Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,911 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Mikel Reveals How Trabzonspor Threatened Him Before His Contract Was Cancelled - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Reveals How Trabzonspor Threatened Him Before His Contract Was Cancelled (713 Views)

John Obi Mikel Racially Abused In Trabzonspor Vs Fernabache Football Match / Mikel Obi Set To Quit Trabzonspor / Trabzonspor President Celebrates Ogenyi Onazi's 26th Birthday In Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Reveals How Trabzonspor Threatened Him Before His Contract Was Cancelled by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:43pm On Mar 19, 2020
Coronavirus: Mikel Obi reveals how Trabzonspor threatened him before his contract was cancelled

By Ifreke Inyang

John Mikel Obi has revealed Trabzonspor president asked him to delete his Instagram post criticizing Turkish football authorities, before his contract was terminated.

The 32-year-old in an interview with The Athletic, also made it clear he has no plans to return to the club.

Last week, Mikel Obi publicly questioned why football was still being played in Turkey, as the COVID-19 continues to spread around Europe.

The Nigerian midfielder had since had his contract at the club cancelled.

“They [the club] were really upset about the whole thing.

“I was told to meet with the president in his office one-on-one. He asked me to take [the post] down. I told him I wasn’t going to do that.

“It’s my opinion. This is how I feel. We live in a free world. I have freedom of speech. I can express my opinion,” Mikel Obi said.

The Turkish Football Federation (TFF) finally called off league fixtures on Thursday.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/03/19/coronavirus-mikel-obi-reveals-how-trabzonspor-threatened-him-before-his-contract-was-cancelled/amp/
Re: Mikel Reveals How Trabzonspor Threatened Him Before His Contract Was Cancelled by seunlayi(m): 10:45pm On Mar 19, 2020
We are behind you brother
Re: Mikel Reveals How Trabzonspor Threatened Him Before His Contract Was Cancelled by Totilopussylick(m): 10:47pm On Mar 19, 2020
I stand with Obi
Re: Mikel Reveals How Trabzonspor Threatened Him Before His Contract Was Cancelled by heartbraker(m): 11:35pm On Mar 19, 2020
M
Re: Mikel Reveals How Trabzonspor Threatened Him Before His Contract Was Cancelled by Humphrizy(m): 6:45am On Mar 20, 2020
Dx is serious oh...one thing I know is dx... Health is wealth..

When one door closes... another one will surely open...I wish him all the best

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Cristian Ronaldo Playing With His Pet (photos) / See The Inspiring Thing Mario Balotelli Said About Europe Due To Racism(pic) / Bayern Win Eighth Consecutive Title,celebrate In Empty Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.