Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,914 members, 7,814,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. (2160 Views)

16 Costly Mistakes Married Women Make / Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us / The 4 Worst Mistakes Good Parents Make (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Carolece(f): 7:18pm On Dec 26, 2010
Kind of spinning from the Why & Why thread. Sometimes I am just mad at my mother for making that man who was my biological father her husband. I mean, things she told us (my sisters and I), I would definately not stay with that b astard. The bad treatment, the disrespect, the almost non-existence in our family. Its just appauling that some of our parents stayed in their relationships because they had a child or two before some really find out what their partner is really like. This goes both ways, because I know this man, he got a wife who is like the devil's sister, he tries to make her happy but she is just not letting up being a bich.

Do you think either of your parents could/should have made a better choice?

1 Like

Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Osama10(m): 7:22pm On Dec 26, 2010
Carolece:

Kind of spinning from the Why & Why thread. Sometimes I am just mad at my mother for making that man who was my biological father her husband. I mean, things she told us (my sisters and I), I would definately not stay with that b astard. The bad treatment, the disrespect, the almost non-existence in our family. Its just appauling that some of our parents stayed in their relationships because they had a child or two before some really find out what their partner is really like. This goes both ways, because I know this man, he got a wife who is like the devil's sister, he tries to make her happy but she is just not letting up being a bich.

Pray your children don't make this type of comment about you.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Carolece(f): 7:24pm On Dec 26, 2010
So are you saying because its our parents we shouldnt make honest comments? I dont and wont have kids, there is no man good enough to father any children of mine.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Osama10(m): 7:28pm On Dec 26, 2010
Carolece:

So are you saying because its our parents we shouldnt make honest comments? I dont and wont have kids, there is no man good enough to father any children of mine.

@ Bolded, Really.

Whatever I don't think you should call your father a bastard no matter what.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Carolece(f): 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2010
Because he was my father? People are people, despite they are our parents, they do have bad attributes too. I wont talk such of other people and praise my parents who are doing the same sh it. I respect my parents. I'd never curse them out, but that didnt stop me from telling them what I really felt about them in a respectful way. They say the truth always hurt, and it sure does. I held back some of the things I really wanted to tell my father because anger would probably cause me to disrespect him, but I sure did tell my mother how I felt about her choice.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Osama10(m): 7:47pm On Dec 26, 2010
Carolece:

Because he was my father? People are people, despite they are our parents, they do have bad attributes too. I wont talk such of other people and praise my parents who are doing the same sh it. I respect my parents. I'd never curse them out, but that didn't stop me from telling them what I really felt about them in a respectful way. They say the truth always hurt, and it sure does. I held back some of the things I really wanted to tell my father because anger would probably cause me to disrespect him, but I sure did tell my mother how I felt about her choice.

I hope you don't make her regretting her past.

We are all imperfect and bound to make mistakes and you inclusive.

Some people realize their mistakes much more earlier than others, why not allow time to pass maybe if he was really that bad as the picture you painted here he might retrace his footsteps and make the necessary adjustments.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Carolece(f): 7:56pm On Dec 26, 2010
^^
But he didnt. He was the worse parent, and died being such.

My mother is ok with us telling her the truth. Even she too speak on some things she shouldnt have put up with.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Osama10(m): 8:01pm On Dec 26, 2010
Oh sorry about that.

I think he is gone and you should just let it be.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Carolece(f): 8:05pm On Dec 26, 2010
I have already forgiven him, but I still remember the heartaches that he caused. Plus as I've already said, all the men around me is just a replica of him.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Osama10(m): 8:07pm On Dec 26, 2010
Carolece:

I have already forgiven him, but I still remember the heartaches that he caused. Plus as I've already said, all the men around me is just a replica of him.

I don't agree with you on this one. It can't be true now.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Carolece(f): 8:14pm On Dec 26, 2010
Do you know the men around me?
All of them have some attributes that he had, reminding me some way or the other of him, and that includes you and the rest of A holes here on Niraland sad
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Osama10(m): 8:16pm On Dec 26, 2010
Carolece:

Do you know the men around me?
All of them have some attributes that he had, reminding me some way or the other of him, and that includes you and the rest of A holes here on Niraland sad

I think you got this part from your father's gene.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Carolece(f): 8:59pm On Dec 26, 2010
I bet. The great inheritance uh!
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by 2good(m): 9:10pm On Dec 26, 2010
@Carolece,
You talk like a very childish and inexperienced person.
We all had one or two problems with our parent while growing up but that does not mean you'll come out publicly and be insulting them. The way you talk shows you have issues yourself and probably would find yourself having problem being worthy of a man.
Take it easy life is easier than you think.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Meklex(m): 9:12pm On Dec 26, 2010
They are human they make mistakes too, its left for you to emulate their positive character and avoid pronouncing them as BS, u dig?
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by HarryPotter1(m): 9:28pm On Dec 26, 2010
Why should this thread be here i think it should be in the family section.@Carolece i tell you,if you should continue like this over ur father i bet you ur own children will do worse than you expect just let the old man be. sad
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Kadata(m): 9:37pm On Dec 26, 2010
¤Like father
#like daughter¤
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by beejaei: 9:50pm On Dec 26, 2010
Enough with the pretense. Stupid people come here on NL to give holy-holy advice when they have not walked in the OP's shoes. I have. My father was almost exactly like her father. Till today I am torn between wishing my mother had quit and had a happy life of her own or stayed, as she did, to ensure her children's future. So if you have not been in this situation, kindly shut the mess up and stick your mouth in your as.s. You do not know what it feels like to see the mother you love almost literally sacrifice her life and take a lot of bullshi.t from an irresponsible father just to make sure her children's futures are guaranteed. Nonsense.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Eveoeve(f): 9:55pm On Dec 26, 2010
@poster dear, its so obvious dat ur dad really hurt u. U think u hav forgiven him but u hav not. U see, u cant continue to dwell on wat ur dad did or did not do. Everyone has one regret or the other in life including me, but life has to go on. U hav to genuinely let go of d past and move on cos u deserve to be happy.
As for no man being good enof to father ur kids, dat's not true dear. U feel dis way cos u see ur dad in every man out there. And dis is becos u stil hold grudges against him. Once u truely let go no matter how painful u'll begin to see d good in others.
I recently read somewhere dat unforgiveness is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die. How true!
I'll say it again- u deserve to be happy.

http://naturekay..com
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by otikpoko(m): 10:03pm On Dec 26, 2010
@poster,if i tell you about my father,you'll start singing that your's in An ANGEL(let me ask you this question, can your father kill someone?maybe your mother if he has the opportunity?)I would have killed the man who gave me life with my own hands if not what i'm Learning from The Bible.As for the statement concerning that no man will able to father your child, most guys and men today are both back and front stabber's but there are still few, i mean really few that are still Good.Just take your time and you'll find one.Know that a bad person cannot find a good person.I'm not trying to paint myself Good Or Bad but assuming you've known someone like me,you would not make the above statement.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by freecocoa(f): 10:07pm On Dec 26, 2010
Seriously i just wonder what kind of a person the op is,you really need to stop this crazy and childish attitude of yours.its becoming annoying,are u the first or only one to ever get hurt by a man?your dad was bad doesn't mean every man is,atleast i can boldly and proudly say  my dad is all i could ever ask of as a father.Please give urself a break and go find something useful to do with ur time rather than coming here to search for who would join/encourage u in ur folly.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Kadata(m): 10:15pm On Dec 26, 2010
I'd rather be a pretender than to pretend to be ungrateful. Or worse still , ungrateful in all sense of the word.
# When you despise the man whose seed was found worthy enough as a portal for your birth, I wonder what on earth you'd ever appreciate.

I'd be watching Nairaland very keenly. Maybe someday your kid would come with his/her own story. And we'd begin to wonder who was worse. And for those not planning to have kids, . . .well, that's your f¤¤ken business.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by MurphyG1(m): 10:22pm On Dec 26, 2010
Carolece:

@ bolded 1: Who knows what choice u wld make, maybe he wld be worse and you and your children wil make u regret ever marrying him.

@ bolded 2: U call your own father a b stard? shocked shocked .No matter what, u are not supposed to call him dat. He fathered u into this world. Now that u have called him that name, does it change your past?

@ bolded 3: I think if your mom had married sm1 else you wld've been born an[b] im becile[/b]. So be grateful it was your dad she married.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by MurphyG1(m): 10:28pm On Dec 26, 2010
Carolece:

U can make honest comments if u wish but dont call them names.

Should I help u say amen to bolded part .

Are u sure there is no man good enough to father any children of urs? LIAR! LIAR!! LIAR!!! I think no man has found u good enough to be the mother of his children.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by MurphyG1(m): 10:32pm On Dec 26, 2010
Carolece:

Because he was my father? People are people, despite they are our parents, they do have bad attributes too. I wont talk such of other people and praise my parents who are doing the same sh it. I respect my parents. I'd never curse them out, but that didnt stop me from telling them what I really felt about them in a respectful way. They say the truth always hurt, and it sure does. I held back some of the things I really wanted to tell my father because anger would probably cause me to disrespect him, but I sure did tell my mother how I felt about her choice.

Respect indeed! I wonder how respectfully a child can call her father a ba stard .
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Kadata(m): 10:34pm On Dec 26, 2010
@Murphy
^^Supported.
Abeg chop '5' 4 dia.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by MurphyG1(m): 10:34pm On Dec 26, 2010
Carolece:

^^
But he didnt. He was the worse parent, and died being such.

My mother is ok with us telling her the truth. Even she too speak on some things she shouldnt have put up with.

I pity u.  angry angry
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by freecocoa(f): 10:40pm On Dec 26, 2010
Murphy G:

I pity u.  angry angry
I pity her more,she is seriously a helpless and hopeless case.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by MurphyG1(m): 10:45pm On Dec 26, 2010
freecocoa:

I pity her more,she is seriously a helpless and hopeless case.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by gbanikiti(m): 10:55pm On Dec 26, 2010
I pity her most truely. I hav bin followin (carolece d poster) threads 4some mnths nw. She naturally hates men.
@freecocoa, am hapi u didnt support her dis time.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by freecocoa(f): 11:11pm On Dec 26, 2010
gbanikiti:

@freecocoa, am hapi u didnt support her dis time.
Ah! Have i ever supported her?don't think so,i don't hate men naw,i'm used to ignoring most of her posts cos they never say anything good or educating,they only brew HATRED which i don't want to have anything to do with.Abeg i can't support her on this kind of matters oh.
Re: Our Parents Make Mistakes Too. by Carolece(f): 11:19pm On Dec 26, 2010
beejaei:

Enough with the pretense. silly people come here on NL to give holy-holy advice when they have not walked in the OP's shoes. I have. My father was almost exactly like her father. Till today I am torn between wishing my mother had quit and had a happy life of her own or stayed, as she did, to ensure her children's future. So if you have not been in this situation, kindly shut the mess up and stick your mouth in your behind. You do not know what it feels like to see the mother you love almost literally sacrifice her life and take a lot of bullshi.t from an irresponsible father just to make sure her children's futures are guaranteed. Nonsense.
Its obvious we need more real people in this world. Most of them live on false pretence that is why some of them cant see through anyone else's eyes. They come and make silly remarks when they have no clue as to what is happening in their own lives. They lie like the devil, pretending their lives is all sweet and dandy. Just because they are my parents doesnt mean I should lie about what is happening. Most of these people who make these silly remarks should go and see in their own lives. They are Dumb foks!

Thank you.

I know alot of people who dont even as much as speak to their parents. They leave and leave every damn thing behind, not even a phone call they honor their parents with.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Me And My Little Brother Who Is More Hansom / 10 Myths We Grew Up Believing As Kids In Nigeria / See The Photo A Couple Posted On Facebook That Has Gone Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.