Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones (42164 Views)

The Final Exposé On Tecno's Claim Of Using A 64mp Main Lens On The Camon 15. / Coronavirus: 4 Ways To Properly Sanitize And Clean Your Smartphones / How To Experience Google Lens On Any Android Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Emmanuel226(m): 5:29pm On Mar 22, 2020
DenreleDave:

OK when u or any of ur people contract Covid-6, lemme know
ok ma cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Truthbites: 5:37pm On Mar 22, 2020
iSage:
I've been using this tool for years now. It can even detect plant species, dogs breed and so on. Very useful tool. Thank you OP for enlightening the masses.

Why u come call us the masses? Pls I am an elite, VIP in Nigeria...
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Favmil101(m): 5:42pm On Mar 22, 2020
I heard it can identify covid-19 in the night angry grin
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by dangoteinlaw: 5:57pm On Mar 22, 2020
Emmanuel226:
dat privacy stuff is true sha, with Google ur privacy ain't protected
they themselves admitted it. Countless lawsuits have been won against then but u never hear about it coz an NDA was signed along with settlements to the victims, google was responsible for so many put in camps in china along with other communists countries. I instantly switched to ios, apple might not give those mouth watering features which I don't even know their usefulness self to be frank but you see that security is something apple has never ever joked with. If u like urself especially when u know u want your data to stay safe from these security agencies stay away from google. On my iPhone i dont use anything linked to google i dont even use google search,chrome, googlemap etc. I don't need their services coz they are devils

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Corroro: 6:01pm On Mar 22, 2020
Nice feature indeed,this is great
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by bluefilm: 6:09pm On Mar 22, 2020
And the invasion of privacy continues...

At first, it looks pretty much benign and interesting and even friendly...

And then it turns nasty...
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Emmanuel226(m): 6:11pm On Mar 22, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
they themselves admitted it. Countless lawsuits have been won against then but u never hear about it coz an NDA was signed along with settlements to the victims, google was responsible for so many put in camps in china along with other communists countries. I instantly switched to ios, apple might not give those mouth watering features which I don't even know their usefulness self to be frank but you see that security is something apple has never ever joked with. If u like urself especially when u know u want your data to stay safe from these security agencies stay away from google. On my iPhone i dont use anything linked to google i dont even use google search,chrome, googlemap etc. I don't need their services coz they are devils
true talk,when d govt are after someone,dats what dey even use to retrieve d persons data
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by centboy123456(m): 6:24pm On Mar 22, 2020
Hanks0000:

You can use Google lens on any phone...
It's been around for two years or there about.

It was originally on G-Photos, then I discovered it stopped working.. You could even you the photos lens to scan an actual land perimeter or an attraction to find it's location..

Now, you can only scan words and it's do shitty but I still kinda using it..I remember using it to scan and translate the popular Chinese meme "A wise Chinese man ones said blah blah blah" was stunned after I saw what it actually says cause it's meaningless.. aha

where can I get it

I can't fine it in play store

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by centboy123456(m): 6:25pm On Mar 22, 2020
OneKinGuy:
Google lens is a very useful tool. I have been using it for over 6 months now.

where can I get the app
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by OneKinGuy(m): 6:27pm On Mar 22, 2020
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by legba1(m): 6:46pm On Mar 22, 2020
I can't find the app on playstore... How do I get the app?
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by dangoteinlaw: 6:57pm On Mar 22, 2020
Emmanuel226:
true talk,when d govt are after someone,dats what dey even use to retrieve d persons data
that's right. With google u are the product !!!
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by udy4real(m): 6:58pm On Mar 22, 2020
dangoteinlaw:

So please what do you use to search for information on your phone ?
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by TUANKU(m): 7:38pm On Mar 22, 2020
nextstep:
Can it identify if a person has coronavirus, and whether it's on a surface?
Otherwise useless for me at this time
Build yours then.
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Lastanza: 7:52pm On Mar 22, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
Google wants your data at all cost, they will be using excuses like providing u will good services to get everything about you unconsciously u are giving it to them. Now some duns will start snapping everywhere in your home and checking meanwhile big brother is saving everything to sell to highest bidder. If u care above ur privacy run far away from google.
U cannot do without Google so long as you are an android phone user. And besides what privacy do you wonna protect. U should rather stay off Internet if you cherish ur so called privacy
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by paix(m): 8:09pm On Mar 22, 2020
jchioma:
Nice one from Google ... these guys keep bringing up innovations to make the world a better place.

This will surely impact the academia and society at large.
But boko haram say no. They don't want such innovations, they prefer the stone age experience.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by ejanla077: 8:21pm On Mar 22, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
Google wants your data at all cost, they will be using excuses like providing u will good services to get everything about you unconsciously u are giving it to them. Now some duns will start snapping everywhere in your home and checking meanwhile big brother is saving everything to sell to highest bidder. If u care above ur privacy run far away from google.
what have they done with the data they have collected

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by luckyedgal1(m): 8:43pm On Mar 22, 2020
PlaysNigeria:
wink
nice one
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:47pm On Mar 22, 2020
helinues:
Can the Google lens detect coronavirus? undecided

sounds funny, but something can be thought of this.

if someone (somewhere) can develop a downloadable app that can be used to scan for the coronavirus, it would do the world a big favor.

at least, we can be carrying our phones anywhere we go and be scanning people we come in contact with.

this would be a massive one.

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by elonize(m): 9:27pm On Mar 22, 2020
Do it require d use of data?
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by maasoap(m): 9:30pm On Mar 22, 2020
dangoteinlaw:

Like you did, right? I bet you don't have Gmail account and you don't search Internet using Google Search
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by maasoap(m): 9:33pm On Mar 22, 2020
dangoteinlaw:

What are you hiding? What what can they possibly use it for other than stuff like targeted ads?

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by GraGra247(m): 9:42pm On Mar 22, 2020
iSage:
I've been using this tool for years now. It can even detect plant species, dogs breed and so on. Very useful tool. Thank you OP for enlightening the masses.

If you've been using it for years why didn't you help enlighten the masses much earlier.

I for one have sought for this very function for years now and never knew it existed till now.
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Emmyk(m): 9:47pm On Mar 22, 2020
We have it as Bixby Vision on Samsung phones. cool
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Abcruz(m): 9:52pm On Mar 22, 2020
dangoteinlaw:

Are you aware that every data from the smartphone you're using is being monitored by Google? Where then are you running to?
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Tunex252(m): 12:27am On Mar 23, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:
Can it identify where money is kept in a room.
ole
Hahahaha
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by iammolise(m): 12:32am On Mar 23, 2020
The feature I've been anticipating like forever smiley
Nice one Google

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 / How To Block All Bank ATM Card In Nigeria If Stolen/lost With Code / Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.