Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

My Ugly Experience With Police In Onitsha - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Ugly Experience With Police In Onitsha (813 Views)

IG Wants NSCDC, FRSC Merged With Police / UK Based Man Disappointed With Police After This Happened In Imo. Photos / Soldiers Clash With Police At Osisioma, Aba, 3 Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ugly Experience With Police In Onitsha by centpower(m): 11:05pm On Mar 23, 2020
Goodevening n'landers.

My friend in another state called me early in the morning asking me to help him collect some cartons of medicine from his customer at bridgehead market so he could pick them from me.

I told him to call his customer and tell him to arrange the cartons before I will reach the market.
Fast forward; I collected the cartons from his customer, they were packed in a sack for easy movement. Immediately I entered bus the driver saw policemen and wanted to dodge them but they caught. What is the bag?? Come down fast, carry it on your head, put it in our van...they surrounded me like a criminal, let the driver go and pushed me into their van and drove off.
Where are you taking me to, what isy offence, open the bag and search the contents. One replied: when we get to NDLEA office you will explain. Five of them were shouting and intimidating me. He took my phone, search my message and put it in the dashboard. I was devastated. They drove round Onitsha and stopped at the back of CPS, asked me to open the bag. The contents were abonoki balm, bonababe syrup, paracetamol, augmentin. I begged them to let me go with 2k on me but they intimidated me more. They gave me my phone to call someone who will send money for me or they take me to NDLEA Office were I will pay huge amount before coming out. I was asked to bring 30k. I called my friend and he beg and explained to them that it was not a contraband but they asked him to come to Onitsha with his practicing license to bail me. He called his customer in headbridge. The supplier called me and ask me not to give them anything that he is coming. I called another guy who advised me never to shiver but stand my ground and follow me to their station if they insist. The phone was on speaker and he even exchange words with them saying if they detain me more than 24hrs, we will sue them. My moral high. The policemen vexed and seized my phone.

Five of them with guns pushed me into the van saying I must be taken to NDLEA office at 33 Onitsha. My fears vanished, but instead of entering the station at 33, they stopped beside the gate, the OGA wrote my name and state in a paper saying he will put my name in the office before proceeding to NDLEA office, I watched him,carefully, he entered a bar and sat down, the driver asked me how much I hold, I said 2k. He asked the one in my account I told him 4k, he claimed to beg others ony behalf. They turned and drove back to Onitsha, and gave me my phone to transfer the 4k but the supplier called and shouted on top his voice that I should not give them penny that he is on his way now to meet me that police can touch the goods he gave me. I stopped the transfer and they collected the 2k I have immediately and dropped me at basilica junction.
Police is now our nightmare in Onitsha as they are harrasing, intimidating, arresting and extorting anyone carrying cartons but criminals are having field day in Onitsha.
Thanks
Re: My Ugly Experience With Police In Onitsha by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 23, 2020
Between police and Nepa who worse pass?

UnaToto

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience With Police In Onitsha by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 23, 2020
For this Corona regime? Oga just sneeze three times cough twice and see how the policemen will beg you to go.

Thank me later

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience With Police In Onitsha by Vega100: 11:26pm On Mar 23, 2020
Because you didn't know your right from left, see what they did with you?... SMH, illiteracy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ugly Experience With Police In Onitsha by soberdrunk(m): 11:32pm On Mar 23, 2020
centpower:
Goodevening n'landers.

My friend in another state called me early in the morning asking me to help him collect some cartons of medicine from his customer at bridgehead market so he could pick them from me.

I told him to call his customer and tell him to arrange the cartons before I will reach the market.
Fast forward; I collected the cartons from his customer, they were packed in a sack for easy movement. Immediately I entered bus the driver saw policemen and wanted to dodge them but they caught. What is the bag?? Come down fast, carry it on your head, put it in our van...they surrounded me like a criminal, let the driver go and pushed me into their van and drove off.
Where are you taking me to, what isy offence, open the bag and search the contents. One replied: when we get to NDLEA office you will explain. Five of them were shouting and intimidating me. He took my phone, search my message and put it in the dashboard. I was devastated. They drove round Onitsha and stopped at the back of CPS, asked me to open the bag. The contents were abonoki balm, bonababe syrup, paracetamol, augmentin. I begged them to let me go with 2k on me but they intimidated me more. They gave me my phone to call someone who will send money for me or they take me to NDLEA Office were I will pay huge amount before coming out. I was asked to bring 30k. I called my friend and he beg and explained to them that it was not a contraband but they asked him to come to Onitsha with his practicing license to bail me. He called his customer in headbridge. The supplier called me and ask me not to give them anything that he is coming. I called another guy who advised me never to shiver but stand my ground and follow me to their station if they insist. The phone was on speaker and he even exchange words with them saying if they detain me more than 24hrs, we will sue them. My moral high. The policemen vexed and seized my phone.

Five of them with guns pushed me into the van saying I must be taken to NDLEA office at 33 Onitsha. My fears vanished, but instead of entering the station at 33, they stopped beside the gate, the OGA wrote my name and state in a paper saying he will put my name in the office before proceeding to NDLEA office, I watched him,carefully, he entered a bar and sat down, the driver asked me how much I hold, I said 2k. He asked the one in my account I told him 4k, he claimed to beg others ony behalf. They turned and drove back to Onitsha, and gave me my phone to transfer the 4k but the supplier called and shouted on top his voice that I should not give them penny that he is on his way now to meet me that police can touch the goods he gave me. I stopped the transfer and they collected the 2k I have immediately and dropped me at basilica junction.
Police is now our nightmare in Onitsha as they are harrasing, intimidating, arresting and extorting anyone carrying cartons but criminals are having field day in Onitsha.
Thanks

They took advantage of your fear......

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience With Police In Onitsha by Kingosytex(m): 11:33pm On Mar 23, 2020
Those bribe taking idiots are the real criminals.

The rot in the police force is bae!!!

NPF is the real Corona, Covid-19 isn't as deadly as the NPF.
Re: My Ugly Experience With Police In Onitsha by Totilopussylick(m): 11:33pm On Mar 23, 2020
You fear too much undecided

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience With Police In Onitsha by charles009(m): 1:05am On Mar 24, 2020
Can you confirm date this happened and where they caught you..

I need this information asap and I promise to inform you accordingly.

Thank you...

2 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience With Police In Onitsha by seankafor(m): 1:19am On Mar 24, 2020
They capitalized on your fear.
Re: My Ugly Experience With Police In Onitsha by Passionate888: 5:36am On Mar 24, 2020
The police has never been your friend.
Re: My Ugly Experience With Police In Onitsha by punisha: 6:00am On Mar 24, 2020
Na wah o....
See stress when u could have Just coughed like ur lungs wan pack up making sure the saliva hits their faces and they will leave u and run.
Re: My Ugly Experience With Police In Onitsha by uboma(m): 8:54am On Mar 24, 2020
soberdrunk:

They took advantage of your fear......

True.
Re: My Ugly Experience With Police In Onitsha by Perfecttouchade: 10:49am On Mar 24, 2020
Police again... Agege boys dealt with them here cheesy https://www.nairaland.com/5752592/sars-beaten-agege-after-damaging
Re: My Ugly Experience With Police In Onitsha by YesNo(m): 1:01pm On Mar 24, 2020
see day light robbery by OUR FRIENDS

(1) (Reply)

[VIDEO] This Is What It Feels Like To Be A Nigerian In China Right Now / Evans The Kidnapper Is Now Broke And Cannot Pay Legal Fees / This Little Boy Is Missing, He Was Kidnapped By Unknown Gunmen In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.