Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. (2867 Views)

A Picture Of Marina, Lagos State In The 80's. Was It Tinubu That Developed It? / BREAKING: Tragedy As Formal Nigerian Governor Dies Of Undisclose Illness / So Embarrassing And Deluding, Every Yorubaman Claiming Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by dignity33: 12:08pm On Mar 20, 2020
I never hear any Yoruba Claiming to come from other part of Southwest if not Lagos like the way Hausa or Igbos claimed on the state they come from. The Lagos they always claim off was developed by British and Nigerian as Formal Capital. Why are they not compared other states in Nigeria with Ekiti, Oyo etc. I never find Hausa claiming and comparing other states with Abuja.

4 Likes

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by AroOkigbo(m): 12:12pm On Mar 20, 2020
dignity33:
I never here any Yoruba Claiming to come from other part of Southwest if not Lagos like the way Hausa or Igbos claimed on the state they come from. The Lagos they always boost off was developed by British and Nigerian as Formal Capital. Why are they not compared other states in Nigeria with Ekiti, Oyo etc. I never find Hausa boosting and comparing other states with Abuja.
You are looking for trouble.
They are all from Lagos nah grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by Mightymanna(m): 12:16pm On Mar 20, 2020
Lagos and Abuja are off the list.
Let's compare the 6 geopolitical zones and see which ones are really developed more than others

1 Like

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by johnmartus(m): 12:16pm On Mar 20, 2020
My name is Kamsiyochukwu I was born and raised in Isiala Ngwa in Abia state.
Please kindly ignore this Anambra man. Envy and hatred has been a problem to them. Even they hate us in Abia state they thought they are more igbo than anyone else.
dignity33:
I never here any Yoruba Claiming to come from other part of Southwest if not Lagos like the way Hausa or Igbos claimed on the state they come from. The Lagos they always claim off was developed by British and Nigerian as Formal Capital. Why are they not compared other states in Nigeria with Ekiti, Oyo etc. I never find Hausa claiming and comparing other states with Abuja.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by dignity33: 12:17pm On Mar 20, 2020
AroOkigbo:

You are looking for trouble.
They are all from Lagos nah grin
sorry but only want to know the reason why.
Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 20, 2020
If you want to, you can also claim to be from lagos. One 9ja got you covered

1 Like

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by dignity33: 12:23pm On Mar 20, 2020
johnmartus:
Please kindly ignore this Anambra man. Envy and hatred has been a problem to them. Even they hate us in Abia state they thought they are more igbo than anyone else.
unmask yourself this is not yahoo yahoo where you claim what you are not. Do you see the reason you guys can never be trusted no wonder all of you are claiming to come from Lagos.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by dignity33: 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2020
okorotalkative:
If you want to, you can also claim to be from lagos. One 9ja got you covered
I have travel to many countries but I never see where people compared the capital or formal capital with other part of the country in term of development or have you see pls tell me.

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by FlyoruB: 12:39pm On Mar 20, 2020
See this pained omo yiebo. When it suits them they call Lagos a 'slum' and 'undeveloped', but paradoxically they turn around and try to stake a claim to it when it suits them. Una dey crase. If Yorubas claim Lagos how e take concern you? You sef claim Enugu na, abi? A considerable number of igbo elite from all over Igboland call Enugu home. Matter of fact, we Yorubas don't really give a shyt what you do in your region. But you better get used to the entire Yoruba commonwealth being stakeholders in Lagos simply because it will ALWAYS be a Yorubaland, FCT or no FCT.

No be we say make Lagos become FCT. Infact, the FCT was relocated to Abuja because the FG realized that the experiment behind designating the state as an FCT had failed; the Yoruba character and soul of Lagos simply refused to die so they had no other choice than to look for a more 'suitable' location. Look, you and your fellow pained Igbos can cry from now till tomorrow, but that won't change the character of Lagos as an eternally Yoruba territory. If e pain you reach, you will go and jump into the Lagos lagoon.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by slimfit1(m): 12:50pm On Mar 20, 2020
I'm Yoruba I'm Ogun I've never claimed Lagos

6 Likes

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by dignity33: 12:52pm On Mar 20, 2020
FlyoruB:
See this pained omo yiebo. When it suits them they call Lagos a 'slum' and 'undeveloped', but paradoxically they turn around and try to stake a claim to it when it suits them. Una dey crase. If Yorubas claim Lagos how e take concern you? You sef claim Enugu na, abi? A considerable number of igbo elite from all over Igboland call Enugu home. Matter of fact, we Yorubas don't really give a shyt what you do in your region. But you better get used to the entire Yoruba commonwealth being a stakeholder in Lagos simply because it will ALWAYS be a Yorubaland, FCT or no FCT.

No be we say make Lagos become FCT. Infact, the FCT was relocated to Abuja because the FG realized that the experiment behind designating the state as an FCT had failed; the Yoruba character and soul of Lagos simply refused to die so they had no other choice than to look for a more 'suitable' location. Look, you and your fellow pained Igbos can cry from now till tomorrow, but that won't change the character of Lagos as an eternally Yoruba territory. If e pain you reach, you will go and jump into the Lagos lagoon.
thank you for your response No igbo claim Enugu if he or she is not from the state though may be a resident but can never claimed to come from Enugu and for your information Enugu was never a capital of Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by johnmartus(m): 12:58pm On Mar 20, 2020
I'm not Yoruba why should I claim Lagos.
dignity33:
unmask yourself this is not yahoo yahoo where you claim what you are not. Do you see the reason you guys can never be trusted no wonder all of you are claiming to come from Lagos.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by dignity33: 12:58pm On Mar 20, 2020
slimfit1:
I'm Yoruba I'm Ogun I've never claimed Lagos
thank you but 1/1000000

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by oyatz(m): 12:59pm On Mar 20, 2020
It's crystal clear that you are not well educated, judging by the numerous grammatical blunders in this post.

You need to improve your level of education, exposure and relevant skills to improve your quality of life.

Leave politics , especially tribal politics because it's not in your best interest.

Cheers.

dignity33:
I never here any Yoruba Claiming to come from other part of Southwest if not Lagos like the way Hausa or Igbos claimed on the state they come from. The Lagos they always claim off was developed by British and Nigerian as Formal Capital. Why are they not compared other states in Nigeria with Ekiti, Oyo etc. I never find Hausa claiming and comparing other states with Abuja.

13 Likes

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by FlyoruB: 1:00pm On Mar 20, 2020
dignity33:
thank you for your response No igbo claim Enugu if he or she is not from the state though may be a resident but can never claimed to come from Enugu and for your information Enugu was never a capital of Nigeria.

Guy, the truth is that Yorubas really don't give a flying Bleep about whether you claim Enugu or not. undecided But it's curious that you would be so obesesed about Yoruba people 'claiming' a state located within a Yoruba region/land? Like seriously, you are not even a yoruba person, so what is your fvcking bizness?

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by dignity33: 1:00pm On Mar 20, 2020
johnmartus:
I'm not Yoruba why should I claim Lagos.
can you write that in igbo language?
Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by johnmartus(m): 1:01pm On Mar 20, 2020
Please dont insult all igbo that guy is from Anambra confront him.
FlyoruB:
See this pained omo yiebo. When it suits them they call Lagos a 'slum' and 'undeveloped', but paradoxically they turn around and try to stake a claim to it when it suits them. Una dey crase. If Yorubas claim Lagos how e take concern you? You sef claim Enugu na, abi? A considerable number of igbo elite from all over Igboland call Enugu home. Matter of fact, we Yorubas don't really give a shyt what you do in your region. But you better get used to the entire Yoruba commonwealth being a stakeholder in Lagos simply because it will ALWAYS be a Yorubaland, FCT or no FCT.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by johnmartus(m): 1:03pm On Mar 20, 2020
kedu ihe mere na agaghị m enwe ike ide asụsụ m.
dignity33:
can you write that in igbo language?

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by dignity33: 1:03pm On Mar 20, 2020
FlyoruB:

Guy, the truth is that Yorubas really don't give a flying Bleep about whether you claim Enugu or not. undecided But it's curious that you would be so obesesed about Yoruba people 'claiming' a state with a Yoruba region/land/? Like seriously, you are not even a yoruba person, so what is your fvcking bizness?
sorry if you angry with me but I'm not Yoruba and can never be. If only you guys see how important igbo are then you will shot the trap.
Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by dignity33: 1:05pm On Mar 20, 2020
johnmartus:
kedu ihe mere na agaghị m enwe ike ide asụsụ m.
I don't need Google translation
Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by princemillla(m): 1:06pm On Mar 20, 2020
dignity33:

With numerous issues on ground, your only priority in life is who owns Lagos as if u stand to gain anything off the state.

My Dear bro u need all the available help u can get

7 Likes

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by FlyoruB: 1:07pm On Mar 20, 2020
johnmartus:

Call him to order na. I don't know where in igboland he's from, and frankly I do not care. It's just annoying and hypocritical how igbos can generally be anti-Lagos in every possible way you can imagine, yet they fault Yorubas who are always at the frontline of highlighting the positives of the state and its Yoruba heritage Una no dey pass up any opportunity to call Lagos a 'slum', or accuse it of being responsible for the underdevelopment in your land (una blame Lagos ports for chasing una come SW, e.t.c), yet you will still be dragging Yorubas who embrace the state in its totality (good and bad) for claiming/embracing it as their 'slum' Like seriously?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by dignity33: 1:08pm On Mar 20, 2020
johnmartus:
how did you know he is from Anambra because you are trolling like him..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by DabuIIIT: 1:09pm On Mar 20, 2020
johnmartus:

Shut up. You only wanna make everyone believe op is Igbo.
Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by FlyoruB: 1:10pm On Mar 20, 2020
dignity33:
sorry if you angry with me but I'm not Yoruba and can never be. If only you guys see how important igbo are then you will shot the trap.

Igbos are only 'important' (as you claim) to fellow igbo people, that's where it ends. If you are really as important as you claim, no be you go beg anyone to 'see' that you are important.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by dignity33: 1:11pm On Mar 20, 2020
princemillla:

With numerous issues on ground, your only priority in life is who owns Lagos as if u stand to gain anything off the state.

My Dear bro u need all the available help u can get
what help can you possible offer me I guess nothing, until you guys stop intimidating Nigerians from where they reside I can never stop. Truth is bitter.
Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by DabuIIIT: 1:11pm On Mar 20, 2020
FlyoruB:
See this pained omo yiebo. When it suits them they call Lagos a 'slum' and 'undeveloped', but paradoxically they turn around and try to stake a claim to it when it suits them. Una dey crase. If Yorubas claim Lagos how e take concern you? You sef claim Enugu na, abi? A considerable number of igbo elite from all over Igboland call Enugu home. Matter of fact, we Yorubas don't really give a shyt what you do in your region. But you better get used to the entire Yoruba commonwealth being stakeholders in Lagos simply because it will ALWAYS be a Yorubaland, FCT or no FCT.

Anybody who talks is Igbo,even if a dog barks,na Igbo....your leftover amala you are keeping for supper yaff sour,na Igbo.....
Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by johnmartus(m): 1:12pm On Mar 20, 2020
Anambra and inferiority complex can't depart from you guys.
dignity33:
how did you know he is from Anambra because you are trolling like him..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by dignity33: 1:13pm On Mar 20, 2020
FlyoruB:

Igbos are only 'important' (as you claim) to fellow igbo people, that's where it ends. If you are really as important as you claim, no be you go beg anyone 'see' that you are important.
if you out of Nigeria as a Yoruba you will know how important igbos are to you or rather ask your forign base brothers.
Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by johnmartus(m): 1:15pm On Mar 20, 2020
I'm very sorry brother. On behalf of 5 states in the southeast we say we are sorry.
FlyoruB:

Call him to order na. I don't know where in igboland he's from, and frankly I do not care. It's just annoying and hypocritical how igbos can generally be anti-Lagos in every possible way you can imagine, yet they fault Yorubas who are always at the frontline of highlighting the positives of the state and its Yoruba heritage Una no dey pass up any opportunity to call Lagos a 'slum', or accuse it of being responsible for the underdevelopment in your land (una blame Lagos ports for chasing una come SW, e.t.c), yet you will still be dragging Yorubas who embrace the state in its totality (good and bad) for claiming/embracing it as their 'slum' Like seriously?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by FlyoruB: 1:15pm On Mar 20, 2020
DabuIIIT:

Anybody who talks is Igbo,even if a dog barks,na Igbo....your leftover amala you are keeping for supper yaff sour,na Igbo.....
Smh

If it barks like a dog, no be goat, na dog. No other ethnicity (except your people) comes on social media to lament about Yorubas 'claiming' Lagos.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. by princemillla(m): 1:16pm On Mar 20, 2020
dignity33:
what help can you possible offer me I guess nothing, until you guys stop intimidating Nigerians from where they reside I can never stop. Truth is bitter.

Which truth? What's ur Point self?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Statistics Calling Sw Leaders To Wake Up. / Ondo Is Not Rivers, Akeredolu Tells Wike / A Warning To The Ndi Igbo. From An Ikwerre Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.