Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 (37360 Views)

Arteta Says Arsenal Are "Obliged" To Be In The Champions League / Arteta Says He "Does Not Understand The Rules" After VAR Sent Off Arsenal Player / Rare Photo Of Emiliano Sala's Recovered Body(graphic Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by ogbiwa: 5:57pm On Mar 23, 2020
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta says he has fully recovered from coronavirus.

Spaniard Arteta, 37, became the first Premier League manager to test positive for the virus on 12 March.

He had reported feeling unwell after it was confirmed Evangelos Marinakis - the owner of Greek side Olympiakos, who played Arsenal in the Europa League in February - had coronavirus on 10 March.

Arteta said: "It took me three or four days to start feeling better, with more energy, to leave the symptoms behind."

Speaking to Spanish television channel La Sexta, he added: "I am very well now. I feel that I have recovered."

The Gunners' players were due to report for training on Tuesday, after completing 14 days' isolation following Arteta's diagnosis, but their return has been postponed.

"As a result of the current situation, we are clear it would be inappropriate and irresponsible to ask players to come back at this time," said the north London club in a statement.

"Therefore our men's first team, women and academy players are all remaining at home. Stay at home and save lives."

Several Arsenal players had gone into self-isolation after the news of Marinakis' positive test, while the Gunners were due to face Manchester City at Etihad Stadium on 11 March.

Speaking on Sunday, Arteta added: "I got a call from the board of directors after training while I was in my car and they told me the president of Olympiakos had tested positive, and everyone who had been in contact was at risk.

"I went on to tell them that I wasn't feeling well and that we had a situation because we had lots of players that had been in contact with them.

"We had a game against Manchester City the next day and obviously we couldn't put lots of people at risk without saying anything.

"Obviously all those who had been in contact with me had to go into quarantine, and consequently games had to be suspended."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52005204

12 Likes

Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by logon599: 5:57pm On Mar 23, 2020
If he has recovered, when is he plannning to share with us the procedures he went through to recover, and help save thousands others.

Contact me to design your professional building drawings (architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical) all at good prices as well as construction supervision from foundation to painting. Kindly chat or call 0816 124 7898 to see samples. Thank you

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by Aammee77: 6:01pm On Mar 23, 2020
Thank God oh! now wey we don try get better coach, Corolla vices wan spoil matter

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by Kingosytex(m): 6:11pm On Mar 23, 2020
This is great.

It is just a matter of time before this deadly virus is wiped out from the surface of the earth.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by barbstee(m): 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2020
It's good to hear that
I thank God for you

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by majamajic(m): 6:29pm On Mar 23, 2020
grin

Which medicine him take,

Asking for a neighbor

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by LordAzubuike(f): 7:56pm On Mar 23, 2020
Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by Officialgarri: 7:56pm On Mar 23, 2020
If one doesn't have underlying health conditions, Corona is not more than mere malaria

111 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by Slawormir: 7:56pm On Mar 23, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

4 Likes

Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 23, 2020
Good news to hear

6 Likes

Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by 21sailor: 7:57pm On Mar 23, 2020
ogbiwa:
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta says he has fully recovered from coronavirus.

Spaniard Arteta, 37, became the first Premier League manager to test positive for the virus on 12 March.

He had reported feeling unwell after it was confirmed Evangelos Marinakis - the owner of Greek side Olympiakos, who played Arsenal in the Europa League in February - had coronavirus on 10 March.

Arteta said: "It took me three or four days to start feeling better, with more energy, to leave the symptoms behind."

Speaking to Spanish television channel La Sexta, he added: "I am very well now. I feel that I have recovered."

The Gunners' players were due to report for training on Tuesday, after completing 14 days' isolation following Arteta's diagnosis, but their return has been postponed.

"As a result of the current situation, we are clear it would be inappropriate and irresponsible to ask players to come back at this time," said the north London club in a statement.

"Therefore our men's first team, women and academy players are all remaining at home. Stay at home and save lives."

Several Arsenal players had gone into self-isolation after the news of Marinakis' positive test, while the Gunners were due to face Manchester City at Etihad Stadium on 11 March.

Speaking on Sunday, Arteta added: "I got a call from the board of directors after training while I was in my car and they told me the president of Olympiakos had tested positive, and everyone who had been in contact was at risk.

"I went on to tell them that I wasn't feeling well and that we had a situation because we had lots of players that had been in contact with them.

"We had a game against Manchester City the next day and obviously we couldn't put lots of people at risk without saying anything.

"Obviously all those who had been in contact with me had to go into quarantine, and consequently games had to be suspended."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52005204

Lalasticlala Mynd44
Lalasticlala Mynd44
grin
Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by Ace16(m): 7:57pm On Mar 23, 2020
Someone is up there asking what procedure he took before he got well. Why didn’t you ask the same question when the Italian man was said to have recovered from the virus?
Young people are highly likely to recover except u have an underlying sickness. The spread is the major concern and also with the elderly ones who are susceptible..

17 Likes

Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by EmmanuelMacron: 7:58pm On Mar 23, 2020
Hello World,
I hope you're all adjusting quite easily to the new life
This is just the beginning

1 Like

Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by IbrahimSkiba(f): 7:58pm On Mar 23, 2020
logon599:
The report is not complete. If he has recovered when is he plannning to share with the rest of us the procedures he went through to recover, and help save thousands others.

Na to wash hand na grin

1 Like

Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by Sonnobax15(m): 7:58pm On Mar 23, 2020
grin Kovic one-nine birus may not be as deadly as we(africans) have pictured it in our minds if properly treated on time....

5 Likes

Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by Denique(f): 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
Mr. Arteta, kindly tell us if Chloroquine was administered on you.

Asking for a country, Nigeria

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by Kenydisharp1985: 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
Corondian drivorce pls take am easy for naija

1 Like

Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by olaszydaruma(m): 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
grin thank God o

4 Likes

Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by Luketen(m): 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
Good news

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by Nairalandmonika: 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
Good thing is that he's now immune to the virus. Coronavirus are know to give u immunity if you survive them.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by missionmex(m): 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
A breath of fresh air.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by Generalyemi(m): 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
update on buhari daughter?

so we can put her in prayers :-Xupdate on buhari daughter?

so we can put her in prayers

1 Like

Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by RapistOnBail: 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
I am glad.

But, something seems not to be right somewhere.
Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by Makavelli25: 8:00pm On Mar 23, 2020
All thanks to GOD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by tillaman(m): 8:00pm On Mar 23, 2020
This is good news but I hope others make full recovery Soon!!
Arsenal fans how una side

7 Likes

Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by FloxySmart(f): 8:00pm On Mar 23, 2020
I think the question everyone will like to have answered is ‘ How did you recover from the virus?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by Cherrybae(f): 8:00pm On Mar 23, 2020
We thank Buhari for his support towards your recovery. His advice and encouragement alone made all of us feel happy.

God bless Buhari
Re: Mikel Arteta Says He Has Fully Recovered From COVID-19 by Butoneday2(m): 8:00pm On Mar 23, 2020
All this news of coro positive today, and coro negative tomorrow and next tomorrow coro positive discharge ayam not understanding. undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Brazilian Referee Beheaded By Fans For Killing Player!! / David Abraham Knocks Out Christian Streich During Match / Ajegunle Names Astro Turf Mini Stadium And Park After Odion Ighalo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.