Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,378 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Thick Blood Mixing With Mucus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Thick Blood Mixing With Mucus (7966 Views)

Help With Brownish Mucus Discharge During Ovulation / I Have Low Sperm And Watery Sperm, I Need Herbs That Can Make It Thick. / Swallowing Mucus: A Bad Habit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thick Blood Mixing With Mucus by IykeD(m): 10:38am On Dec 27, 2010
I have been going through some health-related issues since moving over to Europe last summer and it all started when the winter set out. I started noticing blood mixing with mucus from my nose and also from the throat. At first i wasn't worried but when it persisted and became even worse, i had to seek for help. I went to see a nurse who attributed it to breathing in dry air and said that I should turn down the heater in my room a bit which i did but same problem continued.

Again i went to see a Doctor who viewed my nose and nasal passage and said the left one was a bit damaged but not severe and also attributed it to same thing as the nurse and asked me to dampen a Towel and put it in my room, this again didn't solve this problem. I notice this problem whenever i am in my room especially when i sleep and wake up the morning to blow my nose, the blood that comes out is so scary. I saw another Doctor again last week who said i should buy a nasal water called Renesan or so. I am tired not really because of the cost of medicare here which is quite alarming (though they tell those that care to listen that it is free ), but because of the worries i have over this and the long term effect of this problem.

I have lost weight tremendously and i believe i am losing so much blood (you know what it means). I also notice that i vomit blood sometimes in the morning, may be as the nose is connected to the throat, the blood comes from the nose. Please help me, i will not be surprised if i don't get a solution here as this is not a tropical health issue but then i felt i should try as we may have some of our NL'ders with experience in this area. Any contribution will be highly appreciated but please I only need the professionals as I will adhere to the advice given. Thank you very much!
Re: Thick Blood Mixing With Mucus by Drfinn: 5:39pm On Dec 27, 2010
@poster,u probably hv dificulty adapting 2 ur new environment.hold on,did u say u noticd it especially in ur rm?wats ur bedings made up of?any particular aerosols u use?4 hw lng hv u bin hvn d symptoms?any cough,fast or dificulty in breathing?r u on any prescription aside d doc's?do u also notice these symptoms as d day progresses?any family history of allergy/asthma or respiratory disoder?hope,i didnt bug u wit much questions,just wana knw frm wat angle 2 gv ma 2cents!
Re: Thick Blood Mixing With Mucus by IykeD(m): 6:36pm On Dec 27, 2010
Dr Finn, thanx a lot for your response and no, u did not bug me rather i disturbed you. As per your questions, let me try and answer them one by one.

Did u say u noticed it especially in your rm? yes, i don't notice it wen i am outside even at -25 degrees, wen i blow my nose, the mucus is a white as the snow i trample upon hehe. so yes, it's just in my room.

wats your bedings made up of? normal form attached to the furniture with spring inside but quite smaller than my bed back home hehe

any particular aerosols u use? not at all

4 hw long hv u bin havn d symptoms?  for more than 2 months now

any cough,fast or difficulty in breathing? no cough at all but then sometimes it's difficult breathing but i took that to be the weather condition, most times i breath with my mouth and it's worse in the night

r u on any prescription aside d doc's? no, not any!

do u also notice these symptoms as d day progresses? not exactly, it is most pronounced in the morning when i wake up and blow my nose and then when i have my bath with really hot water(cos of the cold) and it is as if the hot water melts the blood in my system and if i blow my nose at that time while in the bathroom, it becomes worse during the day, i feel it's perfectly normal as i wud have gone out for the day.

any family history of allergy/asthma or respiratory disorder? no, none that i can remember.

I just got the nose water drug now, it is called Ranassans Naturell Nasspray (that's Swedish, so you may not know it), it's just a spray. I am to spray it into my nose, i think it has some chlorides( calcium et al).
Another thing is that my blood pressure seems to be surprisingly high at my age, even the doctors were surprised, they just asked me if i am stressed so much and i said yes and i was particularly stressed to my marrows in Nigeria few months before i traveled ( by a matter that concerns a prominent NLder which is still not solved up till now)  and i guess the stress "followed me here", dat may have been a huge factor but then i think it is not normal. Even today, while at the pharmacy, the Doctor there asked me same question about stress and blood pressure. I just mentioned the latter in addition to the answers to widen the angles from which you may look into the problem. For now, i am trying to be happy but i am not and that may aggravate the BP thing and the fact that i am not able to do much of an exercise because of the weather which doesn't help matters. I am disturbed! Sorry for the long points!
Re: Thick Blood Mixing With Mucus by IykeD(m): 9:05pm On Dec 27, 2010
Hi Dr, I also think you should see this, i have been going through some sites and articles and i am even more disturbed.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/SleepApnea/SleepApnea_WhatIs.html

Pls also go through the other hyperlinks below "what is"
Re: Thick Blood Mixing With Mucus by goldenluve(m): 5:48pm On Dec 20, 2017
As far as I can remember, I've been having catarrh since August, 2017 and this is December 2017 precisely 20th of December. Till date, the catarrh has not stopped. I have been given malaria treatment 2times between August and December.

About 2weeks ago, I started having hard cough and till now, the hasn't left. Though it has subsided a little.

Now the more scary one is this below;

Recently, I notice thick blood coming from my nose and mouth when I clear my throat of mucus. I don't know what's happening. My eyes, nose and jaw joints are all aching me.

Help me please. I am seriously worried.

Thanks.
Re: Thick Blood Mixing With Mucus by doubletroublmum(f): 8:00pm On Dec 20, 2017
Hi do you have fever?? Sounds like a severe cold. Did you try to put creme in your nose Nasensalbe?? But the blood sounds scary. Did they check you for. Nasennebenhöhlen entzündung?? Please see the doctor. My personal recepy against cold is fresh ginger. Try and eat a small piece of it morning and night. All the best
Re: Thick Blood Mixing With Mucus by Mogenerous(f): 6:53am On Mar 14, 2018
Hi Op, how did you eventually manage this

(1) (Reply)

Funbact A Lightened My Face A Bit And Now I Need Advice On What To Do / High Blood Pressure: 4 Causes Of Hypertension You Probably Don’t Know. / Save The Virgina Now!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.