Central and South America.

In a statement released, Sean Fraser, the Canadian Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship said the visa-free travel is extended to Antigua and Barbuda, St Lucia, Trinidad and Tobago, St Kitts-Nevis, Panama, Argentina, Costa Rica, Uruguay, Morocco, Seychelles, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Thailand and the Philippines.

While north Africa’s Morocco and east Africa’s Seychelles joined the list, Nigeria the most populous African nation didn’t make the cut.

“An expansion of the electronic travel authorization better known as the eTA programs makes it easier for “known travellers” from those countries to come here for fun and business,” the statement reads

He said the expansion not only enhances convenience for travellers, it will also increase travel, tourism and economic benefits, as well as strengthen global bonds with these 13 countries.

“The known travellers from these countries can save a lot of money as a result of the visa exemptions.” the statement reads

A visitor visa currently costs $100 per person and $500 for a family of five or more, but an eTA only costs seven dollars per person and is valid for as long as five years.

Source:https://www.equaljhayloaded.com.ng/nigeria-not-included-as-canada-adds-two-african-nations-to-visa-free-travel-list/

Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by nobaga: 3:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
Jamaica is not included too.
Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by HacheNoire: 3:22pm On Jun 07, 2023
They won’t try it!

Nigeria will become empty!

But on the other hand, if Canada wants to fill up that land mass and generate massive revenue, it’s something they should be thinking about.

Nigerians are not lazy, they will work and pay taxes and still get cheap labour to boost their production.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by SmartPolician: 3:27pm On Jun 07, 2023
Make the mistake of including Nigeria to that list and watch us empty our shithole into your beautiful Canada!

People who are so desperate to run away from their countries like China, Pakistan and India didn't make the list either.

This only shows that having a bunch of unproductive people only makes your country a big joke! cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by BlackAdams007: 3:27pm On Jun 07, 2023
Don't het them wrong, they won't displeas themselves to please you. Fact!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by MatrixReloaded: 3:32pm On Jun 07, 2023
Who will govern NIGERIA..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by Suspectzero(m): 12:06am On Jun 30, 2023
HacheNoire:
They won’t try it!

But on the other hand, if Canada wants to fill up that land mass and generate massive revenue, it’s something they should be thinking about.

Nigerians are not lazy, they will work and pay taxes and still get cheap labour to boost their production.

It's not about "working hard" like a thoughtless camel. Canada doesn't want Nigeria's culture imported en masse. Culture and suitability matters. Educational level matters. The quality, not just quantity of people, matters. Nigeria has very low quality and high quantity of people, which is why the Country is both low quality and substandard. Ask your fellow African Countries to let you in, instead of trying to invade Oyinbo's Country, 2 continents away from you.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by grandstar(m): 12:29am On Jun 30, 2023
Canada should be ready to have a hoard of illegal immigrants from some of these countries. It is irrational on the part of Canadians to open their country this wide. I won't be surprised if the door is shut in a few years.

The countries are:

1. Argentina (the country's a perpetual basket case. Inflation is over 100%.

2. Morroco. Canada may now become their first choice for illegal emigration. They full France, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands and so on. As Lordadam16 said, if you squint your eye in Morroco, you will see Spain.

3. Phillipines.
These guys dey immigrate wella. You even have them as housemaids in Nigeria despite the fact their country's per capita income is higher than ours.

These guys are everywhere in Asia especially the Middle East and South east. They are also used as sailors. They've been emigrating ever since the time the late President, Ferdinand Marcus ruined their economy with the "help" of America by propping up the dictator despite him failing his people during his rule. The Philiphines was one of the "son of a bitch" countries during the cold War.

4. For Thailand, I can't say much.
They emigrate but not too much. They are plentiful in Malaysia but I don't know anywhere else. I don't want to write what I don't know.

They do travel to Sweden I think during the summer to pick fruits but it's seasonal and they always return home.

Frankly speaking in all, I suspect the Canadians might have lowered their guard because they need migrants to do the dirty jobs that their native born citizens and white collar legal migrants snob.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by grandstar(m): 12:33am On Jun 30, 2023
HacheNoire:
They won’t try it!

Even Argentina, Morrocco and the Philipines go empty.

Is it Argentine where the inflation rate is over a 100% they are opening their doors too?

Maybe Canada wants to whiten itself. Presently, most migrants are black, brown or Chinese.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by grandstar(m): 12:38am On Jun 30, 2023
Suspectzero:

It's not about "working hard" like a thoughtless camel. Canada doesn't want Nigeria's culture imported en masse. Culture and suitability matters. Educational level matters. The quality, not just quantity of people, matters. Nigeria has very low quality and high quantity of people, which is why the Country is both low quality and substandard. Ask your fellow African Countries to let you in, instead of trying to invade Oyinbo's Country, 2 continents away from you.

Please do not write on something you know little about.

Nigerians make better immigrants than some of the countries listed here.

Argentines speak Spanish. Thai speak Thai. Moroccans are French speaking (they will feel at home in Quebec). Canadians would prefer English speakers any day.

Nigerian migrants have more to offer than these guys. Nigerians are the most educated group in the United States.

Nigerians are included in the 10 most successful migrant groups in America.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by Suspectzero(m): 6:30pm On Jun 30, 2023
grandstar:

Please do not write on something you know little about.

Nigerians make better immigrants than some of the countries listed here.

Argentines speak Spanish. Thai speak Thai. Moroccans are French speaking (they will feel at home in Quebec). Canadians would prefer English speakers any day.

Nigerian migrants have more to offer than these guys. Nigerians are the most educated group in the United States.

Nigerians are included in the 10 most successful migrant groups in America.

What makes you think that qualification to assimilate into a first world modern society starts and ends with the ability to speak English? Also for all those countries you listed, English might not be a first language but most of their population have been been able to pick it up as a second language. Most Nigerians can't even speak proper fluent English without resorting to pigeon to supplement their poor grammar. Most Nigerians are illiterate, and the ones that made it to through school are still poorly educated.

My comment was never about barring all Nigerians from Immigrating. My comment was making travel "visa Free" for all Nigerians which would lead to a massive influx of low quality Immigrants with poor education and inability to properly assimilate to the local culture here. It's usually the most privileged and well educated Nigerians that make it to North America so it's no surprise that most succeed. We are a Nation with the highest rate of poverty for a reason. No first world nation will ever make travel visa free for such.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by grandstar(m): 12:59am On Jul 01, 2023
Suspectzero:

You are the one making very little sense. What makes you think that qualification to assimilate into a first world modern society starts and ends with the ability to speak English? Also for all those countries you listed, English might not be a first language but most of their population have been been able to pick it up as a second language. Most Nigerians can't even speak proper fluent English without resorting to pigeon to supplement their poor grammar. Most Nigerians are illiterate, and the ones that made it to through school are still poorly educated.

My comment was never about barring all Nigerians from Immigrating. My comment was making travel "visa Free" for all Nigerians which would lead to a massive influx of low quality Immigrants with poor education and inability to properly assimilate to the local culture here. It's usually the most privileged and well educated Nigerians that make it to North America so it's no surprise that most succeed. We are a Nation with the highest rate of poverty for a reason. No first world nation will ever make travel visa free for such.

Your response here is both basic and ignorant.

No vex my brother.

I thought you were one of those guys who just tear down other Nigerians freely without justification.

I understand what you're saying. Your fear are the type of Nigerian migrants that head to Italy.

Let's be honest, for many countries, it is usually their best and brightest that enter. That's why Indians are the richest demography in the US today. If it was the average Indian and not those tech sorts, there'd be another story.

However, Latin America seems to send mostly their lowest- the type of Nigerians heading to Italy, Central America is the most guilty

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by Rossikk(m): 1:23am On Jul 01, 2023
Suspectzero:
Most Nigerians can't even speak proper fluent English without resorting to pigeon to supplement their poor grammar. Most Nigerians are illiterate, and the ones that made it to through school are still poorly educated.

Typical low self-esteem moro.n typing rubbish from his anus.

I wonder why you expect ''most Nigerians'' to be able to speak ''proper fluent English'' when English is an imported colonial language that has nothing to do with them, and SHOULDN'T have anything to do with them?

Does it occur to your thick, self-hating skull that the average Canadian, English, American person is not burdened with the obligation to master an entirely different language from the one they were born into, in order to qualify as worthy?

And then you have the audacity to sniff and sneer at those Nigerians who for some reason or the other did not master your slave master's language?

Your comments dripping with contempt for them?

How dare you?

And the literacy figures for Nigeria are over 70%, compared to 5% at independence, courtesy of colonial looting, which is not bad for a developing nation of 220 million people.

So you are a liar to say ''most Nigerian are illiterates'', you pampered know-nothing.

You are wrong to say even ''the ones who make it through school are poorly educated''.

As someone who schooled in Nigeria, UK, and US, I can tell you for free that ANY Nigerian student who passed NIGERIAN GCSE's, or achieved a NIGERIAN degree, is always NEAR THE TOP OF THE CLASS in western educational institutions.

That includes Nigerians who attended VILLAGE SCHOOLS in Nigeria.

Rubbish.

Just take your Uncle Tom self and get the fck out of this place.
Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by EKONGKING: 5:34am On Jul 01, 2023
SmartPolician:
Make the mistake of including Nigeria to that list and watch us empty our shithole into your beautiful Canada!

People who are so desperate to run away from their countries like China, Pakistan and India didn't make the list either.

This only shows that having a bunch of unproductive people only makes your country a big joke! cheesy

continue your delusional thinking's about China .
Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by Nobody: 5:36am On Jul 01, 2023
While investors are fleeing and avoiding Nigeria under APC's maladministration, developed countries too are doing same.. haha

There's no smoke without fire.

When EU election observers gave you their honest analysis of how bad and unfairly stationed things are in Nigeria as reflected by INEC's handling this of 2023 elections, you thought they were busybodying.

Ok na. E don set

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by ratilokper: 5:41am On Jul 01, 2023
Other places dey to go
Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by Yankee101: 5:44am On Jul 01, 2023
Nobody send Naija sha
We need leaders that will put us on the map
Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by ezegold4we: 6:10am On Jul 01, 2023
Even in the next 50yrs, no western or developed nation will grant nigerians free Visa,

Even the US green card Visa lottery package has been closed against Nigerians because we have exceeded our slot.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by soojar(m): 7:09am On Jul 01, 2023
grandstar:
Canada should be ready to have a hoard of illegal immigrants from some of these countries. It is irrational on the part of Canadians to open their country this wide. I won't be surprised if the door is shut in a few years.

The countries are:

1. Argentina (the country's a perpetual basket case. Inflation is over 100%.

2. Morroco. Canada may now become their first choice for illegal emigration. They full France, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands and so on. As Lordadam16 said, if you squint your eye in Morroco, you will see Spain.

3. Phillipines.
These guys dey immigrate wella. You even have them as housemaids in Nigeria despite the fact their country's per capita income is higher than ours.

These guys are everywhere in Asia especially the Middle East and South east. They are also used as sailors. They've been emigrating ever since the time the late President, Ferdinand Marcus ruined their economy with the "help" of America by propping up the dictator despite him failing his people during his rule. The Philiphines was one of the "son of a bitch" countries during the cold War.

4. For Thailand, I can't say much.
They emigrate but not too much. They are plentiful in Malaysia but I don't know anywhere else. I don't want to write what I don't know.

They do travel to Sweden I think during the summer to pick fruits but it's seasonal and they always return home.

Frankly speaking in all, I suspect the Canadians might have lowered their guard because they need migrants to do the dirty jobs that their native born citizens and white collar legal migrants snob.

The keyword here is "known travellers"

We learn every day.
Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by RECTEM: 7:44am On Jul 01, 2023
APC took us back to 1980
Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by Meerahbel: 8:20am On Jul 02, 2023
HacheNoire:
They won’t try it!

Germany has opened the doors
Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by ratiani6: 8:23am On Jul 02, 2023
Fine
Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by Suspectzero(m): 4:16am On Jul 04, 2023
grandstar:

No vex my brother.

I thought you were one of those guys who just tear down other Nigerians freely without justification.

I understand what you're saying. Your fear are the type of Nigerian migrants that head to Italy.

Let's be honest, for many countries, it is usually their best and brightest that enter. That's why Indians are the richest demography in the US today. If it was the average Indian and not those tech sorts, there'd be another story.

However, Latin America seems to send mostly their lowest- the type of Nigerians heading to Italy, Central America is the most guilty

Sorry for my harsh response jare. Just misunderstanding on both our path. I wish our fatherland was much better than it is. But our reality is unfortunate. We gotta do what's best for us individually i guess.

Also, yes South Americans send their most mediocre to worst because they enter illegally. If Nigeria was on the American continent we would all be trekking to the U.S land borders too lol.
Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by Suspectzero(m): 5:22am On Jul 04, 2023
Rossikk:

Typical low self-esteem moro.n typing rubbish from his anus.

I wonder why you expect ''most Nigerians'' to be able to speak ''proper fluent English'' when English is an imported colonial language that has nothing to do with them, and SHOULDN'T have anything to do with them?

Does it occur to your thick, self-hating skull that the average Canadian, English, American person is not burdened with the obligation to master an entirely different language from the one they were born into, in order to qualify as worthy?

And then you have the audacity to sniff and sneer at those Nigerians who for some reason or the other did not master your slave master's language?

Your comments dripping with contempt for them?

How dare you?

And the literacy figures for Nigeria are over 70%, compared to 5% at independence, courtesy of colonial looting, which is not bad for a developing nation of 220 million people.

So you are a liar to say ''most Nigerian are illiterates'', you pampered know-nothing.

You are wrong to say even ''the ones who make it through school are poorly educated''.

As someone who schooled in Nigeria, UK, and US, I can tell you for free that ANY Nigerian student who passed NIGERIAN GCSE's, or achieved a NIGERIAN degree, is always NEAR THE TOP OF THE CLASS in western educational institutions.

That includes Nigerians who attended VILLAGE SCHOOLS in Nigeria.

Rubbish.

Just take your Uncle Tom self and get the fck out of this place.

All this venom because Oyinbo rejected you and sent you packing back home?

I did a quick google search and it said Nigeria's literacy rate is 62%. Not good at all.

So you expect me to believe that our educational standards are higher than those of first world countries?? Is that why we don't innovate anything and we need foreign nationals to come extract and process our oil? We don't even print our own currency. Haven't figured out how to generate enough electricity to power the Country in over 60 years of independence now.

That colonial language is the number one language spoken in the world today. It's the defacto international language. So be mad about it all you want. Mr colonial victim.
Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by ratiani6: 5:25am On Jul 04, 2023
Okay
Re: Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List by Kseeker: 7:01am On Jul 04, 2023
SmartPolician:

How's china, second largest economy on Eartha shithole?

(1) (Reply)

Ajuri Obari Ngelale Is President Tinubus Official Spokesperson / Why are South East States The Busiest States In Nigeria During Christmas? / How Long Would It Take Your Country To Fix It(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.