Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Breaking News! Covid 19 Case Rises To 30 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking News! Covid 19 Case Rises To 30 (1479 Views)

Kano State Records First COVID-19 Case / Anambra Extends Lockdown, Tightens Measures, After Recording First Covid-19 Case / Kaduna Records New COVID-19 Case, Traces 119 Contacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News! Covid 19 Case Rises To 30 by destinychildolu(m): 6:28pm On Mar 22, 2020
[BREAKING] Coronavirus: NCDC confirms 30 cases in Nigeria
Published March 22, 2020

Olufemi Atoyebi, Abuja

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control on Sunday said 30 cases have now been confirmed in the country.

In the update posted on its website, the centre said Abuja, which had one case in the morning of Sunday, now have four cases.

It said Ekiti has one, while Lagos has recorded 22 cases.

One case was also confirmed in Oyo State on Sunday morning of a United Kingdom returnee who had been in self-isolation in Bodija area of Ibadan.

NCDC said, “Three new cases of #COVID19 have been confirmed in Lagos, Nigeria. Two cases are returning travellers and one is a contact of a confirmed case.

“As of 05:28 pm on the 22nd of March, there are 30 confirmed cases of #COVID19 in Nigeria. Two have been discharged with no deaths.”

DOWNLOAD THE PUNCH NEWS APP NOW ON
Re: Breaking News! Covid 19 Case Rises To 30 by yerokunphilips: 6:32pm On Mar 22, 2020
Most cases of this virus that was recorded in this country are avoidable ,but due to the irresponsive of this irresponsible government . When countries are closing their borders, ours is opening camp . We closed our airport very late ,our schools late ,if European countries with high technologies ,closed their borders earlier ,what stopped a nation like ours to wait till now . (95% of the cases in this were imported )Medical team should please be on alart .God will help us and let all us be careful . We should all remember that prevention is better and cheaper than cure .
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL MOTHERS ALL OVER THE WORLD . NON OF YOU WILL CRY OVER YOUR CHILDREN IN JESUS CHRIST NAME .

1 Like

Re: Breaking News! Covid 19 Case Rises To 30 by sammyj: 6:35pm On Mar 22, 2020
E don don for us for Lagos! Hopefully our head go correct Las Las

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News! Covid 19 Case Rises To 30 by temptnow: 6:38pm On Mar 22, 2020
Buhari who is always slow to act on anything should have ordered the shut down of all airports in the country. Now we are now in bigger trouble trying to fight Covid 19. Dead President

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News! Covid 19 Case Rises To 30 by destinychildolu(m): 6:39pm On Mar 22, 2020
By tomorrow evening Nigeria's case would have surged to 50. I am not a prophet of doom
Re: Breaking News! Covid 19 Case Rises To 30 by heartbraker(m): 6:39pm On Mar 22, 2020
We don't enter one chance for nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News! Covid 19 Case Rises To 30 by Ruggedniggaone: 6:49pm On Mar 22, 2020
nobody will force people to sit at home when it reach 100 and nobody should blame govt if it get out of hand
Re: Breaking News! Covid 19 Case Rises To 30 by socialmediaman: 6:50pm On Mar 22, 2020
Re: Breaking News! Covid 19 Case Rises To 30 by seunmsg(m): 6:51pm On Mar 22, 2020
yerokunphilips:
Every case of this virus that was recorded in this country are avoidable ,but due to the irresponsive of this irresponsible government . When countries are closing their borders, ours is opening camp . By now all our borders should have been closed ,all schools closed (especially primary schools ),medical team on red alert .God will help us and let all us be careful . We should all remember that prevention is better and cheaper than cure .
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL MOTHERS ALL OVER THE WORLD . NON OF YOU WILL CRY OVER YOUR CHILDREN IN JESUS CHRIST NAME .

Can you tell me one major country in the world that has not recorded a case of Coronavirus? The US closed her borders to travelers from China early enough and still, they have recorded over 20,000 cases and over 300 deaths.

So far so good, the cases reported in Nigeria are still manageable. This is not the time to keep wailing over nothing. This is the time to keep encouraging each and everybody out there to obey all the safety decisions handed down by government. We should call out all our citizens that recently returned from Coronavirus ravaged countries to self isolate for 14 days and stop putting others at risk.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News! Covid 19 Case Rises To 30 by oldman112(m): 7:49pm On Mar 22, 2020
I sense a strict lockdown on lagos state
Re: Breaking News! Covid 19 Case Rises To 30 by Realist2: 8:01pm On Mar 22, 2020
Just wondering why our hot weather didn't do the magic for us.
There are so many conspiracy theories, Corona virus has become more popular than our celebraties.Which herbs do I mix together to find cure for this virus?

Re: Breaking News! Covid 19 Case Rises To 30 by Tobinrobin(m): 8:05pm On Mar 22, 2020
seunmsg:

Can you tell me one major country in the world that has not recorded a case of Coronavirus? The US closed her borders to travelers from China early enough and still, they have recorded over 20,000 cases and over 300 deaths.

So far so good, the cases reported in Nigeria is still manageable. This is not the time to keep wailing over nothing. This is the time to keep encouraging each and everybody out there to obey all the safety decisions handed down by government. We should call out all our citizens that recently returned from Coronavirus ravaged countries to self isolate for 14 days and stop putting others at risk.

The USA didn’t close their borders early. Go on twitter & see how the citizens are complaining about how trump could’ve averted the spread. Nigeria had two weeks head start but we had to wait for Buhari’s daughter arrival before the travel restrictions was placed, my point is we could’ve done this entirely different and be safe instead of the politics the government played with people’s lives. I agree with your second paragraph though
Re: Breaking News! Covid 19 Case Rises To 30 by seunmsg(m): 8:31pm On Mar 22, 2020
Tobinrobin:

The USA didn’t close their borders early. Go on twitter & see how the citizens are complaining about how trump could’ve averted the spread. Nigeria had two weeks head start but we had to wait for Buhari’s daughter arrival before the travel restrictions was placed, my point is we could’ve done this entirely different and be safe instead of the politics the government played with people’s lives. I agree with your second paragraph though

Abia State Governor, Ikpeazu arrived Nigeria on Friday, can we also infer that Buhari was waiting for him before ordering the travel restriction?

Americans are blaming Trump for the incompetence he has displayed so far in handling the virus outbreak and not because he didn’t close the border early enough. Trump called the virus a hoax until it killed a woman in Washington. In case you don’t know, Trump placed a travel restriction on travelers from China at the beginning of the outbreak and he still brags about it till today. Despite the restriction, the virus still found its way into US and it has infected over 20,000 people as at today.

My point is, no major country in the world succeeded in stopping the virus from entering their country and Nigeria couldn’t have been an exception. What we need to do now is to contain the virus and stop wailing about a restriction that wouldn’t have changed anything.
Re: Breaking News! Covid 19 Case Rises To 30 by oziamaka: 8:31pm On Mar 22, 2020
Tobinrobin:

The USA didn’t close their borders early. Go on twitter & see how the citizens are complaining about how trump could’ve averted the spread. Nigeria had two weeks daughter arrival before the travel restrictiohead start but we had to wait for Buhari’sns was placed, my point is we could’ve done this entirely different and be safe instead of the politics the government played with people’s lives. I agree with your second paragraph though
that's the real truth, we had to wait for the princes to return before restrictions at the detriment of more than 200million Nigerians.
Re: Breaking News! Covid 19 Case Rises To 30 by ecstasy357(m): 8:35pm On Mar 22, 2020
It is well
Re: Breaking News! Covid 19 Case Rises To 30 by ecstasy357(m): 8:37pm On Mar 22, 2020
temptnow:
Buhari who is always slow to act on anything should have ordered the shut down of all airports in the country. Now we are now in bigger trouble trying to fight Covid 19. Dead President

You guys voted for baba go slow.

No need to complain
Re: Breaking News! Covid 19 Case Rises To 30 by Tobinrobin(m): 8:47pm On Mar 22, 2020
seunmsg:

Abia State Governor, Ikpeazu arrived Nigeria on Friday, can we also infer that Buhari was waiting for him before ordering the travel restriction?

Americans are blaming Trump for the incompetence he has displayed so far in handling the virus outbreak and not because he didn’t close the border early enough. Trump called the virus a hoax until it killed a woman in Washington. In case you don’t know, Trump placed a travel restriction on travelers from China at the beginning of the outbreak and he still brags about it till today. Despite the restriction, the virus still found its way into US and it has infected over 20,000 people as at today.

My point is, no major country in the world succeeded in stopping the virus from entering their country and Nigeria couldn’t have been an exception. What we need to do now is to contain the virus and stop wailing about a restriction that wouldn’t have changed anything.

I believe we’re both saying this same thing. But it’s glaring that the delay in issuing travel restrictions has some political undertone..

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus In Rwanda / Us State Department Ebola Alert / University Lecturer Dresses In Ebola Suit To Lecture Students In ANSU (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.