Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,305 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Idris Elba Slams Myth That Coronavirus Doesn't Affect Black People - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Idris Elba Slams Myth That Coronavirus Doesn't Affect Black People (1325 Views)

Princess Shyngle And Idris Elba Hang Out Together (PHOTO / Idris Elba Is Crowned People’s Sexiest Man Alive For 2018 / Davido Poses With Idris Elba At MOBO Awards 2017 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Idris Elba Slams Myth That Coronavirus Doesn't Affect Black People by lalasticlala(m): 12:50pm On Mar 20, 2020
English Actor, Idris Elba dispels a myth he has noticed since revealing that he tested positive for the coronavirus via a live Twitter video update.

“Something that’s sort of scaring me when I read the comments and see some of the reactions is: My people — black people, black people — please, please understand that coronavirus, you can get it, all right?”

“There are so many stupid, ridiculous conspiracy theories about black people not being able to get it. That’s dumb, stupid."

“That is the quickest way to get more black people killed. And I’m talking about the whole world. Wherever we are, please understand that you can get it. Just know you have to be as vigilant as every other race. This disease does not discriminate. As a black person who has contracted the virus, it needs to be said.”

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/idriselba/status/1239995118154702848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-8284226232580295599.ampproject.net%2F2003101714470%2Fframe.html

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Idris Elba Slams Myth That Coronavirus Doesn't Affect Black People by Babatunde40(m): 12:51pm On Mar 20, 2020
It is not a respecter of color, class, race or ethnicity. Be guided

1 Like

Re: Idris Elba Slams Myth That Coronavirus Doesn't Affect Black People by NextD18: 12:51pm On Mar 20, 2020
Black get level nah!!

Northern Aboki's black is different from the likes of Idris Elba, 50 Cent, Kelvin hart, Wesley Snipes and the rest.

You don't expect Coronavirus virus to easily step into the body of an Aboki man who consumes Kolanut of 5k everyday, smokes dry shiit, inhale from an empty can of fuel and smokes pepper-mixed weed.

Never!!

2 Likes

Re: Idris Elba Slams Myth That Coronavirus Doesn't Affect Black People by Yenefer(f): 12:54pm On Mar 20, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Idris Elba Slams Myth That Coronavirus Doesn't Affect Black People by ignis: 1:09pm On Mar 20, 2020
The fact remains that Corona Virus does not survive high temperatures like 26°C and above.

And here we have very high temperatures especially in the north where we record temperatures above 40°C.

Secondly, God is on the side of black. That is why we don't record natural disasters here.
Re: Idris Elba Slams Myth That Coronavirus Doesn't Affect Black People by PreciousDev: 1:11pm On Mar 20, 2020
NextD18:
Black get level nah!!

Northern Aboki's black is different from the likes of Idris Elba, 50 Cent, Kelvin hart, Wesley Snipes and the rest.

You don't expect Coronavirus virus to easily step into the body of an Aboki man who consumes Kolanut of 5k everyday, smokes dry shiit, inhale from an empty can of fuel and smokes pepper-mixed weed.

Never!!

All correct!

Re: Idris Elba Slams Myth That Coronavirus Doesn't Affect Black People by internationalman(m): 1:11pm On Mar 20, 2020
Black in a black man's country is different than black in a white man's country..

What we encounter and bear everyday in this country they can't even take one eight of it....

My body will not get hot because of any virus when naturally it's always hot from everyday harsh sun...

I'm not even afraid of HIV anymore than I'm afraid of unwanted pregnancy.
Re: Idris Elba Slams Myth That Coronavirus Doesn't Affect Black People by Nmezor(f): 1:14pm On Mar 20, 2020
So true...Coro no dey discriminate @ all nor look Uche face smiley tongue....Hmmmm its well.

1 Like

Re: Idris Elba Slams Myth That Coronavirus Doesn't Affect Black People by Naomila: 1:15pm On Mar 20, 2020
Trust black people na,as long as it didn't originate from Africa "na white men disease ".
But Nigerians no try, why dem go rush buy chloroquine swallow..whyyyy
Re: Idris Elba Slams Myth That Coronavirus Doesn't Affect Black People by walewriter: 1:16pm On Mar 20, 2020
Ignorance has been killing black people from the beginning of the world. My ears are full.

Coronavirus is a disease for the whites. The heat in Africa means coronavirus can't survive here. Ginger and garlic can cure the virus. Coronavirus starts in the throat so if you drink plenty of water once you start experiencing symptoms, you'll be fine in no time.

Who comes up with these lazy lies?
Why do Africans love false hope?

1 Like

Re: Idris Elba Slams Myth That Coronavirus Doesn't Affect Black People by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 20, 2020
Well it does not... If it did, Africa should be like a madhouse right now. I heard it is crazy in Egypt then why not Naija or Senegal for example What do we have? Un-serious government everywhere and an alarming lack of the necessary equipment and facilities I'm yet to see one nigga die from this sh1t cool
Re: Idris Elba Slams Myth That Coronavirus Doesn't Affect Black People by tillaman(m): 1:48pm On Mar 20, 2020
angry
Re: Idris Elba Slams Myth That Coronavirus Doesn't Affect Black People by CAPSLOCKED: 1:50pm On Mar 20, 2020
They started with saying it doesn't affect blacks because we're immune by just our blackness.

Now preachers are saying we (Christians ONLY) are immune by the blood of Jesus.

Oh, such fools. If the white man in Italy who created your Christ and Christianity has be crippled by the virus, who do you think you are?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Elba Slams Myth That Coronavirus Doesn't Affect Black People by LosC: 2:40pm On Mar 20, 2020
Jesus will save us
Re: Idris Elba Slams Myth That Coronavirus Doesn't Affect Black People by Omnivalent(m): 2:52pm On Mar 20, 2020
ignis:
The fact remains that Corona Virus does not survive high temperatures like 26°C and above.

And here we have very high temperatures especially in the north where we record temperatures above 40°C.

Secondly, God is on the side of black. That is why we don't record natural disasters here.
keep deceiving yourself, don't face reality and be vigilant.
Re: Idris Elba Slams Myth That Coronavirus Doesn't Affect Black People by Flexherbal(m): 6:02pm On Mar 20, 2020
If we obey all the preventive measures, given by health officers, we will overcome.
Re: Idris Elba Slams Myth That Coronavirus Doesn't Affect Black People by InfoSources: 10:42am On Mar 21, 2020
shocked
Re: Idris Elba Slams Myth That Coronavirus Doesn't Affect Black People by EdoPrince93(m): 11:24pm On Mar 21, 2020
Black man mentality

Spits* shocked

(1) (Reply)

Trevor Noah Get Death Threats For Interviewing Bill Gates / See Amazing Outfits Rocked By BBN Housemates During The Reunion (photos) / See Beautiful Photos Of Luchy Donalds With Yul Edochie, Frederick Leonard, Osita

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.