|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,522,251 members, 5,768,077 topics. Date: Monday, 03 August 2020 at 09:43 PM
China To Donate 1,000 Ventilators To Help New York In Coronavirus Fight / COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos / Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister (2) (3) (4)
|CORONA VIRUS: Abuja Has Less Than 50 Functional Ventilators. Don't But Be Deceiv by Trutalker123: 6:50pm On Mar 24|
While the state of New York currently have about 7000 ventilators and requires about 30,000 which are being designed to serve more than one person per ventilator, to be ready between 5-8weeks (source: gov cuomo, CNN),
Nigeria as a country cannot boast of 1000 ventilators. In fact, the punch newspaper today (24th March, 2020) put the total number of ventilators in the country at 500.
Findings from reliable sources in ABUJA reveal that
1. NATIONAL HOSPITAL, being the pride of the nation in terms of health care delivery has only 4 functional ventilators. Originally, the hospital have just 15 ventilators but they have all packed up due to nonchalant attitude towards maintenance of the equipment by the current Hospital management. Only 4 ventilators are functioning and could pack up any moment.
2. Gwagwalada Specialist hospital. Sources reveal the hospital has about 2 functional ventilators despite is size in addition to being a university teaching Hospital. With recent claims by Reno that 1 of the ventilators has been smuggled out of the hospital, only 1 ventilator is left to attend the the public. Ho is that imaginable?.
3. Ceder Crest: sources reveal it has 4 ventilators although, it is a private Hospital. Corona virus cases are treated in government hospitals and besides, no private Hospital owner will want Covid-19 to spoil their business. That is why they will quickly refer suspicious cases to the government owned hospital. Other hospitals with ventilators includes
4. Nesa premier: about 4 ventilators
5. Julius berger medical services: only 1 mobile ventilators (ambulance installed). Non in the facility.
Nigerians Turkish: about 2 ventilators.
Other top notch hospitals with ventilators in Abuja don't have up to 3 as the machine is expensive (about $25,000 per ventilator). Not all private hospitals can afford the luxury of such
The government Hospitals that these men in government refuse to fix are the same hospital they now rely on for their treatment as they cannot fly out of the country as all international borders are closed.
I hope this will teach the political leadership a very big lesson on the need to develop their own health care system.
Don't be deceived by the information being put forward that we are ready. If you see a government that is ready, you will know
|Re: CORONA VIRUS: Abuja Has Less Than 50 Functional Ventilators. Don't But Be Deceiv by money121(m): 6:50pm On Mar 24|
|Re: CORONA VIRUS: Abuja Has Less Than 50 Functional Ventilators. Don't But Be Deceiv by chatinent(m): 12:47pm On Aug 02|
Trutalker123, good morning, sir. I received your mail request. I'm sorry, that email is inactive. Please contact me via this link: Juderichlord@gmail.com
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49