Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Hypocrisy Of WHO - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Hypocrisy Of WHO (255 Views)

The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Christi. / The Hypocrisy Of Lockdowns When Thousands Came Out To Bury The Late President Ky / Our Freedom Fight vs Your Hypocrisy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hypocrisy Of WHO by nuele(m): 11:41pm On Mar 21, 2020
So Wuhan virus is given a befitting and sexy name - COVID-19. Same was with SARS.

But should it have been from Africa, we would have had it being called a name akin to the originating place just like Ebola (a river in Congo), Lassa fever (Lassa, a town in Borno). According to CDC website, the disease (Lassa) was named "after a town in Nigeria where it first occurred" (and nobody protested, am surprised though)

There is psychological consequence to naming a bad event with one's place, it negatively affects cultural worth. Albeit, this doesn't applies to Africa.

I hope they change this, I suggest (after this virus is over), Africans should protest this madness. Let them give Ebola another name, so also Lassa fever. Very cruel. I miss Mugabe.

If Congolese people are comfortable with such affront, that's them; we are Nigerians, we should reject such. I hope someone repost this and tag WHO on twitter. Either it's Wuhan Virus or no more Lassa fever or Ebola whatever, let's rise and defend our cultural heritage.

I hope this gets to front-page for greater discuss or probably after the pandemic is over.

2 Likes

Re: Hypocrisy Of WHO by PlayerMeji: 11:43pm On Mar 21, 2020
No b lie...

I feel your pain, brother
Re: Hypocrisy Of WHO by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 21, 2020
Well said.

But Covid is a.k.a Wuhan virus.

By Trump, it's called the "Chinese Virus"
Re: Hypocrisy Of WHO by nuele(m): 11:53pm On Mar 21, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:
Well said.

But Covid is a.k.a Wuhan virus.

By Trump, it's called the "Chinese Virus"

Lol, the guy is always blunt to fact, what is good for the goose is good for the gander

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Generals Admit Boko Haram Challenges / Police Arrest Funke Akindele For Hosting House Party Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic / A Coper As Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.