Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,008 members, 7,852,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:09 PM

How Have You Been Coping With No Weekend Football For Two Weeks Now - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Have You Been Coping With No Weekend Football For Two Weeks Now (341 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Set To End Year As Top Scorer in world football For 2023 / Pictures Of The Asisat Oshoala Football For Girls Event & All-Star Match / Photos Of Asisiat Oshoala Football For Girls In Ajegunle Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Have You Been Coping With No Weekend Football For Two Weeks Now by StephenSammie001(m): 8:10am On Mar 22, 2020
Last week still seems ok as many times, club football has been put on hold to allow some qualifying matches to be played even yet there are still one or two football matches one could still watch over the week & weekend too.

But yesterday was so strange & if I may say, very boring, too as there has not been any football matches for more than two weeks now. As a avid football lover, I tend to watch football matches from different leagues all day : saturday till sunday evening but yesterday was so strange with no football matches for a long time.

Well, what have I been doing? I'm an indoors type on weekend so I spent the whole of yesterday being Saturday, arranging & rearranging my apartment & took a light walk in the evening hence I was abit fine. Well today, I'm still contemplating on what to do, added with this self -isolation of a thing these days.

So how've you been spending your own weekend without football too?
Re: How Have You Been Coping With No Weekend Football For Two Weeks Now by shamsin6300(m): 8:16am On Mar 22, 2020
If I talk what is on my mind now, football lovers will start attacking me & the plenty here die grin
Re: How Have You Been Coping With No Weekend Football For Two Weeks Now by nrexzy: 8:23am On Mar 22, 2020
E no dey easy ooo.... Buh we go dey aii las las
Re: How Have You Been Coping With No Weekend Football For Two Weeks Now by StephenSammie001(m): 8:25am On Mar 22, 2020
shamsin6300:
If I talk what is on my mind now, football lovers will start attacking me & the plenty here die grin

Bros talk na
Re: How Have You Been Coping With No Weekend Football For Two Weeks Now by StephenSammie001(m): 8:32am On Mar 22, 2020
nrexzy:
E no dey easy ooo.... Buh we go dey aii las las

As in e no easy at all.
Wetin u cun dey do bros
Re: How Have You Been Coping With No Weekend Football For Two Weeks Now by ouzo1(m): 8:49am On Mar 22, 2020
I am even contemplating suicide sef
Re: How Have You Been Coping With No Weekend Football For Two Weeks Now by olamidedivotee: 8:53am On Mar 22, 2020
Very boring asf
Re: How Have You Been Coping With No Weekend Football For Two Weeks Now by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 22, 2020
I am surely not coping with it. My weekends have suddenly become strenuously stale and monochromatic.

At this rate, I am beginning to sound like a broken record but I can't help it.

The only way I get to relax/unwind every weekend is watching football- EPL or any other good match from any decent league[and that's minus La Barca and Serie Juve].

But then, since last week, I have pretty much been in footballing Siberia. Nothing to keep my adrenalin rushing. Absolutely nothing to get my brain revving. Nothing to keep me looking forward to the weekends.

Like, do you know how annoying that is sad

I will end the way I have normally done since this whole nonsense started. China must not be given an easy way out of this quagmire that they have in no small way led the whole world into and most of all the boredom that they have in no small way caused me and other football aficionados the world over. Imagine not watching a game on TV whilst exchanging banter with other fans on NL.

Close your eyes and imagine how crushing that could possibly be... just for a brief moment.

Yet it's all thanks to you... know who?

I hate to throw blames around but this time around, I just can't help it. Those clowns must be made to pay something meaningful for their acts of ignominy as far this whole nonsense is concerned.

This is just how I feel, sitting here on another "football-less" weekend, watching the f***** world just go by. Apologies for the epistle. Again, I couldn't help it. Had to vent my spleen and let it all out.

Over and out.
Re: How Have You Been Coping With No Weekend Football For Two Weeks Now by StephenSammie001(m): 9:31am On Mar 22, 2020
ouzo1:
I am even contemplating suicide sef

Haaaa bros, easy nah. U fit dey watch highlights on supersport 2 & 3 Nigeria or wrestling on supersport 5 if you love wrestling too. Don't commit ooh
Re: How Have You Been Coping With No Weekend Football For Two Weeks Now by StephenSammie001(m): 9:33am On Mar 22, 2020
mansakhalifa:
I am surely not coping with it. My weekends have suddenly become strenuously stale and monochromatic.

At this rate, I am beginning to sound like a broken record but I can't help it.

The only way I get to relax/unwind every weekend is watching football- EPL or any other good match from any decent league[and that's minus La Barca and Serie Juve].

But then, since last week, I have pretty much been in footballing Siberia. Nothing to keep my adrenalin rushing. Absolutely nothing to get my brain revving. Nothing to keep me looking forward to the weekends.

Like, do you know how annoying that is sad

I will end the way I have normally done since this whole nonsense started. China must not be given an easy way out of this quagmire that they have in no small way led the whole world into and most of all the boredom that they have in no small way caused me and other football aficionados the world over. Imagine not watching a game on TV whilst exchanging banter with other fans on NL.

Close your eyes and imagine how crushing that could possibly be... just for a brief moment.

Yet it's all thanks to you... know who?

I hate to throw blames around but this time around, I just can't help it. Those clowns must be made to pay something meaningful for their acts of ignominy as far this whole nonsense is concerned.

This is just how I feel, sitting here on another "football-less" weekend, watching the f***** world just go by. Apologies for the epistle. Again, I couldn't help it. Had to vent my spleen and let it all out.

Over and out.

Bros, u don really reach cloud 9! I can feel your vent.
Re: How Have You Been Coping With No Weekend Football For Two Weeks Now by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 22, 2020
StephenSammie001:

Bros, u don really reach cloud 9! I can feel your vent.

For real, man. It's sad.

My bro called me the other day. Dude was down. Couldn't do much myself to help him out.

I was equally as deflated as a tyre. The brain just gets idle on Saturdays. And to a large extent, much of the week- save for the distraction that comes with the new week.
Re: How Have You Been Coping With No Weekend Football For Two Weeks Now by sammycarz(m): 10:09am On Mar 22, 2020
Boring

(1) (Reply)

Real Madrid Should Have Approached Cristiano Ronaldo's Departure With Care / #CORONA-VIRUS: Gerard Pique At Home / ‘victor Moses Is My Toughest Opponent’ – Luke Shaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.