Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Emir Of Daura, Residents Hold Special Prayer Against Coronavirus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Of Daura, Residents Hold Special Prayer Against Coronavirus (636 Views)

Borno Residents Hold One-Million-Man March For Atiku, Burn Brooms (Pictures) / Daura Residents File Out To Greet President Buhari As He Treks To His Home / Daura Residents To Buhari: "We Only Have Light When You Are Around" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir Of Daura, Residents Hold Special Prayer Against Coronavirus by sarrki(m): 7:17pm On Mar 21, 2020
The Emir of Daura, Alhaji Umar Farouq on Saturday led residents of Daura town in a special prayer against the new, deadly coronavirus pandemic.

The 84-year-old Emir, during the prayer session held at the foreground of his palace, asked residents to see the horrific virus as a test from the Almighty Allah and intensify prayers against the outbreak, along with other untimely death-related diseases.

The Emir, while describing the outbreak as deadliest than Boko Haram, believes that if it persists, in the next two months everyone will find his way into begging.

He, however, directed all Qur’anic school teachers and clerics of all sects to immediately shut down their respective centers in strict compliance with the state government’s policy.

“It’s unfortunate that Saudi authority has suspended both lesser and annual hajj pilgrimage in fear of the outbreak,” Umar added.

Nigeria currently has 12 confirmed cases of the new coronavirus which has infected more than 250,000 people across the world and killed over 10,000.

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/03/21/emir-of-daura-residents-hold-special-prayer-against-coronavirus/

1 Share

Re: Emir Of Daura, Residents Hold Special Prayer Against Coronavirus by Babzrockman: 7:18pm On Mar 21, 2020
Nice one. Like play like play, this virus is spreading gradually in Nigeria. May God almighty protect us and put an end to this global pandemic
Re: Emir Of Daura, Residents Hold Special Prayer Against Coronavirus by sarrki(m): 7:19pm On Mar 21, 2020
Lalasticlala

Please educate our people that it’s not about prayer

It’s about self distancing which they are ignorant of like the prayer session they held

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Daura, Residents Hold Special Prayer Against Coronavirus by sarrki(m): 7:19pm On Mar 21, 2020
Babzrockman:
Nice one.

?

Are you for real ?

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Daura, Residents Hold Special Prayer Against Coronavirus by cRobo: 7:23pm On Mar 21, 2020
Nigeria stand no chance against this virus.......

But Northern Nigeria.....

I won't say a word
Re: Emir Of Daura, Residents Hold Special Prayer Against Coronavirus by DCmonster: 7:24pm On Mar 21, 2020
Lol! All this head slammers are really deluded. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Daura, Residents Hold Special Prayer Against Coronavirus by meum: 7:26pm On Mar 21, 2020
Na only Dem Sabi pray. Tell these people to avoid unnecessary gathering. Pray in your houses if you must pray.
All we do is pray, meanwhile nothing to show.

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Daura, Residents Hold Special Prayer Against Coronavirus by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:27pm On Mar 21, 2020
DCmonster:
Lol! All this head slammers are really deluded. grin grin

I am telling u. As if their prayers has solved any problem before grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Daura, Residents Hold Special Prayer Against Coronavirus by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:29pm On Mar 21, 2020
If una like, make una pray from now till next year it won't solve anything grin grin grin. It's pragmatic steps that will solve what's at hand. Besides Prayers has never solved any Nigeria problems before.

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Daura, Residents Hold Special Prayer Against Coronavirus by DCmonster: 7:31pm On Mar 21, 2020
grin
MyVILLAGEpeople:

I am telling u. As if their prayers has solved any problem before grin grin grin
I dey tell you! God is angry, instead of them to give their lives to Christ, they are still busy slamming their heads for the Arabian god. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Daura, Residents Hold Special Prayer Against Coronavirus by seedorfg(m): 7:35pm On Mar 21, 2020
It's about prayer and protection coupled with adherence to the medical practitioners warnings.

People should be more hygienic and sanitation of hands should be everyone's priority.

This hullabaloo and fear won't help us, it will just bring disorderliness.

we will survive this. Insha Allah..

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Daura, Residents Hold Special Prayer Against Coronavirus by BlueRayDick: 7:36pm On Mar 21, 2020
Before posting a comment, I tried to do a Google search on the level of education this particular Emir has but I couldn't find any. Even Wikipedia was silent on his education qualification.

So I believe this prayer he organized with hundreds of his subject in attendance contrary to the social distancing FG is promoting; is something he did in ignorance. I mean it is only lack of education that will make someone take this kind of step despite radios and TV's blaring messages discouraging social and religious gatherings.

But then again, even the head of federal government whose health minister has been preaching social distancing was seen shaking hands on camera two days ago undecided ( Before u argue this, check the calender on the wall)

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Daura, Residents Hold Special Prayer Against Coronavirus by iamJ(m): 7:42pm On Mar 21, 2020
Rub hands afterwards

Too much sense dey worry una
Re: Emir Of Daura, Residents Hold Special Prayer Against Coronavirus by Ravenna: 7:43pm On Mar 21, 2020
awon morafhuker.
Re: Emir Of Daura, Residents Hold Special Prayer Against Coronavirus by gurunlocker: 7:50pm On Mar 21, 2020
Praying against COVID19? WTF!!!

Why are we so fvcking religious in this part of the world? shocked grin
Re: Emir Of Daura, Residents Hold Special Prayer Against Coronavirus by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 21, 2020
Corona virus vs Boko haram, which is more deadly than the other ?
Re: Emir Of Daura, Residents Hold Special Prayer Against Coronavirus by Mightymanna(m): 9:58pm On Mar 21, 2020
DCmonster:
grin I dey tell you! God is angry, instead of them to give their lives to Christ, they are still busy slamming their heads for the Arabian god. grin grin
I will come back to you let me disinfect your g*d first

Re: Emir Of Daura, Residents Hold Special Prayer Against Coronavirus by Mightymanna(m): 10:13pm On Mar 21, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:

As if your yours has ever solved any problem on earth

Re: Emir Of Daura, Residents Hold Special Prayer Against Coronavirus by OduduwaYoruba: 6:13am On Mar 22, 2020
Nigeria citizens have been brainwashed with religion. Note, Prayer of a fool is not acceptable unto God. Wise country are busy researching the root cause and panacea to COVID 19, Nigeria are busy in the propaganda. In no time, they will be selling the vaccine to us and making money and Nigeria government will be using our scarce money to buy the covid 19 vaccine. Covid 19 has exposed the Nigerian pastors and imams that religion in Nigeria is used for both deceit and money making.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

COVIK 1-9: The Day An Islamic Cleric Dragged Buhari Like A Faulty Generator / COVID-19: Buhari Extends Lockdown, Charges Nigerians To Endure Restriction / Lockdown: Ben Murray Bruce Pictured Riding Bicycle On The Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.