Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,020 members, 7,956,774 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:38 PM

Mikel: I’m Never Going Back To Trabzonspor - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel: I’m Never Going Back To Trabzonspor (415 Views)

John Obi Mikel Racially Abused In Trabzonspor Vs Fernabache Football Match / Mikel Obi Set To Quit Trabzonspor / Trabzonspor President Celebrates Ogenyi Onazi's 26th Birthday In Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel: I’m Never Going Back To Trabzonspor by solbase10(m): 9:51am On Mar 20, 2020
Nigeria midfielder John Obi Mikel says he has no plans to return to Trabzonspor after walking out on the club over their handling of the coronavirus situation.

Mikel posted on social media last week, making his views clear that the Turkish Super Lig should be suspended as Covid-19 spreads.

The former Super Eagles captain contract was subsequently cancelled and he had since returned to his family in England.
They [the club] were really upset about the whole thing,” Mikel told The Athletic.

“I was told to meet with the president in his office one-on-one. He asked me to take [the post] down. I told him I wasn’t going to do that.
“It’s my opinion. This is how I feel. We live in a free world. I have freedom of speech. I can express my opinion.

“I wanted to win the league too but at this point in time, we have to think about what is more important: to save peoples’ lives.

“I want to help in any way that I can to defeat this virus. For us to be out there playing; I don’t think we are helping the global situation. I don’t feel it is right for us to play football.

“UEFA has postponed football. How come they are still playing in Turkey? It’s not right at all. But Trabzonspor was not having it — for me, they don’t care.”
Log on to www.completesports.com to read more interesting news like this. @completesportsnigeria @Completesports #breakingnews #sports #news ##sportsnews #caf #football #footballnews

Re: Mikel: I’m Never Going Back To Trabzonspor by wilcox(m): 10:02am On Mar 20, 2020
You took the best position at the best time
Re: Mikel: I’m Never Going Back To Trabzonspor by Humphrizy(m): 10:15am On Mar 20, 2020
Oil dey pon Mikel head....wise man making awesome moves
Re: Mikel: I’m Never Going Back To Trabzonspor by KELVINXY: 10:27am On Mar 20, 2020
i stand with mikel

Life 1st before money...............
and i think Fifa should look into this undecided

(1) (Reply)

Tottenham Hotspur Launch Bid For Victor Osimhen / Bundesliga Sure Games For This Weekend / The Goat Misses Penalty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.