Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones (42163 Views)

The Final Exposé On Tecno's Claim Of Using A 64mp Main Lens On The Camon 15. / Coronavirus: 4 Ways To Properly Sanitize And Clean Your Smartphones / How To Experience Google Lens On Any Android Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 22, 2020
How about iPhones?
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by tillaman(m): 4:50pm On Mar 22, 2020
cool
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by TroubleMaker47(m): 4:50pm On Mar 22, 2020
Google keeps copying Samsung angry
1st they copied Split screen, now they have copied Bixby camera! angry

3 Likes

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by iCauseTrouble: 4:50pm On Mar 22, 2020
sad
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by faithfull18(f): 4:51pm On Mar 22, 2020
This isn't new.
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by jospepper(m): 4:51pm On Mar 22, 2020
Wow nice info. I very learnt something new about my phone today.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Sanchez01: 4:56pm On Mar 22, 2020
Google keeps edging closer to close monitoring with its innovation on a daily basis. Tech-enlightened folks have been avoiding some of Google's products and services a while now but this... It is not only threatening but invasive.

I am sure it will be logged or have its own log of captured images as well as history as kept under 'My Activity'. Maps and places, browser history, and tons of others are being logged until they are deleted by their respective users.

This is a data/visual information sapping technique.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Reichel99(f): 4:57pm On Mar 22, 2020
Good innovation.
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Emmanuel226(m): 4:58pm On Mar 22, 2020
Wawuu,amazing shocked
I go use am detect d suspected coronavirus object wey dey my house.
I don dey suspect dat slippers since,cause after I wear am na so I dey cough and sneeze upandan cheesy
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Crownedjon: 4:58pm On Mar 22, 2020
post=87670064:
Google Lens,
One of our past times in the world of Technology....
Always interesting.
Always on point kiss

Thumbs up OP.
Technology is bae!
always writing gibberish

4 Likes

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Emmanuel226(m): 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
Google wants your data at all cost, they will be using excuses like providing u will good services to get everything about you unconsciously u are giving it to them. Now some duns will start snapping everywhere in your home and checking meanwhile big brother is saving everything to sell to highest bidder. If u care above ur privacy run far away from google.
dat privacy stuff is true sha, with Google ur privacy ain't protected

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Chirowman(m): 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2020
at this moment what we need is a technology that can cure covid19 or identify a carrier .
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Emmanuel226(m): 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2020
Crownedjon:
always writing gibberish
grin abeg make una no kill oh cheesy

4 Likes

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Emmanuel226(m): 5:01pm On Mar 22, 2020
ajimotoke:
Can it detect Corona?
yes, only if u have it grin
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Emmanuel226(m): 5:02pm On Mar 22, 2020
TroubleMaker47:
Google keeps copying Samsung angry
1st they copied Split screen, now they have copied Bixby camera! angry
Before Abraham,Jesus was grin
#IYKWIM
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 22, 2020
DenreleDave:
Can my spark 4 use Google lens abi I need iPhone 6

You can use Google lens on any phone...
It's been around for two years or there about.

It was originally on G-Photos, then I discovered it stopped working.. You could even you the photos lens to scan an actual land perimeter or an attraction to find it's location..

Now, you can only scan words and it's do shitty but I still kinda using it..I remember using it to scan and translate the popular Chinese meme "A wise Chinese man ones said blah blah blah" was stunned after I saw what it actually says cause it's meaningless.. aha

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Emmanuel226(m): 5:04pm On Mar 22, 2020
DenreleDave:
Can my spark 4 use Google lens abi I need iPhone 6
no u don't need iPhone 6,all u need is just a simple Covid-6 smart phone grin
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by OneKinGuy(m): 5:06pm On Mar 22, 2020
Google lens is a very useful tool. I have been using it for over 6 months now.
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by arcnomso(m): 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2020
Can Google lense scan QR Codes?
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2020
I'm worried about privacy. Not conformable letting Google access my camera for any reason.
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2020
Cool info ennyholar
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Jossiace: 5:10pm On Mar 22, 2020
Ennyholar:
Hello Nairalander guess we've all been seeing Google Lens feature on your smartphones and wondering what's it's about. Worry no more because today I'll be telling what the app does and how to effectively make use of it to identify objects around you.

What is Google Lens?

Google Lens is an image recognition technology developed by Google. It is designed to bring up relevant information related to objects it identifies using visual analysis based on a neural network. Google Lens make use of your smartphone camera to scan , analyse and bring up information about any object with the help of AI.

Google Lens can help you recognise restaurants, bars and stores. It can also help you translate text from one language to another.

How To Access Google Lens On Your Devices

The feature can be accessed using two different methods on your smartphones.

Google assistant button on your smartphone or the voice command feature.

Camera interface by tapping on the Google Lens icon and scanning the object.

How To Use Google Lens

Launch your Google Lens Interface either from Google Assistant or Your Camera interface.

Point it on the image you want to identify and tap on the search button. Wait few seconds for it to identify the object.

You can also try out other functions of Google Lens.

https://spot.tecno.com/ng/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=80211&extra=
That means one have to download the app.
You can't just use Google Lens by clicking on the Google Assistant or pressing the Google Assistant Dedicated Button.
You must download and install the Google Lens App before you can use it.
Or what do you think?
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Nathphil(m): 5:15pm On Mar 22, 2020
Google lens is a life saver, especially when you wan identify weed that you don't know the name.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 22, 2020
Nathphil:
Google lens is a life saver, especially when you wan identify weed that you don't know the name.
What of lala
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Gforce2019: 5:18pm On Mar 22, 2020
Cam google lens identify a good wife?/
Or can it identify olosho girls..i no.wan marry olosho.as wife

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Bluehill1051: 5:22pm On Mar 22, 2020
dayleke:
Wa gbayi
why must you behave like a goat all the time?! Ode!
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by sylve11: 5:23pm On Mar 22, 2020
Okay. cool
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by netflicks(m): 5:26pm On Mar 22, 2020
Can this scan for corona virus ? If not its useless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 / How To Block All Bank ATM Card In Nigeria If Stolen/lost With Code / Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.