Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,396 members, 7,812,164 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

Used 1999 Honda Accord @ 420k - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Used 1999 Honda Accord @ 420k (1725 Views)

*SOLD**SOLD*My Happy 1999 Honda Civic: Registered / 1999 Honda CRV / 1999 Honda CRV For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Used 1999 Honda Accord @ 420k by skiillzautos(m): 3:59pm On Mar 24, 2020
Fabric Interior,
Automatic Transmission,
Sound System,
Valid Custom duty,
Available for inspection.

Tel: 09024632859

Re: Used 1999 Honda Accord @ 420k by skiillzautos(m): 4:04pm On Mar 24, 2020
more pictures

Re: Used 1999 Honda Accord @ 420k by skiillzautos(m): 4:04pm On Mar 24, 2020
call me
Re: Used 1999 Honda Accord @ 420k by skiillzautos(m): 5:58pm On Mar 24, 2020
still available
Re: Used 1999 Honda Accord @ 420k by fizcoo20(m): 6:42pm On Mar 24, 2020
skiillzautos:
still available
I hear say this type of Honda usually get ball joint problem. True or false.

1 Like

skiillzautos:
still available

1 Like

skiillzautos:
still available

1 Like

Re: Used 1999 Honda Accord @ 420k by skiillzautos(m): 7:04pm On Mar 24, 2020
fizcoo20:

I hear say this type of Honda usually get ball joint problem.
True or false.

all Honda do have ball joint problem, But babyboy is still one of the Strongest car Honda has ever manufactured.

1 Like

Re: Used 1999 Honda Accord @ 420k by eRex(m): 10:16pm On Mar 24, 2020
skiillzautos:

all Honda do have ball joint problem, But babyboy is still one of the Strongest car Honda has ever manufactured.

I tend to disagree...
I am using Honda for 4 years and never had a ball joint problem.
I have changed the ball joint just ones and my road is very bad in Ikorodu.
My wife uses the car daily to and fro work.
Same road I have seen Sequoia, highland, Benz and off cos Honda have their legs pulled out.
However mine has never pulled out.

I term it carelessness to the driver who ever has a leg pull out if not caused by and accident.

Why I think it is most common with Honda is because Honda has a perfect absorber system more perfect than Toyota that you may find it pretty difficult to identify a ball joint noise.

PS: I have driven an EOD which ball joint was at the verge of pulling out. Felt some wobble on the steering that day and decided to do an alignment.
It was in the process of doing the alignment we found out that the ball joint had shifted from the socket. If I had not taken that immediate step to check the alignment, we would have seen one more Honda with leg pull and tagged it a Honda issue.

It all about maintenance

6 Likes

Re: Used 1999 Honda Accord @ 420k by fizcoo20(m): 9:58pm On Apr 04, 2020
eRex:

I tend to disagree...
I am using Honda for 4 years and never had a ball joint problem.
I have changed the ball joint just ones and my road is very bad in Ikorodu.
My wife uses the car daily to and fro work.
Same road I have seen Sequoia, highland, Benz and off cos Honda have their legs pulled out.
However mine has never pulled out.

I term it carelessness to the driver who ever has a leg pull out if not caused by and accident.

Why I think it is most common with Honda is because Honda has a perfect absorber system more perfect than Toyota that you may find it pretty difficult to identify a ball joint noise.

PS: I have driven an EOD which ball joint was at the verge of pulling out. Felt some wobble on the steering that day and decided to do an alignment.
It was in the process of doing the alignment we found out that the ball joint had shifted from the socket. If I had not taken that immediate step to check the alignment, we would have seen one more Honda with leg pull and tagged it a Honda issue.

It all about maintenance

@erex, want to ask about Honda Accord.
His it true d car use to have gear box issues. What of d car fuel economy. Baby boy to be precise.
Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Used 1999 Honda Accord @ 420k by eRex(m): 10:53pm On Apr 04, 2020
fizcoo20:

@erex, want to ask about Honda Accord.
His it true d car use to have gear box issues. What of d car fuel economy. Baby boy to be precise.
Thanks in anticipation.

It is more of paying attention to details.

Senario 1: Four years on mine... I have a gear switch issue... Mine was more direct... during one of the rainy season when I crossed a high level water... The *D* light started blinking and the gear became sluggish.
Gear was still working but I knew the difference.
I took it to a rewire who tested the 3 switches on the body of the gear till we found one switch with a crack... Changed the switch and works fine till date.

Senario 2: my friend bought a babyboy as well (first car) and after a month he the *D* Light was blinking.
He said the gear works just fine and he did several weekend trips with it to Ibadan, Ekiti and co aside the daily trips he does from Ikorodu to yaba... To an fro work...after a year the gear packed up. He just woke up one morning engaged the gear and the gear refuses changing (Like he was driving L1)
He asked me about it until he mentioned that his *D* Light has been blinking for over a year but it never affected car performance so he felt it was a glitch. He ended up selling the car after several trials and error.

Now besides these two scenarios I have experienced others when I purchased a Naija use babyboy. The gear is something I used to fall prey for..(then I don't even use scanners)

there is the overheating type....: Gear runs smooth on the onset and after driving for about an hour gear starts misbehaving... Have had such experience on two Naija used babyboy and the *D* light so not blink at the point of purchase.

So what I do is when I buy a Naija used... I buy fuel and test drive to satisfaction.

PS: For me once the gear is not a switch issue, I got for a total change of gear. Cant be doing trial and error.

Babyboy has great fuel economy once your engine and exhaust system is right.

4 Likes

Re: Used 1999 Honda Accord @ 420k by Humblesam(m): 11:36pm On Apr 04, 2020
Boss..you've said it all.
Before I got my baby boy, I did a Toyota Camry tiny light with a v6 engine,thought it was great aside it high fuel consumption.

But after getting my baby boy for two years now, I don't feel like letting it go, it wasn't new or close to but a Naija used....i was sceptical initially bcoz of all these bolt joint issues and stuff but now I can say that am addicted to the car cuz it serves me to the fullest.
After my monthly service and tightening of d joints, am good and the fuel consumption is very low.
I had wanted to sell the car and buy Peugeot 406 auto but my mechanic adviced me to keep using my car cuz wahala dey for 406 auto, though I don't know how true his statement is.
I will also like to read from guys who are using d Peugeot 406 auto....
All in all Baby boy when serviced as at when due can be enjoyable and trustworthy on the road.

2 Likes

Re: Used 1999 Honda Accord @ 420k by eRex(m): 11:56pm On Apr 04, 2020
Humblesam:
Boss..you've said it all.
Before I got my baby boy, I did a Toyota Camry tiny light with a v6 engine,thought it was great aside it high fuel consumption.

But after getting my baby boy for two years now, I don't feel like letting it go, it wasn't new or close to but a Naija used....i was sceptical initially bcoz of all these bolt joint issues and stuff but now I can say that am addicted to the car cuz it serves me to the fullest.
After my monthly service and tightening of d joints, am good and the fuel consumption is very low.
I had wanted to sell the car and buy Peugeot 406 auto but my mechanic adviced me to keep using my car cuz wahala dey for 406 auto, though I don't know how true his statement is.
I will also like to read from guys who are using d Peugeot 406 auto....
All in all Baby boy when serviced as at when due can be enjoyable and trustworthy on the road.

Heard sane thing about 406 auto once they reach a particular mileage... But I can't judge ... Let those who use it give their experiences
Re: Used 1999 Honda Accord @ 420k by Humblesam(m): 7:42am On Apr 05, 2020
eRex:

Heard sane thing about 406 auto once they reach a particular mileage... But I can't judge ... Let those who use it give their experiences
Honestly, I think I should just continue to use my car for now instead of attempting to dip my feet into an unknown water. But will appreciate more info about this 406 auto ride.
And besides, it's been suspicious seeing more of the manual and few of d auto of this very Peugeot model.
I will also want to know d reason for that too.
Re: Used 1999 Honda Accord @ 420k by fizcoo20(m): 1:20pm On Apr 05, 2020
eRex:

Senario 1: Four years on mine... I have a gear switch issue... Mine was more direct... during one of the rainy season when I crossed a high level water... The *D* light started blinking and the gear became sluggish.
I took it to a rewire who tested the 3 switches on the body of the gear till we found one switch with a crack... Changed the switch and works fine till date.

Senario 2: my friend bought a babyboy as well (first car) and after a month he the *D* Light was blinking.
He said the gear works just fine and he did several weekend trips with it to Ibadan, Ekiti and co aside the daily trips he does from Ikorodu to yaba... To an fro work...after a year the gear packed up. He just woke up one morning engaged the gear and the gear refuses changing (Like he was driving L1)
He asked me about it until he mentioned that his *D* Light has been blinking for over a year but it never affected car performance so he felt it was a glitch. He ended up selling the car after several trials and error.

Now besides these two scenarios I have experienced others when I purchased a Naija use babyboy. The gear is something I used to fall prey for..(then I don't even use scanners)

there is the overheating type....: Gear runs smooth on the onset and after driving for about an hour gear starts misbehaving... Have had such experience on two Naija used babyboy and the *D* light so not blink at the point of purchase.

So what I do is when I buy a Naija used... I buy fuel and test drive to satisfaction.

PS: For me once the gear is not a switch issue, I got for a total change of gear. Cant be doing trial and error.

@erex, thanks for your explanation. I appreciate.
How much are dey d gear box for baby boy.
Also, hope their part is cheap and not scarce.
Thanks in anticipation. Good afternoon sir.
Re: Used 1999 Honda Accord @ 420k by eRex(m): 2:24pm On Apr 05, 2020
fizcoo20:

@erex, thanks for your explanation. I appreciate.
How much are dey d gear box for baby boy.
Also, hope their part is cheap and not scarce.
Thanks in anticipation. Good afternoon sir.

Honda parts are very much available mostly in Oyingbo..

Don't know about the price for a 4plug gear
But the V6 gear was about 65-70k when my friend wanted to change his before he sold car off.
Ie: the 4plug gear may just be within that range cos the V6 gear Alps goes for odyssey and co.
Re: Used 1999 Honda Accord @ 420k by searchng4love: 2:28pm On Apr 05, 2020
eRex:

But the V6 gear was about 65-70k when my friend wanted to change his before he sold car off.
Ie: the 4plug gear may just be within that range cos the V6 gear Alps goes for odyssey and co.

Luvinhubby adanny01
Re: Used 1999 Honda Accord @ 420k by cletz991(m): 4:45pm On Apr 05, 2020
eRex:

so the d light blinking means the gear has fault.my bulldog has been blinking for a while now
Re: Used 1999 Honda Accord @ 420k by fizcoo20(m): 4:48pm On Apr 05, 2020
eRex:

Thanks sir.
Re: Used 1999 Honda Accord @ 420k by eRex(m): 6:43pm On Apr 05, 2020
cletz991:
so the d light blinking means the gear has fault.my bulldog has been blinking for a while now

Gear might still function normally... But it good to have it checked out... It a sign the gear system is not ok.
Re: Used 1999 Honda Accord @ 420k by atomicdele(m): 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2020
Honda cars have always been better than Toyota.....in everything

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Used 1999 Honda Accord @ 420k by fizcoo20(m): 9:52pm On Apr 05, 2020
atomicdele:
Honda cars have always been better than Toyota.....in everything

Really, why do you say so, u have d both Ryt.
But don't why pple condemn Honda like dat.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla 2011 Model For Sale 1.950k / *Sold* Super clean Toks 2005 Toyota Matrix Xr Silver 1.650m Sold / Sold!!!Registered Honda CRV 99:600k.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.