Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,618 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Why Nigerians Are Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Nigerians Are Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? (288 Views)

Angry UBA Customer Grills Bank Staff Over Fraudulent Transactions In His Account / Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters / Why Doctors Are Seen To Flirt More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Are Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? by eventmedia: 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2020
How you dey?

These seem to be the first thing many foreigners say while interacting with many Nigerians for the first time.

According to them, In saying this the Nigerian wouldn’t think of scamming them because they’re sounding like a local.

I think some got this from scam watch sites, travel agencies, their government.

I really don’t care where they got that from because such familiar parlance won’t stop Nigerian from scamming you if he wanted to.

You contacted a Nigerian because you want to get some information, you’re testing the Nigerian in the process if i have scamming tendencies, we are not even talking money for Christ sake.

For some time now, Nigerians studying abroad only come back home as a corpse, the ones alive have nothing good to tell.

The government of the host countries have no good explanation to give, neither the Nigerian government, as usual.

India, Ukraine, North Cyprus, Russia, Malaysia, even our own brothers South Africa, top the list on the dishonourable treatment of some Nigerians.

Some of these Nigerians are not innocent, but the majority of them are but general hate is spread on them all.

Some of these acts are purely racist but in most cases, it’s due to the news, the rumours they have heard about Nigerians:

Internet scammer.

Drug pushers.

love-vendor, etc.

These are susceptible youths, mostly from rich homes, hoping to get a good and affordable education from these countries but are met with hate and untimely death all because of generalization, a single story.

How Seven Nigerians Were Killed In UK In Four Months This didn’t cause Nigerians to hate every being from that region.

Nigerian students in India.

Nigerians are seen as fraudulent and dubious, unfortunately, that is the exact way many Nigerians see the rest of the world too.

Either way, cheating is inherent in every human, and it’s not just in
Continue read:.... https://www.alltrends.co/why-nigerians-are-seen-as-fraudulent-and-dubious-people/

Re: Why Nigerians Are Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? by Greatzeus(m): 6:12pm On Mar 22, 2020
Guy forget, Nigerian, especially the youths are scammers now. Maybe it's unemployment or the fault of our leaders,I don't know. But I know most Nigerians will cheat you and worst scam you at any given opportunity.
Just today,a guy was scammed on jiji,it's a daily occurrence. They full telegram groups, selling what not,I used to curse them before blocking them
I hate scammers with every pint of blood in me.
Re: Why Nigerians Are Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? by manny4u(m): 9:51pm On Mar 22, 2020
My brother truth be told 'some if not most Nigerians' are dubious.

(1) (Reply)

How I Got An Appointment With The Fmr Managing Director Of Lawma After So Many N / See A Business All Youth Can Start With 5k And Earn Up To 30k Monthly / Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.