Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,376 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation (2096 Views)

Hardship, Food Shortage: You’re To Blame Not Tinubu Govt – Presidency Slams / Ahmed Lawan Is Irresponsible, Peter Obi’s Vice, Datti Slams Senate President / Full Text Of Northern Govs’ Statement Asking Buhari To Pick Southern Successor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by kponkedenge(m): 9:23pm On Mar 19, 2020
The Presidency has berated the senators who called on the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), to address Nigerians in a television broadcast.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said in a statement that such calls were nothing but cheap politics.

The Presidency further stated that this was the time for all Nigerians to unite against COVID-19, adding that this was not the time to attack the ruling All Progressives Congress.

The statement read in part, “We also plead with Nigerians not to see this most peculiar of times as one to be politicised or seen as an opportunity to regurgitate grudges against the government or the ruling All Progressives Congress. North, South, East, and West – all Nigerians must unite to fight this plague, irrespective of religious or ideological affiliation.

“In this regard, populist advocacies such as the one accusing the President of ‘complacency’ simply because he has not made a television address by ranking members of our respected parliament are cheap and sensational. These are not the times for populism and cheap politics.”

According to the Presidency, palliatives including the reduction of petrol pump price from N145 to N125 per litre were in place to cushion the effect of the pandemic.

It also stated that N1.1tn fund had been approved by the Central Bank of Nigeria to assist businesses.

The Senate had on Wednesday called on Buhari to address Nigerians on the coronavirus in the country.

It also urged the Federal Government to shut down all international airports except the Lagos and Abuja airports for easier monitoring of the disease.

The lawmakers asked the President to suspend the issuance of visas on arrival at the borders so as to check the spread of the pandemic.

As of Thursday, there are twelve confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Nigeria.

https://punchng.com/coronavirus-presidency-slams-senate-for-asking-buhari-to-address-nigerians/?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

Mynd44, lalasticlala
Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by alsudan: 9:24pm On Mar 19, 2020
grin Comedy Central grin

The brain dead dullard can’t face the media unscripted for 1 minute. His handlers know that.

10 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by Bethel4Life(f): 9:25pm On Mar 19, 2020
Lolz
Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by Bethel4Life(f): 9:26pm On Mar 19, 2020
this one weak me oo
Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by sweetluv26(f): 9:32pm On Mar 19, 2020
this country na joke

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by festacman(m): 9:35pm On Mar 19, 2020
I have searched hard and I am yet to see where it is written that Presidential address is of the ways to fight COVID-19. The emphasis is on making vital information clearly available, taking policy actions and putting facilities in place.

Italian PM, POTUS, and British PM addressed their nations on COVID-19. Have it stopped the spread of the virus?Of course, NO. So, make una free Pres. Buhari joor! Take personal precautions because Buhari will not join you in self isolation if you become infected. Let's get real and be practical.

Moreover, the impression is that other countries are doing wonders fighting COVID-19 while Nigeria is sleeping. This is purely a NEGATIVE thinking. Nigeria had started screening at airports even when President Trump was still jokingly saying the virus is a hoax by Democrats. I don't think we are the worst in this COVID-19 control stuff.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by TheFreeOne: 9:35pm On Mar 19, 2020
Who is the presidency? Kyari or bubu

Seriously whilst leaders of other nations are briefing their citizens almost daily one dingbat garbage is talking trash as usual to mask his ogas cluelessness and incompetency.

Anyway like someone once opined on this forum maybe oga at the top is finding it difficult to pronounce Coronavirus cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:38pm On Mar 19, 2020
This Buhari handlers are making things worse for him. Just imagine the gibberish this one is spilling out. So the APC controlled Senate which u are the leader of as president is politicizing the matter at hand. Anyways Buhari said he will surprise us angry angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by seankafor(m): 9:41pm On Mar 19, 2020
What actually do you want the president to say that you dont already know?
Maybe u also need the president address to fvck and shit..
Dinwits embarassed
Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by fergie001: 9:42pm On Mar 19, 2020
And I actually saw this today.....

Laughing in corona mode..

Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by gaddafe(m): 9:43pm On Mar 19, 2020
The presidency. Who is the presidency? Garba shehu should know when to shut up. He is mere appointee. If the people want to hear from their president they shouldn't be denied. What is really difficult in addressing the press if not that the President faculty has gone to the dogs. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by Under16: 9:44pm On Mar 19, 2020
Buhari Amaka
Presidency Amaka

Abi na? Wetin una want make we tell the Laura man again. We are tired of insulting someone that has ear infection. So we say Buhari Amaka make we see whether God go pity us small.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by Sirjamo: 9:44pm On Mar 19, 2020
A dangerous virus is on the loose, but all wailers want is to hear Buhari speak. Speak and say what exactly?

If you are obsessed with hearing his voice, play one of his many videos on YouTube. As for me, I am more interested in the steps he is taking to tame the virus.

I AM DONE TALKING
Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by CAPSLOCKED: 9:45pm On Mar 19, 2020
SINGING...

Who has the final say
Jehovah has the final say
Who has the final say

Jehovah turns my life around
Jehovah turns my life around
He makes a way where there is no way

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 19, 2020
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by seunlayi(m): 9:47pm On Mar 19, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
This Buhari handlers are making things worse for him. Just imagine the gibberish this one is spilling out. So the APC controlled Senate which u are the leader of as president is politicizing the matter at hand. Anyways Buhari said he will surprise us angry angry
he can't surprise me, he can only surprise his zombies. We knew he is not fit.... Check all my pre 2015 election comments. He is doing as predicted and I also said the disgrace he will suffer will be more than what they brought upon Gej then......

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by WATCHOVER(m): 9:53pm On Mar 19, 2020
I think something is wrong with Garba Shehu head.

At times he talk out of point.

What is wrong if president address the nation? other countries head are doing it why will Nigeria's own be different.

Garba Shehu need to be on isolation till he receive brain flu treatment

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 19, 2020
See them
Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by Cairoboy(m): 10:01pm On Mar 19, 2020
Why won't it be a cheap politics, wèrè yín ti je dòdò, e o le s'òdodo.
Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by xynerise: 10:02pm On Mar 19, 2020
His speech is useless right now. We all know it's the same boring scripted speech.

Let's face reality
Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by Under16: 10:07pm On Mar 19, 2020
Sirjamo:
[s]A dangerous virus is on the loose, but all wailers want is to hear Buhari speak. Speak and say what exactly?

If you are obsessed with hearing his voice, play one of his many videos on YouTube. As for me, I am more interested in the steps he is taking to tame the virus.

I AM DONE TALKING[/s]

Are u OK at all. Just like a Father's presence is needed in the house so is it with the nation. Have u ever fallen sick or being in a state of quagmire while young? Imagine ur father being absent at that time...the sickness worsens. Even if u are on a recovery process, it will be so slow...now imagine ur dad appears and then d sickness suddenly disappears.
You see the US and other great nations no matter how trouble overwhelmes them just POTUS addressing the nation brings succour and a bit of relief to the pple.
Though his speech is as useless as the p in pneumonia. So much water has passed underneath the bridge. His speech should have come earlier than the Italian coroner

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by Jflex07(m): 10:07pm On Mar 19, 2020
festacman:
I have searched hard and I am yet to see where it is written that Presidential address is of the ways to fight COVID-19. The emphasis is on making vital information clearly available and putting facilities in place.

Italian PM, POTUS, and British PM addressed their nations on COVID-19. Have it stopped the spread of the virus? Of course, no. Make una free Pres. Buhari joor!

Moreover, the impression is that other countries are doing wonders fighting COVID-19 while Nigeria is sleeping. This is purely a NEGATIVE thinking. Nigeria had started screening at airports even when President Trump was still jokingly saying the virus is a hoax by Democrats. I don't think we are the worst in this COVID-19 control stuff.
You are working for your money.Keep it up zombie.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by osamz007: 10:07pm On Mar 19, 2020
A very funny nation

With I DIOTS AT THE TOP..

TRUMP THAT DOES BROADCAST ALMOST EVERYDAY NKO?

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by Jflex07(m): 10:08pm On Mar 19, 2020
sycophancy at its best. Garba shehu and the entire so called presidency are a bunch or retards, idiots and scallywags.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by festacman(m): 10:10pm On Mar 19, 2020
Jflex07:
You are working for your money.Keep it up zombie.

You are not using your head. Keep it up fat head.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by Professorcplus(m): 10:12pm On Mar 19, 2020
Thinking critically

Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by Runaway: 10:18pm On Mar 19, 2020
Is the President our president or the presidency president? I don't understand this country again oooo

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by Citytrend: 10:22pm On Mar 19, 2020
May stupidity fall on you there for Playing down on a deadly Pandemic like Coronavirus. Ass licker like you. Brainwashed dude.

Would you make the same comment if an Opposition Party was in Power!

Brainwashed creature.

Fat empty head!

Ask your Government why they shutdown Private & Public Schools, All Nigerians Universities,including Border for Travelers if Coronavirus was that Cheap.

Religious and ethnic Fooooooool

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by Under16: 10:25pm On Mar 19, 2020
No day passes in this country that doesn't bring us nearer to the conclusion that Jubrilla is the Buhari

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by DCmonster: 11:45pm On Mar 19, 2020
festacman:
I have searched hard and I am yet to see where it is written that Presidential address is of the ways to fight COVID-19. The emphasis is on making vital information clearly available, taking policy actions and putting facilities in place.

Italian PM, POTUS, and British PM addressed their nations on COVID-19. Have it stopped the spread of the virus?Of course, NO. So, make una free Pres. Buhari joor! Take personal precautions because Buhari will not join you in self isolation if you become infected. Let's get real and be practical.

And you think you made sense with this rubbish you wrote?

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Presidency Slams Senate For Asking Buhari To Address The Nation by Earlystar698(m): 11:47pm On Mar 19, 2020
The Dumbest president ever

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apc Lies Bursted. This Is The Current State Of Enugu International Airport(pics) / Breaking: IPOB Militants Leader Killed, Other Arrested(Graphic) / Islamic Cleric: Igbos Are Oppressing Us In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.