Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Urgent Assistance Needed On 2006 Toyota Corolla - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Urgent Assistance Needed On 2006 Toyota Corolla (1411 Views)

Toyota Corolla 2009 Gear Issue, I Need Urgent Assistance / Corolla 2004: Urgent Assistance Needed! / Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Assistance Needed On 2006 Toyota Corolla by sheu01: 3:32pm On Mar 20, 2020
I need experience on this issue, the 2006 Toyota corolla I just bought from USA have single key and two remote but I don't know if d key is Master or Valet key, my reason is that the key couldn't open d door from driver side, could not open d trunk but can open d door from passenger side. If I used d key from passenger side alarm will blow continuously which I used one of d remote to stop it. Out of d two remote, one can start d car from far.
I'm presently using remote to open d door from driver side and if remote spoil what do u think will b solution or any advise on this. Pls gurus in the house over to u.

Re: Urgent Assistance Needed On 2006 Toyota Corolla by xrayj(m): 3:53pm On Mar 20, 2020
sheu01:
I need experience on this issue, the 2006 Toyota corolla I just bought from USA have single key and two remote but I don't know if d key is Master or Valet key, my reason is that the key couldn't open d door from driver side, could not open d trunk but can open d door from passenger side. If I used d key from passenger side alarm will blow continuously which I used one of d remote to stop it. Out of d two remote, one can start d car from far.
I'm presently using remote to open d door from driver side and if remote spoil what do u think will b solution or any advise on this. Pls gurus in the house over to u.
There are people into key programming, take it them. 2006 corolla key usually comes with a sensor
Re: Urgent Assistance Needed On 2006 Toyota Corolla by sheu01: 4:18pm On Mar 20, 2020
xrayj:

There are people into key programming, take it them. 2006 corolla key usually comes with a sensor

Thank you my bro for your response. Guru's in d house come online to assist your bro
Re: Urgent Assistance Needed On 2006 Toyota Corolla by sheu01: 6:54am On Mar 21, 2020
More advise pls
Re: Urgent Assistance Needed On 2006 Toyota Corolla by Alvin007: 7:05am On Mar 21, 2020
Well, from my own lil understanding...one of those remotes, is the OEM(stock/factory) key fob made for the car. While the other one is an aftermarket remote, which usually has a transponder connected underneath the dashboard. As someone pointed out already, the 2006 corolla key usually has a chip...it is the aftermarket remote that can start the car, and also alarms when you open the door from the passenger's side with the key.
If your key can start the car and open the passenger door...then I think you need to take a look at the locks on the driver's door and the trunk...they're are prolly stuck due to inactivity..
Ps; The OEM remote is basically for unlocking and locking the door, and also for 'panic' mode.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Assistance Needed On 2006 Toyota Corolla by sheu01: 10:06am On Mar 21, 2020
Alvin007:
Well, from my own lil understanding...one of those remotes, is the OEM(stock/factory) key fob made for the car. While the other one is an aftermarket remote, which usually has a transponder connected underneath the dashboard. As someone pointed out already, the 2006 corolla key usually has a chip...it is the aftermarket remote that can start the car, and also alarms when you open the door from the passenger's side with the key.
If your key can start the car and open the passenger door...then I think you need to take a look at the locks on the driver's door and the trunk...they're are prolly stuck due to inactivity..
Ps; The OEM remote is basically for unlocking and locking the door, and also for 'panic' mode.

Thank you my bro, what do u think will b d solution, shd I ignore open d door with key from driver side cos d key cannot turn at all from d driver side and d trunk, only remote that can open it, d wide remote start d car and can also stop d alarm in case I open from d passenger side and alarm blow up
Re: Urgent Assistance Needed On 2006 Toyota Corolla by kaziem(m): 10:35am On Mar 21, 2020
I believe your key is good, the problem may be that the door lock engines of the trunk and driver door are stiff or faulty (as someone already mentioned). A young smart panel beater should be able to fix this cheaply.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Assistance Needed On 2006 Toyota Corolla by Kingsoul1(m): 11:44am On Mar 21, 2020
sheu01:

Service the locks on the drivers door and the trunk as well..
Re: Urgent Assistance Needed On 2006 Toyota Corolla by sheu01: 11:46am On Mar 21, 2020
Kingsoul1:

Service the locks on the drivers door and the trunk as well..

Thank you for your response
Re: Urgent Assistance Needed On 2006 Toyota Corolla by sheu01: 11:46am On Mar 21, 2020
kaziem:
I believe your key is good, the problem may be that the door lock engines of the trunk and driver door are stiff or faulty (as someone already mentioned). A young smart panel beater should be able to fix this cheaply.

Thank you bro

(1) (Reply)

I Need To Replace My Car Speakers / By These, You Know That Atheists Are Obviously Evil People / How Good Is The Acura ZDX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.