Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,714 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos (3088 Views)

Gunmen Break Into Abuja Home, Kidnap Father And Son / Nnamdi Kanu Orders Total Shut Down Of Abuja, Lagos, North, South-East On May 30 / Nigeria To Pull Out Of Some International Organisations Over Paucity Of Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by etokhana: 11:12pm On Mar 21, 2020
Nigeria says it will allow approved international flights into the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos and the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja adding that the approved flights will be required to submit manifest of passengers to port health officials prior to arrival in the country.

The Nigerian Airspace Management Agency, NAMA in a guidance issued after Saturday’s announcement by the Federal Civil Aviation Authority, FCAA, closing the airports for one month effective Monday, March 23, 2020 at 11pm till April 23 at 11pm, said “State aircraft, emergency aircraft and any other aircraft approved by the appropriate authority” will not be affected by the closure.

The guidance seen by THEWILL was signed by NAMA’s Director of Operations, Pwajok M.L. on behalf of the Managing Director/CEO.

“Domestic flights shall continue normal operations at all airports,” the guidance said.

The closure of all international airports is coming on the heels of increasing number of cases of the coronavirus in Nigeria where 22 confirmed cases have been reported as at Saturday. Most of the cases have a history of travel to Western countries where the pandemic has left thousands sick and dead.

Nigeria has ordered all schools to close while some companies have directed staff to work from home to help curb the spread of the virus.

Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial capital, Friday shut all nightclubs, bars, social and public events as well as religious gatherings.
https://thewillnigeria.com/news/nigeria-makes-concessions-to-allow-some-international-flights-into-abuja-lagos-airports/
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by ZombiePUNISHER: 11:15pm On Mar 21, 2020
Is Buhari not dumb

And all his supporters cows

?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by Paxie55: 11:16pm On Mar 21, 2020
1 step forward, 100 steps backward.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by puremaker7(m): 11:16pm On Mar 21, 2020
Buhari is a confirm Goat

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by ursullalinda(f): 11:16pm On Mar 21, 2020
Seems some of their families are still stranded outside........or they want to open the gate for easy access to disappear incase they get it.......I don't understand this people.

15 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by Paxie55: 11:17pm On Mar 21, 2020
I saw one zombie viewing this, he has obviously disappeared

8 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by ThiagoKid(m): 11:21pm On Mar 21, 2020
lol confused set of people

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by Sirsuky(m): 11:22pm On Mar 21, 2020
Never again should we vote for APC now I see they don't plan for the sit that is the reason buhari mess everything up

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:23pm On Mar 21, 2020
Sirsuky:
Never again should we vote for APC now I see they don't plan for the sit that is the reason buhari mess everything up
So you even vote for them...

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by xelly: 11:24pm On Mar 21, 2020
They forced everyone in NY to stay home. Why can't Buhari order total lock down till further notice?
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by GamalNasser: 11:24pm On Mar 21, 2020
Buhari still wants his family to keep travelling
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by Mightymanna(m): 11:26pm On Mar 21, 2020
'Nigerians' are totally fine
They just finish eating their imported grass from Brazil so no cause for alarm, Airports should be reopened ASAP prominent Nigerians are now in UK, US And Europe e.g Ikpeazu et al. And they need to come back first grin grin grin

So for those that are complaining where you expecting something good from The Government? Just asking angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by chiiraq802(m): 11:28pm On Mar 21, 2020
What do you guys expect from a kworo chewing, cleuless, old fulani man.... grin
I'm very sure his cows are wiser than him...

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by DCmonster: 11:32pm On Mar 21, 2020
I wish I am in naija right now, I will go to church on Sunday, since everyone including buhari is mad now. In Mississippi and Memphis national guard's are patrolling everywhere with shoot at sight order. Total shutdown!
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by 9jatriot(m): 11:34pm On Mar 21, 2020
Flights were only cancelled for 14 high risk countries I believe.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by Mightymanna(m): 11:37pm On Mar 21, 2020
DCmonster:
I wish I am in naija right now, I will go to church on Sunday, since everyone including buhari is mad now. In Mississippi and Memphis national guard's are patrolling everywhere with shoot at sight order. Total shutdown!
Shoot at sight ? Like in North Korea?

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by DCmonster: 11:44pm On Mar 21, 2020
Mightymanna:

Shoot at sight ? Like in North Korea?
They don't necessarily shoot but the have the order to. Homeless people are being bundle away from the street to abandoned government buildings not in use.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by aolawale025: 11:46pm On Mar 21, 2020
This back and forth not good.
There's some deficiencies in leadership

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by sodiqapril(m): 11:51pm On Mar 21, 2020
Bastards..they first delayed the first one so the Dullards daughter could fly in from UK..now they are lifting it again.who knows the VIP that wants to enter ...if that dead rat griller comes here to say our darling president, I will curse him with all I've got..I don't mind losing this account permanently

9 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by sodiqapril(m): 11:53pm On Mar 21, 2020
ursullalinda:
Seems some of their families are still stranded outside........or they want to open the gate for easy access to disappear incase they get it.......I don't understand this people.
You got it all right ma..one thing I know is if this thing spreads in Nigeria without any cure ...God is the only one that can save us from the being wiped out..good thing is nobody is safe..

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:24am On Mar 22, 2020
The Nigerian Airspace Management Agency, NAMA in a guidance issued after Saturday’s announcement by the Federal Civil Aviation Authority, FCAA, closing the airports for one month effective Monday, March 23, 2020 at 11pm till April 23 at 11pm, said “State aircraft, emergency aircraft and any other aircraft approved by the appropriate authority” will not be affected by the closure.
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by Exmilitant(m): 12:33am On Mar 22, 2020
Get this right people, total lock down will kill the nation as it is. The country has got to be functioning somehow, don't you all think so?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by dustmalik: 12:35am On Mar 22, 2020
This government is playing with fire. If COVID-19 breaks out in this country, we'll not survive it. Even countries with advance health sector are unable to contain it, let alone ours that is useless.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by CutieKing: 12:36am On Mar 22, 2020
Well, the reality is that no nation can successfully shut out her airspace even in times of war.i still dont know how they want to manage this because I believe every flights flying in has an official approval from the appropriate agencies.How can you shut out your own citizens from coming to their country?. Cutting off head is not the antidote for headache.
So this will surely bring another confusion within the officials and passengers.
Finger crossed!!!.
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by CutieKing: 12:42am On Mar 22, 2020
sodiqapril:

You got it all right ma..one thing I know is if this thing spreads in Nigeria without any cure ...God is the only one that can save us from the being wiped out..good thing is nobody is safe..

Closing all borders isnt the most effective way to prevent the spread.what about those with the virus already roaming around the street??.what are they doing about it?.
They have to find more testing kits asap that's the best way to prevent spreading but asking your own citizens not to enter their country doesn't just make sense.
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by festacman(m): 12:45am On Mar 22, 2020
Once again too much emotion outbursts on display.

Let's face it. If officials of World Health Organization need to visit Nigeria for a critical study or intervention, how would they get in? Flight. If a new vaccine is discovered, how will it get to Nigeria? Flight. As we are fighting insurgents, if a need arises for a critical equipment. How will it be brought in? Flight.

Look, Government through its agencies tackle COVID-19 on daily basis through different measures. We must trust them and encourage them succeed in this fight. Pessimism and badmouthing won't help the situation at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by Susu888(m): 1:12am On Mar 22, 2020
In just one day the confirmed cases reached 22. Imagine O, ten new cases in one day... Haba undecided.

Nigeria is in deep sh*t !

Wether they close airport or not Nigeria will suffer for the next one months or more(if we are not able to contain the infected people)

God save the masses.
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by Nuzo1(m): 1:17am On Mar 22, 2020
The shutdown is still effective, except for ambulance aircrafts, presidential aircrafts and special duties aircraft like UN and WHO.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by Ajinoride(m): 1:32am On Mar 22, 2020
This govt is more confused than the average Nigerian. Why the back and forth action? It is well

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by TTsephanyah(f): 2:35am On Mar 22, 2020
[quote author= post=87651728][/quote]
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by juman(m): 3:05am On Mar 22, 2020
“State aircraft, emergency aircraft and any other aircraft approved by the appropriate authority” will not be affected by the closure."

It make sense.
But if they are not careful the purpose of closing the airports would be partly defeated.
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria To Allow Some International Flights Into Abuja, Lagos by Amberon11: 3:24am On Mar 22, 2020
And total unrestricted movement won't kill the nation? If millions of people start dropping dead you don't know it'll hurt the economy more?
Have you read about the Spanish flu?
Exmilitant:
Get this right people, total lock down will kill the nation as it is. The country has got to be functioning somehow, don't you all think so?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbos In Port Harcourt Will Be Victims If Ipob Attacks Gov. Wike / Anambra State Born Ifeanyi Obike Launches Obike Air(pix) / See How Gombe Women Welcomed Peter Obi As He Visits Gombe State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.