Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Covid-19 And The Saints - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Covid-19 And The Saints (245 Views)

COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ / Preparing The Saints For The End Times Tribulation / Bishop Daniel Yisa: "The Change Buhari Brought Is Changing Criminals To Saints" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19 And The Saints by oyinkel(m): 4:42pm On Mar 23, 2020
Its really a trying time for the world right now and all I can say is that may GOD have mercy on us all.

Many Christian have said that the pandemic is a judgement of GOD on the sinners, but I believe (like I said in my previous post on this topic) that is more of a wake up call to the saints. Its really amaze me to see how children of GOD are seemingly rushing to take refuge in the blood of JESUS and in the secret place of THE MOST HIGH, I thought that's where we have been dwelling all this while.

Really, if you have truly lived privately and publicly like the child of GOD you claim you are, there would be no need for the emergency proclamation of security as if you were in any way insecure the whole time. It is the wicked that flee when no one is pursuing him, the righteous at the other hand is as bold as a lion.

That said, I want to say that this is not the time to tell the world how judgemental GOD can be, but a time to proclaim, the love of GOD personified in JESUS CHRIST, a time to tell them of the rest and peace that can only be found in CHRIST and how willingly GOD is ready to save all who come to HIM at such a time like this.

Its somewhat amazing, that we preach JESUS the righteous, who for the sinners gave HIS life and then go ahead and condemn the sinners to judgement and death in HIS name. We sit in our church, sing good songs, proclaim GOD'S blessings for ourselves and declare judgment on the world, and when the judgement came, it did not spare the assembling together of saints, as many of our worship center that we take pride in were empty on Sunday.

GOD is not in the building, HE is after the lost, and we must go with HIM fishing for men souls. Is not a paradox that there is a joy in heaven over the soul that is saved and yet there is joy on earth among the saints over the death of the wicked who died in their sin, sometimes we are even the ones that pronounce their death sentence.

Let us take advantage of the season and tell the world that JESUS saves and in HIM alone is help and salvation.

GOD bless you

1 Like

Re: Covid-19 And The Saints by Eviana(f): 6:27pm On Mar 23, 2020
oyinkel:

Its really a trying time for the world right now and all I can say is that may GOD have mercy on us all.

Many Christian have said that the pandemic is a judgement of GOD on the sinners, but I believe (like I said in my previous post on this topic) that is more of a wake up call to the saints. Its really amaze me to see how children of GOD are seemingly rushing to take refuge in the blood of JESUS and in the secret place of THE MOST HIGH, I thought that's where we have been dwelling all this while.

Really, if you have truly lived privately and publicly like the child of GOD you claim you are, there would be no need for the emergency proclamation of security as if you were in any way insecure the whole time. It is the wicked that flee when no one is pursuing him, the righteous at the other hand is as bold as a lion.

That said, I want to say that this is not the time to tell the world how judgemental GOD can be, but a time to proclaim, the love of GOD personified in JESUS CHRIST, a time to tell them of the rest and peace that can only be found in CHRIST and how willingly GOD is ready to save all who come to HIM at such a time like this.

Its somewhat amazing, that we preach JESUS the righteous, who for the sinners gave HIS life and then go ahead and condemn the sinners to judgement and death in HIS name. We sit in our church, sing good songs, proclaim GOD'S blessings for ourselves and declare judgment on the world, and when the judgement came, it did not spare the assembling together of saints, as many of our worship center that we take pride in were empty on Sunday.

GOD is not in the building, HE is after the lost, and we must go with HIM fishing for men souls. Is not a paradox that there is a joy in heaven over the soul that is saved and yet there is joy on earth among the saints over the death of the wicked who died in their sin, sometimes we are even the ones that pronounce their death sentence.

Let us take advantage of the season and tell the world that JESUS saves and in HIM alone is help and salvation.

GOD bless you

I really like what you wrote here.
Nigeria, Nigeria, Nigeria.... cry
Although I have never lived there, my heart truly breaks for the country.
I really mean it.
When I said that you guys are deeply in my prayers, I meant it.
I was even wondering about Boko Haram...whether they knew what was going on and had ceased their activities?
They need prayer as well...as much as I sometimes do not want to do so for them.
Perhaps one, two or three may surrender their lives to Christ...regardless of the circumstances.
I am even praying very deeply for (6) specific people here on Nairaland...four of them know because I have told them in one way or another. However, the other two people here on N.L. do not know, but I have been impressed to bring them before the Lord daily which I am committed to doing.
Anyway, we, Christians should be sharing the Saviour with the world AND looking introspectively into our lives to see if we truly are in the faith.
Makes me think about the large number of "disciples" (minus the appointed 12) that Christ had in the early days of His ministry (John 6:65-68 KJV).
Yet when the going got "tough", (meaning the truth about His personage and what His ministry entailed), the crowd dwindled down to only a few.
See people wanted the benefits of being around a supernatural, blessed person, yet weren't willing to sacrifice what was required.
It's very easy to preach a prosperity gospel and enjoy the "alleged" benefits from it, but is that the gospel that Christ preached and lived?
Gargantuan buildings, nice clothing, expensive cars, wealth and fame won't do a person a bit of good once Jesus returns.
Pastors, family members, ministries, co-workers etc., cannot save you.
Only Jesus Christ can.
Christians, (me included), start truly developing a real, sincere, unbreakable bond with your Lord and Saviour.
Stop playing church, dig into that Word through prayer and the guidance of the Holy Spirit, confess and forsake your sins, and then go into the world with the commission of (Matthew 28:18-20 KJV).
Who's really ready to get down into the trenches, minister to lost souls, and introduce them to the Only One who can set them free from sin and bondage?
This pestilence is only the beginning of birth pains for the end times. We are told in the scriptures.
This is more prophecy being fulfilled and should really increase our faith in Christ Jesus.
Worrying and running around hysterically about a cure for a pestilence in this world which will one day soon be destroyed, while one's soul is unclean and lost (be it in the church or out) yet not thinking about eternity truly shows where one's heart is centered.
Christians, we must do better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covid-19 And The Saints by oyinkel(m): 6:38pm On Mar 23, 2020
Eviana:

I really like what you wrote here.
Nigeria, Nigeria, Nigeria.... cry
Although I have never lived there, my heart truly breaks for the country.
I really mean it.
When I said that you guys are deeply in my prayers, I meant it.
I was even wondering about Boko Haram...whether they knew what was going on and had ceased their activities?
They need prayer as well...as much as I sometimes do not want to do so for them.
Perhaps one, two or three may surrender their lives to Christ...regardless of the circumstances.
I am even praying very deeply for (6) specific people here on Nairaland...four of them know because I have told them in one way or another. However, the other two people here on N.L. do not know, but I have been impressed to bring them before the Lord daily which I am committed to doing.
Anyway, we, Christians should be sharing the Saviour with the world AND looking introspectively into our lives to see if we truly are in the faith.
Makes me think about the large number of "disciples" (minus the appointed 12) that Christ had in the early days of His ministry (John 6:65-68 KJV).
Yet when the going got "tough", (meaning the truth about His personage and what His ministry entailed), the crowd dwindled down to only a few.
See people wanted the benefits of being around a supernatural, blessed person, yet weren't willing to sacrifice what was required.
It's very easy to preach a prosperity gospel and enjoy the "alleged" benefits from it, but is that the gospel that Christ preached and lived?
Gargantuan buildings, nice clothing, expensive cars, wealth and fame won't do a person a bit of good once Jesus returns.
Pastors, family members, ministries, co-workers etc., cannot save you.
Only Jesus Christ can.
Christians, (me included), start truly developing a real, sincere, unbreakable bond with your Lord and Saviour.
Stop playing church, dig into that Word through prayer and the guidance of the Holy Spirit, confess and forsake your sins, and then go into the world with the commission of (Matthew 28:18-20 KJV).
Who's really ready to get down into the trenches, minister to lost souls, and introduce them to the Only One who can set them free from sin and bondage?
This pestilence is only the beginning of birth pains for the end times. We are told in the scriptures.
This is more prophecy being fulfilled and should really increase our faith in Christ Jesus.
Worrying and running around hysterically about a cure for a pestilence in this world which will one day soon be destroyed, while one's soul is unclean and lost (be it in the church or out) yet not thinking about eternity truly shows where one's heart is centered.
Christians, we must do better.

Thank you very much for the rejoinder, GOD bless you Ma.

I am seriously looking for a time when I can also share the longsuffering of THE LORD, forbidding that any soul should perish but desiring that all should come to repentance.

May GOD bless and increase you in grace in JESUS name.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do We Have Only One SATAN Worldwide? / Divine Coronavirus Protection Oil - FOR SALE! / Covid19.. Has Humanity Failed God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.