Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,204 members, 7,811,546 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing (66151 Views)

Young Girl Dies Inside Plane From Sudan To Nigeria / The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London / Cows At Akure Airport Prevent Air Peace From Landing. Fayose, FFK React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by Martinola(m): 10:22am On Mar 21, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Despite all these scientists alarmists
And the foolish WHO
Still no coronaVirus in our cities
God pass coronaVirus
God pass scientists
And no, it's not because of hot weather

Thank You Lord, because you've not put us to shame for we put all of our trusts in you
so, Nigerians worship God more? Or do we commit least sin?
Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 21, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Many of the "experts" here on NL have no idea what they are talking about.

Well, blame the Internet. Almost any joker can post a comment on just about anything even to the extent of making a fo*l of himself.

Hahahahaha
Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by Slimranky(m): 10:24am On Mar 21, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Yeah. I saw a picture of that family and I noticed something about them. But I wouldn't want to say certain things here. But I might have an idea why the virus did a clean sweep on them.

Let me just seal up my lips. smiley

Hmmm what makes u think u know why the virus did a clean sweep on them??
Say your mind, none of that family members are on Nairaland
Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by Nairaboi(m): 10:25am On Mar 21, 2020
Eteka1:
Serious people yet they have 168 confirmed cases, on the other hand we have been able to keep ours very low at about 12 cases. You have an inferiority complex.
Ogbeni, e go soon clear for your eye. Don't be fooled by what you hear from the media. I am so so within the coming weeks the cases of corona virus in Nigeria will be massive. Na God dey help us for Nigeria because he known we lack ammenities that can help us. If corona explodes in Nigeria the way it has done it Italy, I swear within a month over 100 million people go die. Take that to the bank.
Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by YorubaKinging: 10:25am On Mar 21, 2020
When God killed the first born of the Egyptians and smite them with many plagues
Were the Israelites holier or commit less sins?
I hope I've answered your question
Martinola:
so, Nigerians worship God more? Or do we commit least sin?
Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by blowjohn(m): 10:26am On Mar 21, 2020
Slimranky:

They're naturally stubborn especially their kids since the law don't allow parents to hit them like African parents does when their kids err
These American kid's go haywire and do whatever they want....
E get one American woman I dey chat with her 17 years old daughter is already a mother
Her bf give am belle

grin grin grin
Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 21, 2020
ornicus:

The breakdown of civilization. If things get dire enough everyone will take the most dangerous steps to keep potential foreigners out. Today it’s a back water mayor, tomorrow an Air Force jet. Don’t you get it?

Oh, is that what you mean?

OK.

But all this was unnecessary. The Mayor was simply acting beyond his powers, man.

If he has any concerns, which I simply believe he does, then he should forward it to the central authorities and maybe try getting them to order the airspace around that region shutdown. You can't continue preventing planes from landing by blocking the runway with police vehicles. Who gave him such powers?

The central authorities can do a better job at that. They don't need police vehicles or armoured tanks to do that. It's as simple as declaring or enforcing an airspace blockade or restriction and not a single fly will be able to get in.

The Mayor was just being a joker there.

1 Like

Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by Hoodbilonia: 10:30am On Mar 21, 2020
The virus iz here
Hahahahahaha

Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by oxiide22(m): 10:31am On Mar 21, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Wow, the passengers just went for sky-seeing. Lol. But, will there be a refund?
u need French kiss
Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by Moety: 10:32am On Mar 21, 2020
Can't blame them. Nobody wants anything to do with Europe people at the moment.
Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by IamgratefulLord(f): 10:34am On Mar 21, 2020
Roon9:

After 3-4 years you may need to change them
Can it carry electrical appliances like fan and television. If yes, how long in a day? angry
Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by dangoteinlaw: 10:41am On Mar 21, 2020
trutht828:
A good pilot will still land successfully.
too much sci-fi movies has compromised ur brain

1 Like

Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 21, 2020
J111333:
How can a pilot land with no clearance from tower?
You think say airport na jibowu bus stop ni? undecided

Lol... He is talking in the rubbish... grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by Martinola(m): 10:42am On Mar 21, 2020
YorubaKinging:
When God killed the first born of the Egyptians and smite them with many plagues
Were the Israelites holier or commit less sins?
I hope I've answered your question
did u even read the Bible? God made wat happened to the Egyptians befall dem cos dey did something against 'his people' so, wat is d correlation btw d story u r bringing out and d issue at hand? or did d nations hit most by dis commit a sin d least affected countries did not commit?
Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by YorubaKinging: 10:43am On Mar 21, 2020
So isreal are God's people, that's why he's protecting them from coronaVirus today also

Martinola:
did u even read the Bible? God made wat happened to the Egyptians befall dem cos dey did something against 'his people' so, wat is d correlation btw d story u r bringing out and d issue at hand? or did d nations hit most by dis commit a sin d least affected countries did not commit?

1 Like

Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by deavicky(m): 10:44am On Mar 21, 2020
trutht828:
plan na bicycle abi?

1 Like

Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by HMarshal(m): 10:44am On Mar 21, 2020
trutht828:

You are a pilot I assume ? & All those hitting the like button for ur comment?
Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by Dididrumz(m): 10:48am On Mar 21, 2020
Auxtin85:
The virus has devastated the world. Been sneezing since 2 days no cough, no pain and no high temperature. But look like am breathing in dry oxygen. I feel pains inside my nose.

I just hope it’s normal cos I won’t go for a test at all

Atleast try and see a pharmacist

1 Like

Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by Torino234: 10:49am On Mar 21, 2020
Nor be lie

You watch too much American movies. [/quote]
Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by petitejolie(f): 10:49am On Mar 21, 2020
Is it by force to land. This oyibo people are behaving like fulanis. They banned u guys u still coming with strong head. Trump has told dem to stay back and dose outside should return but dem more hear
Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by mordred44: 10:49am On Mar 21, 2020
Dis COVID 19 is tryin to turn every country to enemy of dia own
Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by ShenTeh(m): 10:51am On Mar 21, 2020
J111333:

If they relied solely on obedience to 'clearance from tower', my guess is they wouldn't resort to this desprate measure.

1 Like

Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by Adex2442: 10:52am On Mar 21, 2020
Auxtin85:
The virus has devastated the world. Been sneezing since 2 days no cough, no pain and no high temperature. But look like am breathing in dry oxygen. I feel pains inside my nose.

I just hope it’s normal cos I won’t go for a test at all

Have u had any contact with a traveler

1 Like

Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by tunary(m): 10:54am On Mar 21, 2020
trutht828:
Film is different from reality. you are not wiser than the police men blocking the roads. no pilot can land successfully without hitting something

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by Comedian2019: 10:54am On Mar 21, 2020
Eteka1:
Serious people yet they have 168 confirmed cases, on the other hand we have been able to keep ours very low at about 12 cases. You have an inferiority complex.
People like you will rather wait till we have 168 cases before you act. I'm not surprised why Nigeria is where it is today.
That's why you need to get education.
Tourism is a major revenue source for Ecuador. Imagine how many people (tourists) flock into the country from Europe and the Americas. So they are more exposed. Reason for the high number if cases.

Don't wait till we have 168 confirmed cases, else we all perish in Nigeria.
Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by ajl: 10:55am On Mar 21, 2020
This is stupid and extremely unsafe.
Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by Stanley1155: 10:55am On Mar 21, 2020
How the good pilot wan take land.abi e go just appear with the plane at one spot on the runway.Broda is called a runway for a reason.
Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by Onlyonebuhari: 10:56am On Mar 21, 2020
OgunLaakaye:
Way to go!

Not the Buhari and Trump approach.

Nigeria remain the best country in the world that has handled the virus issue perfectly.
Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by dfrost: 10:58am On Mar 21, 2020
J111333:

cheesy

This one off me. grin

1 Like

Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by RaptorX: 10:59am On Mar 21, 2020
braveboy64:
So where do they expect the plane to go.
Common sense isn't common
Back to where it came from.
Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by Kevinsamba: 11:00am On Mar 21, 2020
Depends on how far the runway was blocked
Any pilot landing in this kind of scenerio is heading for disaster, skill not withstanding.
trutht828:
Re: Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing by 1Hover1(m): 11:02am On Mar 21, 2020
Kingspin:

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8130183/Police-Ecuador-BLOCKADE-runway-stop-Spanish-Dutch-jets-landing.html

Watch the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdsbltiTXjU

But the video shows a helicopter (precisely a Robinson R44) flying above them and not a plane.
If they wanted to prevent a plane from landing they would have infomed the aircraft a long time ago. Not when the aircraft is approaching to land. In fact it will be against aviation rules to prevent an aircraft from landing when it's on final approach without any concrete reason. This is not a ship that you can suspend at sea for days/weeks... The aircraft has limited fuel on board.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lockdown: I Went Around Lagos (pics, Video) / There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why / The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.