Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Little Faith That Works - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Little Faith That Works (183 Views)

Nl Has Made Me Cherish The Little Faith I Have / A Little Faith: Christianity And The Japanese Society / The Faith That Commands Miracles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Little Faith That Works by Earthkumy(m): 8:44am On Mar 23, 2020
LITTLE FAITH THAT WORKS
A lot of people have defined faith by their personal experiences. This is not an attempt to define faith but to talk about the type of faith that works. Someone told me I’m a man of faith because of the result he has seen in my life. But little did he know behind that result is a mountain of doubt. I know you are wondering pastor, so you too do have doubts. A lot of us think when we feel right then we have faith but that is the deception of the devil. Faith has so little to do with how you feel. A lot of us have stopped listening and obeying God because we don’t feel like it. Faith is more about obedience than feelings. Here Jesus rebuked his disciples, Jesus said, “You faithless and corrupt people! How long must I be with you? How long must I put up with you? Bring the boy here to me.” Matthew 17:17, let me say that Jesus didn't call his disciples names because He liked picking on them, he called them names because their intentions and attitude was wrong. Your intentions and attitude do more harm to your faith, than a mountain of doubt could possibly do.
When God tells me to do something I do it regardless of the circumstance and how I feel. The result will be there at the end of the day. A lot of people have stopped listening to God because they are not receiving praise, or because they are not happy with whom God had instructed them to work with. So they see mountains of problems, then they felt “maybe God don’t want me to continue”. They starts disobeying God because they don’t feel right about it or because the situation is not favoring them immediately. If you want results you have to learn to work with God with your eyes closed and your heart solemnly focused on obedience, not your feelings and not on the circumstance. The opposite of faith is doubt, but Jesus didn’t mind the doubt when he said in the book of Matt. 17:20 if you have faith as small as a muster seed you can move mountains. Small faith is prove of presence of doubt, that is to say that, faith that works don’t care about the presence of doubt in your mind, it just want you to work with God regardless of your feelings, trust He will be there for you regardless of the situation or circumstances. Close your mind to every kind of discouragement and you will see the results that Jesus gives.
I say continue your work with God in season and out of season
Praise the Lord

Servant of Servants
Pastor Eze Chukwu

Good morning with alot of love ❤️ ❤️
Re: Little Faith That Works by OloshoMan: 10:25am On Mar 23, 2020
Audio Faith wey no fit cure covid-19.
Re: Little Faith That Works by yinkbell: 5:15pm On Mar 24, 2020
Thanks for these wonderful pieces of information. where the majority of we Christian miss it is the place of fighting the good fight of faith. most of the time we revert to the words that hamper our faith when circumstances don't change easily. we do not dare to commit ourselves or things to the Lord because we feel we do not have faith. we base our faith on feelings. we trust a bank to keep our money, we do no ask ourselves if we have faith in the bank before saving our money. faith arises from the fact that another party is trustworthy; He will guard what we commit in His Hand. May God help us in Jesus name.
Re: Little Faith That Works by Earthkumy(m): 6:40am On Apr 08, 2020
yinkbell:
Thanks for these wonderful pieces of information. where the majority of we Christian miss it is the place of fighting the good fight of faith. most of the time we revert to the words that hamper our faith when circumstances don't change easily. we do not dare to commit ourselves or things to the Lord because we feel we do not have faith. we base our faith on feelings. we trust a bank to keep our money, we do no ask ourselves if we have faith in the bank before saving our money. faith arises from the fact that another party is trustworthy; He will guard what we commit in His Hand. May God help us in Jesus name.

Amen

(1) (Reply)

Believing Is A Continuous Tense / Dear Christian, REPENT! Abraham Kept Yah's Laws, Statutes & Commandments / Law And Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.