Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Teaching In British Schools : What Are The Criteria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teaching In British Schools : What Are The Criteria? (535 Views)

Brain Drain Of Teachers In Private Schools: What's The Way Forward? / Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? / Instagram Slay Queen Spotted Teaching In A Secondary School In Delta (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teaching In British Schools : What Are The Criteria? by Romanticzigzag: 1:26am On Mar 23, 2020
Hello there,

I'm Adewale, I currently work in a packaging Factory.
I do my job well, as I know whatever the hand findeth to do, do it well. I recently even got a raise after I completed my one year in the place.

However, deep down, I know this is not the kind of work I want to do for long. I can't even plan my life with this kind of work. As my job takes much of my time, I only have Sunday for myself!

But over the years, I developed a passion for teaching. I can teach mathematics in secondary schools and my best shot is the British Schools.

Why?

Their salary structure is okay and it gives you an edge when you opt to travel out to English speaking countries also, it gives you value for your time.

So how do I teach in British Schools

That's where I need your opinion as I studied Electrical/Electronics Engineering at a Federal Polytechnic and I graduated with a Lower Credit.

What additional qualifications do I need to stand out?
How best can I be prepared/stationed for such jobs?

Any other additional information will be of help as I want to do something with my life not just waking up everyday to a routine that never ends!

Thanks as I expect your response.

1 Like

Re: Teaching In British Schools : What Are The Criteria? by Nobody: 1:41am On Mar 23, 2020
First of all, work on your spoken and written English. It matters a lot. You can't afford to commit grammatical blunders in an interview for a job that's supposed to make you an instructor where the kids learn to speak Queen's English.

Secondly, criteria is already in the plural form, the singular is criterion. There's no such thing as 'criterias' wink

2 Likes

Re: Teaching In British Schools : What Are The Criteria? by OluwasureGig: 1:57am On Mar 23, 2020
eduman365:
First of all, work on your spoken and written English. It matters a lot. You can't afford to commit grammatical blunders in an interview for a job that's supposed to make you an instructor where the kids learn to speak Queen's English.

Secondly, criteria is already in the plural form, the singular is criterion. There's no such thing as 'criterias' wink
guy you funny oh.. you dey naija dey correct person wey dey abroad English. oya carry your English go get working visa and pR for Uk like this senior brah na.. Ozuor
Re: Teaching In British Schools : What Are The Criteria? by Romanticzigzag: 1:57am On Mar 23, 2020
Thanks, already made the correction.
eduman365:

1 Like

Re: Teaching In British Schools : What Are The Criteria? by Nobody: 6:29am On Mar 23, 2020
OluwasureGig:

guy you funny oh.. you dey naija dey correct person wey dey abroad English. oya carry your English go get working visa and pR for Uk like this senior brah na.. Ozuor

Lol. I studied abroad fool... I taught English as a foreign language for several years. The person I corrected has admitted his mistakes and moved on. This is the kind of mentality that stagnates people in life. Your brain is useless and you obviously have poverty mentality.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

When Will Jamb Change Of Institution And Course Start / FG Rolls Out Schedule For National Examinations / Toxic Habits You Need To Get Rid Of To Have A More Productive Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.