Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,172 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

The Life Of Lamido Sannusi Nigeria Forgets - Basil Okoh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Life Of Lamido Sannusi Nigeria Forgets - Basil Okoh (990 Views)

Profile Of Lamido Yuguda, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member / Tinubu Congratulates New CAN President, Daniel Okoh / Thousands Follow Atiku To The Palace Of Lamido Of Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Life Of Lamido Sannusi Nigeria Forgets - Basil Okoh by meavox: 10:31am On Mar 21, 2020
THE LIFE OF LAMIDO SANNUSI NIGERIA FORGETS.
Basil Okoh

Its always amusing how little of Northern Nigeria our Southern pundits know. There’s so much showboating in their unceasing pontifications on the politics of the North. They analyze the North on their own assumed terms and on the political dynamics of Southern Nigeria.

The all knowing pundits have given the responsibility for the unpopular removal of Emir Lamido Sannusi to Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje. This is naïve and lacks any understanding of the underlying politics of Islamic Northern Nigeria.

Governor Ganduje has no power or gumption of his own to remove the emir of Kano. He cannot dare. The removal of Emir Lamido Sannusi is the outcome of a collective agreement of the Sultan and the entire emirate system in consultation with the Presidency in Abuja. If such agreement with the emirate system is not secured, Lamido Sannusi will still be emir of Kano today.

If the Sultan of Sokoto, other brother emirs (all emirs in Northern Nigeria are related by blood) and President Buhari didn’t have a hand in it, Governor Ganduje would not dare to pronounce the removal of Lamido Sannusi. Otherwise, Kabuga to Kofa Mata and on to the hills of Dutse will be on fire.

Kano is the biggest,richest and most important emirate in Northern Nigeria. It has always been. Kano was a thriving commercial city, dominant in trade with the Maghreb long before Usman dan Fodio's Islamic revolution in 1804. Kano remains today, the most dominant and important city in Northern Nigeria. Cosmopolitan, Cacophonic, raw with scenic beauty in some areas, Kano is the jewel in the crown of northern business and politics.

In spite of whatever is happening today, Lamido Sannusi proved himself “worthy” and earned the title of emir of Kano by his own efforts. What many southerners do not know is that Lamido Sannusi is one of the most knowledgeable Islamic scholars in his own rights and is the head of the Wahabbi Islamic group and in fact the head of the entire Sufi in West Africa. And he earned it as a fully qualified Shari'a jurist from the International University in Sudan and another tryst in Cairo, Egypt.

The Wahabbi are the purist Islamic movement which started in Yemen and moved to Saudi Arabia to seize power and form the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Wahabbism is the religion of the House of Saud, the dominant and ruling power in Saudi Arabia.

Lamido Sannusi earned his entry into the power equation in Northern Nigeria by co-ordinating the killing of an Igbo “infidel” Gideon Akaluka, snatched from a prison cell for “desecrating” the Koran. He gained recognition for that and the Northern conservative establishment recalled that he was the grandson of deposed Emir Sannusi of Kano. He was put under the protection of the then Sultan Dasuki for two years in Sokoto and left after the Sultan himself was deposed.

He was thereafter taken as a protégé of Alhaji Umaru AbdulMutallab the northern doyen of banking. Yes the same Mutallab whose son Umar Farouk AbdulMutallab was caught trying to blow up a plane in the skies of the USA after a jihadi training in Yemen.

The rich self effacing banker Umaru AbdulMutallab has proven himself to be a steady sponsor of the Jihadi cause in Nigeria. The same Lamido Sannusi was to reward Umaru Mutallab for bringing him into banking by awarding Mutallab with a banking license for Jaiz Islamic Bank, against the rules of bank licensing at the time.

Jaiz Islamic Bank has since become a major player in providing financing for the Federal Government through the Islamic Banks. With the Sukkuk and other instruments from Islamic banking, Jaiz bank has become the bank of first patronage of the Buhari regime.

As Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Lamido Sannusi became the biggest sponsor of Islamic extremism and terrorism in Nigeria. Every security institution in Nigeria and the world know about Lamido Sannusi’s activities with terror groups during his tenure as Governor of the CBN.

His time as Governor of the CBN coincided with the period of the biggest military surge from Boko Haram Forces in the Northeast and the expansion of terrorism to Abuja and the middle belt.

There was massive acquisition of weapons from the remnant forces in Libya and particularly from Government sources in Sudan. Sudan is second home to Lamido Sannusi. Boko Haram Forces was assertive with hundreds of brand new Toyota Hilux pick-up vehicles, many mounted with RPG guns and other automatic guns brought into Nigeria through the Republic of Sudan.

Lamido Sannusi was determined and still is, for an Islamic conquest of Southern Nigeria which first step at the time was to remove the “infidel” Southern Christian president, Goodluck Jonathan.

Beyond the sponsorship of Islamic terror, Lamido Sannusi was moving unbudgeted funds to Northern higher educational institutions and investments. Hundreds of Billions of Nigerian naira were given away to northern universities, polytechnics and other private facilities.

In obedience to the northern philosophy that “any way you can move Nigerian money to the north is legal and acceptable”, Lamido Sannusi did move Nigerian naira to the North of Nigeria without question.

The removal of Lamido Sannusi is the move of the northern establishment and not that of Governor Ganduje. But the removal of Lamido Sannusi does not mean the end of Lamido Sannusi in the Nigerian public life.

The Northern conservative establishment will never forget one of their own, no matter how subversive he became. This is not the end of Lamido Sannusi. Everyone should stay tuned. @basilokoh.

SOURCE:
https://web.facebook.com/basil.okoh/posts/10222406652139342

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life Of Lamido Sannusi Nigeria Forgets - Basil Okoh by Yenefer(f): 10:39am On Mar 21, 2020
sad
Re: The Life Of Lamido Sannusi Nigeria Forgets - Basil Okoh by Osezzua(m): 10:49am On Mar 21, 2020
following
Re: The Life Of Lamido Sannusi Nigeria Forgets - Basil Okoh by Simplyleo: 11:09am On Mar 21, 2020
What I know is that Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is now an ex emir.

Ipob miscreants can now appoint him as assistant god.
Re: The Life Of Lamido Sannusi Nigeria Forgets - Basil Okoh by GreyLaw(m): 2:41pm On Mar 21, 2020
Simplyleo:
What I know is that Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is now an ex emir.

Ipob miscreants can now appoint him as assistant god.

I used to think you were a knowledgeable adult, only to see you the other day asking questions upon questions about the meaning of exclusive and concurrent here on Nairaland. I pity your life.

Go and be a sane human. Learn to be calm and calculated. Living here on Nairaland and insulting everybody under the face of the Sun, will not help you. This is a heartfelt advice.

2 Likes

Re: The Life Of Lamido Sannusi Nigeria Forgets - Basil Okoh by Simplyleo: 3:08pm On Mar 21, 2020
[s]
GreyLaw:

I used to think you were a knowledgeable adult, only to see you the other day asking questions upon questions about the meaning of exclusive and concurrent here on Nairaland. I pity your life.

Go and be a sane human. Learn to be calm and calculated. Living here on Nairaland and insulting everybody under the face of the Sun, will not help you. This is a heartfelt advice.
[/s]
Yes, I did asked the meaning of the terms because I didn't understand. How and when asking questions now equates to lack of knowledge is what I can't still wrap my head around. Indeed, what I know is that only fools fail to ask questions for clarity.

Having said that, what I still can't understand is how my affairs or activities on nairaland affects your existence to a point that you have my username stored in your memory. Fyi, I don't give a Bleep about beings of little or no consequences to me. And on this note, I will like to inform you that I'm not even aware of the existence of this username, let alone its useless activities.

Lastly, get the heck outta my mention as this is the last privilege of responding to the inconsequential rubbish you threw into my mention.
Re: The Life Of Lamido Sannusi Nigeria Forgets - Basil Okoh by AisonShain(f): 5:35pm On Mar 21, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:
[s]
Yes, I did asked the meaning of the terms because I didn't understand. How and when asking questions now equates to lack of knowledge is what I can't still wrap my head around. Indeed, what I know is that only fools fail to ask questions for clarity.

Having said that, what I still can't understand is how my affairs or activities on nairaland affects your existence to a point that you have my username stored in your memory. Fyi, I don't give a Bleep about beings of little or no consequences to me. And on this note, I will like to inform you that I'm not even aware of the existence of this username, let alone its useless activities.

Lastly, get the heck outta my mention as this is the last privilege of responding to the inconsequential rubbish you threw into my mention.
[/s]

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Vice President Osinbajo Sidelined Out Of Coronavirus / See The Massive Crowd Around A Truck Sharing Bags Of Rice (video) / 2023 Presidency: South East Should Beg Other Zones - Uche Nwosu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.