Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Sad: Nation Cup Hero Weeps Bitterly Over Career Mistake: Now Trains With Sec. Sc - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sad: Nation Cup Hero Weeps Bitterly Over Career Mistake: Now Trains With Sec. Sc (650 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Trains With Isreal Adesanya Ahead Possible Fight With Elon Musk / Ahmed Musa Trains With Locals Where He Grew Up In Jos(photos) / Super Eagles Training For The Nation's Cup Coming Up In June(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sad: Nation Cup Hero Weeps Bitterly Over Career Mistake: Now Trains With Sec. Sc by Great100000: 12:36am On Mar 23, 2020
Sad: Nation Cup hero weeps bitterly over career mistake: Now trains with Sec. School student in Jos.

Who is Sunday Mba:

Sunday Mba (born 28 November 1988) is a Nigerian footballer who last played as a midfielder for Yeni Malatyaspor and the Nigeria national team.

The 30-year-old, who scored the Super Eagles' winning goal in the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations final, was released by Turkish club Yeni Malatyaspor in September 2017.

Club career:

Mba joined Rangers on loan in May 2013 from Warri Wolves . He scored in his Rangers' debut, a 3–1 loss to Clube Recreativo Desportivo do Libolo in the 2013 CAF Champions League. He signed for Bastia in December after a drawn-out negotiation that lasted most of the year. In October 2019, after 2 years without a club, he said he wanted to return to football.

International career:

Sunday Mba was a member of the Nigeria B team that won the 2010 WAFU Nations Cup . He made his senior debut in the Eagles' 0–0 tie against Angola in January 2012. He scored a brace against Liberia in his next game.

He was called up to Nigeria's 23-man squad for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations. Mba scored the winning goal in Nigeria's 2–1 quarter-final win over Ivory Coast. On 10 February 2013, in the final against Burkina Faso , he scored the first and only goal of the game, to hand Nigeria their third Africa Cup of Nations title.

MBA without a club:

Nigeria international midfielder Sunday Mba is keen to find a route back into football following an inactive two years on the sideline.

Sunday ‬‪Mba has not played competitively since his last appearance against Sivasspor in May 2017, but believes he still has plenty to offer.‬

According to him, my desire is to get back into club football and I am working hard to start playing again. Football is everything I have and I cannot just give up. I believe there’s something out there for me.

He went further, first you’d need the luck to find someone that believes in you and ready to give you a chance. I’ve continued to stay in shape, train daily and be physically ready for any opportunity that will come my way.

“I still have something to give and will continue to stay mentally and physically ready,'' he added.

Re: Sad: Nation Cup Hero Weeps Bitterly Over Career Mistake: Now Trains With Sec. Sc by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 12:40am On Mar 23, 2020
Nigeria is a failed country once you've the opportunity to zoom don't waste time bro
Re: Sad: Nation Cup Hero Weeps Bitterly Over Career Mistake: Now Trains With Sec. Sc by otipoju(m): 2:30am On Mar 23, 2020
He was already in his 30s before he played for Eagles.
Old age has caught up with him and he has no idy to blame.
Re: Sad: Nation Cup Hero Weeps Bitterly Over Career Mistake: Now Trains With Sec. Sc by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:49am On Mar 23, 2020
Opportunity comes but once.....

(1) (Reply)

Ighalo Wins First Manchester United Award / Is Sneijder Really Deserving Of The 2010 Ballon D'or Ahead Of Messi. / Insult Added To Injury: Arsenal Lose Leno In Devastating Brighton Defeats...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.