Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,328 members, 7,954,325 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:43 PM

Buhari’s Daughter In Self Isolation As First Lady Shuts Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Daughter In Self Isolation As First Lady Shuts Office (898 Views)

COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Goes Into Self-Isolation As His Close Aide Tests Positive / Osinbajo On Self-Isolation. Holds Video-Conference Call With Staff - The Sun / COVID-19: Fear Grips Osinbajo, Governors Over Bala Moham­med's Self-Isolation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Daughter In Self Isolation As First Lady Shuts Office by TheKingIsHere: 2:27pm On Mar 20, 2020
The daughter of President Muhammadu Buhari, who returned from the United Kingdom (UK) on Wednesday, has gone into self-isolation.

First Lady, Hajia Aisha Buhari, revealed this in a thread of tweets on her verified Tweeter handle, @aishambuhari.

The First Lady clarified that her daughter’s self-isolation was not because she had displayed any symptom identifiable with Coronavirus (COVID-19), but a safeguard measure.

The First Lady, who used the tweets to encourage Nigerians to be self-conscious and avoid exposure to the spiraling pandemic, said she had already shut her office down for two weeks.

The tweets read: “Good afternoon Nigerians, early today (Thursday) my daughter returned from the UK being among the high burden-listed countries of COVID-19.
“Based on the advice of the Hon. Minister of Health , Presidential Task force on COVID – 19 and that of NCDC (National Center for Disease Control), she is on self Isolation, not because she displayed any symptoms of COVID-19..

“Please, I urge all parents to do the same if possible as prevention is better than cure .

“Similarly, I have shut down my office for two weeks with immediate effect while essential staff can work from home as a result of some staff who recently returned from the UK .

“I commend the Northwest governors, Niger and Kwara state governments on preventive measures taken to curb the spread of COVID-19 at their security meeting yesterday in Kaduna.

“Let’s keep following the advice of the Federal Ministry of Health and the NCDC, which encourages maintaining social distancing and high hygiene culture through regular washing of hands with soaps and sanitisers.

“Let’s adopt preventive measures and ensure the safety of our families and that of general public.

“We will overcome the Covid-19 pandemic if we all take the necessary precautions at the same time.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/buharis-daughter-in-self-isolation-as-first-lady-shuts-office/

Lalasticlala Dominique

Re: Buhari’s Daughter In Self Isolation As First Lady Shuts Office by slimfit1(m): 2:32pm On Mar 20, 2020
Thank God at least now the threat is from his daughter. Infect your father it's the right thing to do. Many have died your father shows no care maybe it's time we don't care about your family too.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Daughter In Self Isolation As First Lady Shuts Office by Iyiataata92: 2:37pm On Mar 20, 2020
Baba won't like this news. He's 76 and the virus no dey play with people over 70 years old. He should leave Aso Villa for the girl and go to Daura for now Safety first
Re: Buhari’s Daughter In Self Isolation As First Lady Shuts Office by Babatunde40(m): 2:50pm On Mar 20, 2020
She self isolates with 30 security guards. Is that self isolation?
Re: Buhari’s Daughter In Self Isolation As First Lady Shuts Office by segebase(m): 3:02pm On Mar 20, 2020
I rather b isolated with this

Re: Buhari’s Daughter In Self Isolation As First Lady Shuts Office by TheKingIsHere: 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2020
More;

Re: Buhari’s Daughter In Self Isolation As First Lady Shuts Office by lilprinze: 3:26pm On Mar 20, 2020
Lies

(1) (Reply)

Those Celebrating Abba Kyari's Death Should Read These Two Hadith's. / Just In: Makinde Pays May Salary Hours To Eidil-fitr / We Gave APC Their Victory In 2015, We Will Destroy Them In 2023- Almajiris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.