Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,966 members, 7,956,624 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:36 PM

Coronavirus: Stimulus Plan For Nigerians - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Stimulus Plan For Nigerians (208 Views)

Latest On Coronavirus Stimulus Package And New Strain Found / 7 Things To Know About The Coronavirus Stimulus Package / Coronavirus: Parents Abandon Kids At China Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Stimulus Plan For Nigerians by Logba: 10:24am On Mar 23, 2020
Coronavirus has shown to the world the havock it can reck. Nigeria has recorded cases that are currently being managed. It is my prayer that we are able to contain the virus so that we will not have the issues similar to what is being faced in Europe ,America and other affected parts of the world.
While we hope and pray against the widespread of the virus in the country, we also need to get ready and plan in case of possible outbreak.
The reason I am doing this is because I am aware of the work nature and income level of majority of Nigerians.
So many companies in this country cannot afford to pay salaries when workers are not at work, many of our citizens depend on daily income to survive and I wonder how such people will obey a stay at home order. To make it worse, the country is not bouyant at the moment( foreign reserve currently less than $35 billion and crude oil selling below $30 per barrel ). We need to give cash and stimulus to citizens as being done in many parts of the world to cushion the effect of hardship caused by stay at home order. I am not here to defend Nigeria's inability to take care of her citizens. I am just being realistic and trying to suggest a way to survive this pandemic.
I however believe that viable companies and rich Nigerians can help with donations and materials support to States Governments( or other trusted organizations)in the country . To learn from the challenges experienced in the badly affected countries and beyond stipend given to citizens, shortage of hospital materials bed space and human support are the main issues. We can brace up to plan for collective survival.
The earlier we get ready and prepared ,the better for the country.
I am only a concerned Nigerian
Re: Coronavirus: Stimulus Plan For Nigerians by Logba: 9:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
It's high time we arrange to support the stay at home directives

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms 35 Cases As 11pm Deadline For Airport Closure Nears / Home Treatment For Your Ingrown Eyelash / Another Disease Surface In China Called Hantavirus – Man In China Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.