Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,494 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

The Hyenas Painful Childbirth - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / The Hyenas Painful Childbirth (981 Views)

Painful Story Of Dino (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hyenas Painful Childbirth by Builderman(m): 10:55pm On Mar 24, 2020
This Animal Has The Most Painful Childbirth, It Also Dies During Childbirth.

Yes for the hyena… It is true that among female primates human females are unique in risking death and injury each time they gave birth. The other great apes and primates don’t suffer from this, and I had not really read of other female species that die giving birth to their young. It seems that most other mammals give birth to much tinier tiny babies than humans relative to their body size; I don’t know this as I am just guessing.

However, I think the hyena has the worst childbirth of any mammal.

The female hyena’s birth canal is V-shaped AND twice the usual length for a mammal her size, so that the baby has to travel quite a distance and make a 180 degree turn on its journey into the outside world.

She has no vagina and the birth canal leads into the clitoris, which sticks out 7 inches, rather like a penis (called a pseudo-penis. As the baby is squeezed out through this long clitoris tube, the clitoris itself is stretched and often tears.

Interestingly, this pseudo-penis is her sex organ; yes, that tiny exit hole through her pseudo-penis is where the male hyena penetrates her. Thus, hyena sex is very difficult without the full cooperation of the female. Also, sex seems quite painful for both male and female hyenas. Forced sex is not an option in this female dominated society.

Many first time hyena mothers die giving birth, and 60% of infants being born to first time mothers suffocate and die passing through ‘the eye of this needle’.
Re: The Hyenas Painful Childbirth by mekaw(m): 11:17pm On Mar 24, 2020
ok
Re: The Hyenas Painful Childbirth by tobilavish(m): 12:53am On Mar 26, 2020
Fr?
Re: The Hyenas Painful Childbirth by dayveed1(m): 9:52pm On Mar 26, 2020
Pictures

(1) (Reply)

Male And Female Mongrel For Sale. 09062982444 / What Breed Some People Tell Me It Terrier Mix With Nigerian Shepard Breed / GSD Stud needed Around Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.