Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

The Best Education I Received In 2010 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Best Education I Received In 2010 (525 Views)

Best Education Here With Affordable Price Dont Wait For Jamb / Admission Without Jamb, The Best Education: Iv Got It All / What Country Provides The Best Education In West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Education I Received In 2010 by loveJoyce: 10:37am On Dec 26, 2010
How could I thank Micmorgan for recommending this book. Reading it during a week-long vacation in London this Xmas, i was floored. Like a typical mafia type of novel, it also contains some detailed and intriguing accounts of human greed and callousness ? Yes, I read how financial information we left with major organizations, shops and supermarkets flows to these destructive syndicates, Absolutely disturbing ! written with a charming, self-effacing style and a warm British sense of humor, Can’t believe it was written by a Nigerian. In fact sounds like a combination of Achebe’s and Soyinka narratives with lots of true life stories and events . Read it you will be wiser . Remains the best novel I have read to date. Think the best thing that has happened to naira land is freedom to recommend important books to those who like to read.

Here’s just two Quotes I love from the novel. ”If rich nations allowed their wealth to isolate them in their world of opulence and fail to see poverty exists elsewhere, if they do nothing about the frustration and hunger in Africa, or fail to address the structural inequalities in the world, then the entire world will never know real peace.”
“As long as the western nations drinks tea in one country, looking down on the rest of the world and laughing at their naivety and backwardness, the world’s problem will only escalate”. Got it at www.african-mafia.com

Fellow compatriots as we celebrate this Xmas, may Jesus Christ de Prince of peace envelop U all with peace and joy which Him alone can give. Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year.
Re: The Best Education I Received In 2010 by WAECOFFICE: 10:52am On Dec 26, 2010
The Head of National Office (HNO) of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), Mr Iyi Uwadiae, said at a news conference on Thursday in Lagos that 62,295 (20.04 per cent) of the candidates passed with English language and Mathematics.

According to him, a total of 324,998 candidates registered for the examination out of which 310,077 comprising 168, 835 males and 141,242 females sat for it.

Statistics showed that 250,487 candidates representing 80.78 per cent had two credits and above; 217,161 candidates (70.03 per cent) had three credits and above while 180, 480 (58.20 per cent) had four credits and above.

The results also revealed that 141,167 candidates (45.52 per cent) obtained five credits and above while 99, 750 candidates obtained six credits and above.

According to the HNO, a total of 133,507 candidates obtained credit and above in English language while 151, 569 candidates (48.88 per cent) obtained credit and above in Mathematics.

However, the results of 51,876 candidates, representing 16.73 per cent were being withheld based on various reports of their involvement in examination malpractice.

Commenting on the poor results, which had gone progressively worse in the last three years, Uwadiae attributed it to lack of quality teachers and infrastructure in various schools.

He stated that the results had fluctuated from 23 per cent pass in 2008; 21 per cent in 2009 and 20 per cent in 2010. He called on teachers and students to pay more attention to the use of WAEC syllabus, saying it could go a long way towards improving subsequent results.

Uwadiae said that unless the students, parents and teachers changed from their habit of cheating during examination, more candidates would continue to fail.

He said that 15,567 candidates still had their results being processed because of various anomalies, adding that errors were committed during the registration and actual conduct of the examination.

(1) (Reply)

Jamb (utme 2011) Registration - With Fingerprint Scanner / Bobcock Students Help / Part-time Job Opportunities For Students And Job Seekers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.