Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,515 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days (42513 Views)

Mixed Reaction Trail FG's Choice Of Ethiopian Airlines As National Carrier / Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 / China Completes It's £9 Billion Mega Airport In Beijing After 4 Years (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by Farki: 11:19am On Mar 21, 2020
It's better than having passengers and staff dying of disease, they should just hear with the government for now. Just hope the losses aren't too great for them.
Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by Jaqenhghar: 11:23am On Mar 21, 2020
See them chattering as if the airlines were making one serious money from flying the Niggerian route

3 Likes

Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by idonhammer: 11:24am On Mar 21, 2020
In a few days or in one hour time...Yeye gunment
Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by paschalmezie(m): 11:24am On Mar 21, 2020
Hello Guys!

Good day and Trust You Had a Restful Night.

Now, This Is The Hardcore Truth About Elect Energy Nig. Ltd.

Unlike Other Dealers, We Don't Just Supply #Diesel Fuel, #AGO, to You & Place Your Health At Risk.

That's Why We Will Educate & Enlighten You With The Right Health Tips While Feeding Your Diesel Engines or Generators With Their High-Quality Diesel Products At Best-in-Industry's Price.

So, Below Is a Resourceful Material For Your Consumption on How Diesel Fuel Exhaust Exposure Can Affect Your Health.

Relax, Read & Stay Healthier.

https://www.electenergyng.com/blog/how-can-diesel-fuel-exhaust-exposure-affect-your-health/
Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by Okoroawusa: 11:25am On Mar 21, 2020
DenreleDave:
Ethiopian Airlines, Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways, AirFrance, KLM, Delta Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, South African Airways, Kenyan Airways, Rwandair, Turkish Airlines, Egypt Air, Royal Air Maroc and Africa World Airlines .

So smaller Africans countries get national air plane and buhari is yet to give us one..

Chai, we have suffered in buhari's hand ooooooo

God save us from fulani herdmen...

And those that voted buhari, those wey no vote but supported and chanted his name and those That voted another person

We are in this mess together
Which one did Obasanjo, Yar'Adua n Jonathan give us?

Siri nsi nsi si ebea pua!

1 Like

Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by danielb001: 11:26am On Mar 21, 2020
Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I’ve truly loved browsing your blog posts. Massachusetts Health Insurance
Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:29am On Mar 21, 2020
What to note about the coronavirus:

1. Symptoms are mostly mild, and like all most viruses, your immune system can deal with it all by itself.

2. However, for the elderly people, especially above 80, symptoms are always severe due to weakened immune systems.

3. Among the vulnerable populations of elderly people, there are more male fatalities than females.

4. Face masks cannot protect you.

5. Social distancing cannot totally cover you, but can reduce the likelihood of you contracting the virus.

6. Self-isolation is the safest way of dealing with the virus.

7. (This is not peer-reviewed, and the sample size was small): People with the O blood group are less susceptible to coronavirus. However, like I mentioned above, this study has not been peer-reviewed, and so we cannot be sure that the result will be consistent. Moreover, the sample size was small, less than 3000 for a population size of over 5 billion.

8. The coronavirus thrives even in warmer weather contrary to the original belief that it can't thrive in warmer weather. However, this may also not be sufficient enough, and may be dependent on extraneous variables.

1 Like

Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by dazzlingd(m): 11:32am On Mar 21, 2020
Lobatan
Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by armadeo(m): 11:34am On Mar 21, 2020
Jaqenhghar:
See them chattering as if the airlines were making one serious money from flying the Niggerian route

You have no idea.

Many of these international airlines make money by co transporting. E.g Etihad takes you from your country to Addis ababa then onward to your destination. That's why you always have to go to thier countries first.

They will use so much money that it will take the grace of God to recover.

I support the shut down too.
Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by armadeo(m): 11:37am On Mar 21, 2020
danielb001:
Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I’ve truly loved browsing your blog posts. Massachusetts Health Insurance

Lol. The hustle for clicks is real. You try well well.

We ain't falling for this ever.

1 Like

Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by vioment: 11:45am On Mar 21, 2020
My dream,

That Naijans come out with the best solution to save the world very soon during this historic pandemic.

That the world begin to realize that Naijans are great people due to our local and world actions;
Honestly naija people are very great people is just that our energy is directed and focused on the evil and ignorant things.

In the book of revelation in the bible, there are predictions about various types of dooms. The one part I hang my faith on, is that, people were given the mercy of God to change many of those dooms and glooms to praise and joy.

A safe, minor to no effect, simple drug or habit formula that can pass any scientific or common sense scrutiny.

100 to 200 years acknowledgement for that organization or country.

That seems like a Naija league to me.
Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by olumide4christ: 11:57am On Mar 21, 2020
fairfora:
They haven't been closed oooooh. As at yesterday, trapped Americans all over Europe have been flooding Nigeria after they heard that delta airline still operates Nigeria-ATL routes. They've been applying for transit visa to Nigeria to enable them fly delta home. I just pity this country for the kind of inept leaders we have.

Who will issue them the transit visas to Nigeria? No Nigerian Visa is being issued to Nationals of the restricted countries.
Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by Jaqenhghar: 11:59am On Mar 21, 2020
armadeo:

You have no idea.

Many of these international airlines make money by co transporting. E.g Etihad takes you from your country to Addis ababa then onward to your destination. That's why you always have to go to thier countries first.

They will use so much money that it will take the grace of God to recover.
I support the shut down too.

Whats this one saying? We are talking one country he is talking another.
They will use so much money you think they run their airlines the way you people run your government? SMH

1 Like

Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by backnbeta(f): 12:02pm On Mar 21, 2020
They had to wait for their children and girlfriends to come in first before locking up... selfish, wicked louts undecided

1 Like

Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by mvem(m): 12:10pm On Mar 21, 2020
BLESSICA:
This government is a big joke, measure they should have taken long time back. Imagine a president yet to address the public on the pandemic, well like many people suggested...maybe our dear president is still learning how to pronounce the virus, maybe na true shaa becos some say na colonial vilus, some say na colodia drivus, while some dey even reason wether na corrola whatever.

My dear country is a big comedy, e don fold up, e need better ironing with starch. Imagine a country were dem use millions take feed horses wey patrol during election, chaii no wonder no matter how argument too much, u can never draw a conclusion until you hear from the HORSE'S MOUTH, I no go blame the horse shaa e don belle full. Yankee govt dey give dem citizens 1k$ plus, but our own dey remove 20naira from fuel without even calling a meeting with marketers. Omoh las las e be like na the food wen dem been promise the poor people dem go finally serve everybody cos me I believe say the food go don done by now nah.

#StaySafe
#washyourhands
#sanitizeyourself.
Pray for the world and ask God for forgiveness!!!

PEACE OUT!!!!
so you think we have the money to give everyone $1k which is about #350,000...you comparing US economy the biggest in the world with ours

2 Likes

Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by bionixs: 12:15pm On Mar 21, 2020
Yenefer:
"The frost performs it's secret ministry unhelp by any hand". Who cares? Let them shut off the country it's already on it's last breath gasping for another. We need to stop Nigeria and start another country, the truth is we don't like each other, we hated each other with passion. This colony created by the British.. is the most stupidest colony
was same British colony when every region voted Yaradua. question is, at what point did we miss it. 5% and 95% thing coming from an ancestor who should be uniting the nation. what do you expect
Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by 12inchess: 12:16pm On Mar 21, 2020
LordAzubuike:
This virus is overhyped in Nigeria. Yet the clueless government is shutting down economic activities.
. See you. I'm sure you don't know what you're talking about. There are only 5 testing facilities in Nigeria, 4 of which are in the SW and one in Abuja. The govt is just wasting time. BUHARI'S govt has never been responsible anyway. They should have restricted all flights by now tk include only essential travel. Do you think we have capacity to deal with an out break? Do our hospitals even have respirators or Oxygen? Even to test someone sick in the Eastern or Northern region, do you know there is not test site in the Easter or Northern region. To get the test result back may probably take a week or more.

2 Likes

Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by Ishilove: 12:19pm On Mar 21, 2020
Shit is about to get real embarassed

Fvck!
Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by Originalsly: 12:25pm On Mar 21, 2020
What's the point in closing some of the airports to international flights and not all? It's for the FG to ban flights from certain countries.... such as Italy..... or flights from all countries. Italy is a high risk country..... but this ruling will still allow flights to bring passengers from Italy.... but just that they will not arrive in Abuja. Wouldn't the passengers still be in Nigeria?... and wouldn't they not fly locally to Abuja?... so what sense does this ruling make?
Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by megley(f): 12:40pm On Mar 21, 2020
If you see the way Chinese people trooped into the airport yesterday, and on Thursday, I was afraid to breathe

The sight of them just creeps me out.
What's wrong with this country and the leaders gaan??

2 Likes

Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:48pm On Mar 21, 2020
megley:
If you see the way Chinese people trooped into the airport yesterday, and on Thursday, I was afraid to breathe

The sight of them just creeps me out.
What's wrong with this country and the leaders gaan??

Something must be very good with the Nigerian air, if not this would have turned really nasty.

They keep admitting everyone, even from high risk countries, and when they test them, and get a negative result, they let them go. Just like that!

No one has told them how viruses work.

With the way things are, only God can protect this country because we are not being protected at all.
Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by mailemy(m): 12:52pm On Mar 21, 2020
Shut up my friend. You people complain over everything,as if you will do more better. How about other countries that were affected. You should commend Naija for trying to keep the spread of the virus very low.
ignis:
Let them keep procrastinating until the virus spreads all over Nigeria.
If they have done this long ago, the Italian guy and others would not have come into Nigeria with Corona Virus.

Confused set of people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:54pm On Mar 21, 2020
Originalsly:
What's the point in closing some of the airports to international flights and not all? It's for the FG to ban flights from certain countries.... such as Italy..... or flights from all countries. Italy is a high risk country..... but this ruling will still allow flights to bring passengers from Italy.... but just that they will not arrive in Abuja. Wouldn't the passengers still be in Nigeria?... and wouldn't they not fly locally to Abuja?... so what sense does this ruling make?

It makes no sense.

I also heard that our minister of health was keeping some test results confidential. What is bad about revealing test results and the name of the case so that those who may have had even the slightest contact with them can self-isolate until they get better?

Moreover, people coming from high risk countries who test negative upon arrival in Nigeria should still be isolated, rather than allowing them join the population.

The only thing keeping this country safe is what no one knows. Because with our carelessness and nonchalance, the coronavirus should have been wrecking havoc already.

1 Like

Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by fashrola(m): 12:55pm On Mar 21, 2020
I think the FG is suppressing the news of the virus in Nigeria.... They need to tell us the real truth!!

2 Likes

Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by ignis: 12:59pm On Mar 21, 2020
mailemy:
Shut up my friend. You people complain over everything,as if you will do more better. How about other countries that were affected. You should commend Naija for trying to keep the spread of the virus very low.

Please what are you saying ?
Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by Originalsly: 1:01pm On Mar 21, 2020
BluntTheApostle:
What to note about the coronavirus:

1. Symptoms are mostly mild, and like all most viruses, your immune system can deal with it all by itself.

2. However, for the elderly people, especially above 80, symptoms are always severe due to weakened immune systems.

3. Among the vulnerable populations of elderly people, there are more male fatalities than females.

4. Face masks cannot protect you.

5. Social distancing cannot totally cover you, but can reduce the likelihood of you contracting the virus.

6. Self-isolation is the safest way of dealing with the virus.

7. (This is not peer-reviewed, and the sample size was small): People with the O blood group are less susceptible to coronavirus. However, like I mentioned above, this study has not been peer-reviewed, and so we cannot be sure that the result will be consistent. Moreover, the sample size was small, less than 3000 for a population size of over 5 billion.

8. The coronavirus thrives even in warmer weather contrary to the original belief that it can't thrive in warmer weather. However, this may also not be sufficient enough, and may be dependent on extraneous variables.

Very informative. People need to take this virus very seriously. Most Italian deaths were people over 80 years old. If pretty young and healthy.... no respiratory problems... your immune system should be good enough to fight off the virus. But what about taking it home and sharing it to your parents and the elderly? The virus can live outside a body for days.... especially plastic and metal.... the reason why it is sooo contagious.... the reason why isolation is the only effective method to contain it. Almost anything we touch.... door handles.... pure water sacks.... anything... is likely to be contaminated. People have the virus for up to 5 days... no listed symptom period.... but tested positive.... and been unknowingly spreading the virus. Symptoms show up late or not at all. Believe it or not.... it is widespread in Nigeria. New York City had only 11 cases..... samples had to be sent to the CDC lab for testing..... testing kits became available and testing sites set up.... as of today... 8 500 have tested positive. The city is now under lock down..... all stores... malls... liquor stores.... non essential offices and businesses ... mandatory shut down.... buses... subway... running almost empty.... as of Monday... buses free... back door entry and exit only... not going to come close to the driver. Let us not bury our heads in the sand.... think about you... yourself... contracting the virus... and spreading it to the ones close to you... who may not be able to fight it off.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by uvie66: 1:04pm On Mar 21, 2020
Mizwisdom:
And so what? life of people is more valuable than profit making, let them stay in their country for now
Nonsense talk, the Man that does not make profit will still die because of depression and high blood pressure, a consequence of his inability to pay his bills and put food on the table for his family.
Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by uvie66: 1:09pm On Mar 21, 2020
Iyiataata92:

You're a Nigerian because your father and mother are Nigerians
I weakooo... which country you wan claim with your Strong Nigerian accent.
Re: Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days by Emma1Oj(m): 1:10pm On Mar 21, 2020
Mizwisdom:
And so what? life of people is more valuable than profit making, let them stay in their country for now
c as u talk am as if dem say make u come u no go run go..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? / Lagos Ferry To Start Operations In November - See What The Ferries Look Like / Would Governor Sanwo-olu Continue This Project Started By Ambode? (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.