Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Whats The Point Of Starting A Website From Scratch? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Whats The Point Of Starting A Website From Scratch? (677 Views)

Checklist For Starting A Successful Blog From Scratch / How Can You Secure A Website from Being Hacked? / Responsive Web Design Tutorial From Scratch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whats The Point Of Starting A Website From Scratch? by staglo(f): 7:20pm On Dec 26, 2010
Just out of curiosity, why do some people or clients want to start a website from scratch? Like wasting time writing upĀ  JavaScript codes or cracking heads on what functionality they want.
Why people cant go for open source and extend its functionality or stick with simple websites and avoid flashes? who does flashing sites anyway this days?( unless you are into ecommerce)

Unless you can employ a web master inhouse who can maintain your website and fix bugs when they occur , then thereĀ  is no point asking for a website from scratch
Re: Whats The Point Of Starting A Website From Scratch? by yawatide(f): 1:01am On Dec 27, 2010
Your question is like asking why I should get a toyota (mass produced) over a ferrari (customized):

1) You have more control with code from scratch
2) code from scratch tends to be and look more professional
3) any business worth its salt understands the need to be unique, hence wanting a site from scratch
4) Many of the so-called templates take so much time customizing to your taste that you might as well code it from scratch.

These are a few of the reasons why I encourage my clients to go for a site tailored to their needs, provided info on the site isn't updated regularly. If it is updated regularly, I immediately offer them CMS pricing.

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Help Me With An Online Payment? / New Portal / Forum For All Akwa Ibomites And Cross Riverians On Nairaland / Css Style Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.