Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:01 AM

Google Search Is Overrated; Try Duckduckgo.com - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Google Search Is Overrated; Try Duckduckgo.com (1017 Views)

Bing Search Is Better Than Google Search By Far. / Premium Stock Images? Stock Videos? Stock Audio Files? Your Search Is Over! / Haven't Submit Your Website To Duckduckgo Yet ( Here Is The Article That Help) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Search Is Overrated; Try Duckduckgo.com by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 21, 2020
Tried searching for "reasons why remove work is challenging" and Google results was a boat-load of craps! And I decided to try DuckDuckGo.com and viola, I got the right answers!

Isn't Google living on old glory; it's time to move over to Duck.com smiley

1 Like

Re: Google Search Is Overrated; Try Duckduckgo.com by emae009(m): 9:52am On Mar 21, 2020
DuckDuckGo is only better in terms of privacy... they don't track your data other than that Google is still the best.
PS: I've been using DuckDuckGo for more than a year now

1 Like

Re: Google Search Is Overrated; Try Duckduckgo.com by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 21, 2020
emae009:
DuckDuckGo is only better in terms of privacy... they don't track your data other than that Google is still the best.
PS: I've been using DuckDuckGo for more than a year now

Try searching for "reasons why remove work is challenging" on both search engines and compare the results! smiley
Re: Google Search Is Overrated; Try Duckduckgo.com by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 21, 2020
Google is only better on paper!
Re: Google Search Is Overrated; Try Duckduckgo.com by Ayemileto(m): 7:29pm On Mar 21, 2020
questechie:
Google is only better on paper!

Lol.

There was a time DuckDuckGo was the default search engine on all my browsers, including Google Chrome, Google Chrome Canary and others.

You see, there are times I had to go back to Google after being unable to get a good result on DuckDuckGo.

The fact that you searched for a sentence on Google and DuckDuckGo and you get favourable result on DuckDuckGo and nonsense on Google does not mean Google is only better on paper.

Things goes both ways, there are times you'll use Google and will need to return to DuckDuckGo and there are times you'll use DuckDuckGo and go back to Google.

Use DuckDuckGo for a year and let's see if you won't return to Google at one point or the other to get better results.

1 Like

Re: Google Search Is Overrated; Try Duckduckgo.com by Ayemileto(m): 7:34pm On Mar 21, 2020
Plus is it because you searched for a single sentence on Google but got better results on DuckDuckGo that you created this tread?

Perhaps, you don't know that DuckDuckGo index pages from Google and Bing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Search Is Overrated; Try Duckduckgo.com by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 21, 2020
Ayemileto:
Plus is it because you searched for a single sentence on Google but got better results on DuckDuckGo that you created this tread?

Perhaps, you don't know that DuckDuckGo index pages from Google and Bing.
From Bing, Yes! But even at that, DuckDuckGo still does present the results different from Bing!
Re: Google Search Is Overrated; Try Duckduckgo.com by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 21, 2020
Ayemileto:

Lol.

There was a time DuckDuckGo was the default search engine on all my browsers, including Google Chrome, Google Chrome Canary and others.

You see, there are times I had to go back to Google after being unable to get a good result on DuckDuckGo.

The fact that you searched for a sentence on Google and DuckDuckGo and you get favourable result on DuckDuckGo and nonsense on Google does not mean Google is only better on paper.

Things goes both ways, there are times you'll use Google and will need to return to DuckDuckGo and there are times you'll use DuckDuckGo and go back to Google.

Use DuckDuckGo for a year and let's see if you won't return to Google at one point or the other to get better results.
I think the incessant algo updates on Google, atimes result to excess craps on SERP! cool
Re: Google Search Is Overrated; Try Duckduckgo.com by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 22, 2020
Ayemileto:

All join! But mostly, if you are a webmaster and frustrated by Google's incessant algo update, you'll understand where I am going! cool
Re: Google Search Is Overrated; Try Duckduckgo.com by RuggedSniper: 4:31pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ayemileto:

Lol.

Re: Google Search Is Overrated; Try Duckduckgo.com by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 24, 2020
questechie:

All join! But mostly, if you are a webmaster and frustrated by Google's incessant algo update, you'll understand where I am going! cool

(1) (Reply)

I Need Binary Options Trading Complete Package Script / Recharge Card Printing API / Let's Learn This Once And For All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.