Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,855 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements (18297 Views)

Leukemia, The Disease That Killed Rotimi Akeredolu / Coronavirus: UK Returnee Causes Panic In Ondo Community, Self-Isolates / FMC In Nasarawa State Isolates Five With Suspected Coronavirus Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements by NLSOFT: 6:54am On Mar 25, 2020
And People Are Still Believing There Is No Corona Virus In Nigeria

Pray For Nigeria.. NOW
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements by chatinent: 6:54am On Mar 25, 2020
Doom
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements by GermanMelania: 6:55am On Mar 25, 2020
I was all about akeredolu until i saw the money tbey collected for that useless bridge. Bleep this guy. They should use the money order ventilators from Innoson.
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements by temptnow: 6:56am On Mar 25, 2020
ebonytarki:
This isn't funny....is it pride to ask China how they were able to fight this? Something has to be done fast o

Ask which China? The whole world ignored them when they were dying. No one cared to say pray for China. But people were making carricature about their suffering.

Even one American politician said on CNN that maybe this is a good news for the world that China Economy will go down and drown for good.

The Western countries thought it's a China thing just like Sars
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements by Arielle: 6:58am On Mar 25, 2020
Freehuman:
This message is a reply. The comment which my argument replies was given in a Coronavirus thread . This reply is valid, factual and does not break any rule of Nairaland.

Not up to Ten centuries ago when modern science was still young, Galileo Galilei, a Catholic, was standing before a criminal court which was also Ecclesiastical (christian bishops were part of the court). Skeptical Galileo had worked on his telescope , he was not lying. He saw that there were other planets and that the Earth revolved around the sun. In his time, religion was mixed with governance and not distinct from the State of Rome.

Galileo, like other scientists of his time , was at the verge of being sentenced to death for apostasy and blasphemy. The government not only beheaded scientists in that dark age, but also hung and burnt them on stake. Why was the Father of Modern Day Astronomy, the one whose foundational argument about the solar system has led to the establishment of space organizations like NASA today, risking a death sentence at a christian court?

The answer is simple. According to Joshua in the Bible when he went to war (would be termed a genocide today) he prayed to God and the "Sun stood still". The christian court argued that if Joshua in the Bible agreed that it was the "sun that stood still" then it means the sun was the moving solar body for nothing that does not move can stand still. The Christian court also argued that David in his Psalms acknowledged that God makes sun to rise from the East and set in the West. How then could a "stupid scientist" argue that the sun does not move . How could such "fool" rather the earth revolves.

There is no doubt that Galileo was a Catholic and a christian. But there is huge doubt that Christianity influenced his breakthrough in science. Christianity wanted to alter , disrupt and hinder his breakthrough. Christianity wanted him dead for apostasy and blasphemy even though he agreed to being a Christian. What do you think would happen if he outrightly said he was not one?

That's the story you do not see. When we talk about science and religion , we are not asking whether a Christian, Muslim , Buddhist or Atheist made a positive breakthrough in science. No, the procedures of science are Universal and as long as a person of any religion , race or gender follows that procedure, he will arrive at a scientific and real conclusion.
When we argue about science and religion we argue whether a telescope or a bible gave humanity initial knowledge about the status of the solar system.

When we argue about science and religion we argue whether it is a hand sanitizer (based on reason) or an anointing oil ( based on faith ) that washes away strains of the Coronavirus in our palms.

Seun, the Founder of this forum, is an atheist. My last paragraph replies yours.

Spot on! One milion likes!! Piggy-backing on something they tried to destroy.

2 Likes

Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements by Sheriman(m): 6:59am On Mar 25, 2020
Egungun Don enter Express oooooooooooooooooooo!!! marck don jam egungun!!
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements by Jaspernubi: 7:01am On Mar 25, 2020
These Politician are using this term "self isolate" as if it is the new honor in town
Those who they were supposed to be serving who have self isolated for several diseases and illness without medical care hardly use the word
and these are the people most affected by the Covid 19
All politician are singing self isolation like the new tune of National anthem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVQHKhs4mWI
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements by ebonytarki(m): 7:03am On Mar 25, 2020
But this isn't getting funny at all. On God anyway
temptnow:

Ask which China? The whole world ignored them when they were dying. No one cared to say pray for China. But people were making carricature about their suffering.

Even one American politician said on CNN that maybe this is a good news for the world that China Economy will go down and drown for good.

The Western countries thought it's a China thing just like Sars
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements by Angelfrost(m): 7:20am On Mar 25, 2020
bro4u:
For humanity sake, coming together now to fight this virus irrespective of our political, religious or social affiliation should be on everyone mind now. You think the Elites having it will keep you and your family safe? But I say you're wrong.

Nigerian Medical Association had to cancel it's strike because it knows the destructive nature of the virus yet I see kids here being happy whenever a case is confirmed especially among the leaders forgetting that the higher the number of positive case the vulnerable they become.

Please, leave the oppressed and displeased "kids" to be happy at the downfall of their failed leaders...

Your equanimity won't stop the inevitable... Your leaders had a fat chance to keep the nation virus free, but chose to sate their selfish needs at the expense of a struggling population of millions... Is that not a crime against humanity??!

Preach ways forward to end this colossal mistake of leadership, but don't try to deprive people of their moments of pleasure and respite. Thank you.
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements by bro4u: 7:30am On Mar 25, 2020
Angelfrost:

Please, leave the oppressed and displeased "kids" to be happy at the downfall of their failed leaders...

Your equanimity won't stop the inevitable... Your leaders had a fat chance to keep the nation virus free, but chose to sate their selfish needs at the expense of a struggling population of millions... Is that not a crime against humanity??!

Preach ways forward to end this colossal mistake of leadership, but don't try to deprive people of their moments of pleasure and respite. Thank you.
Pleasure you say Hopeless; they'll be no need to convince you otherwise.
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements by macaranta(m): 7:31am On Mar 25, 2020
bro4u:
For humanity sake, coming together now to fight this virus irrespective of our political, religious or social affiliation should be on everyone mind now. You think the Elites having it will keep you and your family safe? But I say you're wrong.

Nigerian Medical Association had to cancel it's strike because it knows the destructive nature of the virus yet I see kids here being happy whenever a case is confirmed especially among the leaders forgetting that the higher the number of positive case the vulnerable they become.

Cutting off their noses just to spite their face. That's what rejoicing over the leaders having covid actually is.
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements by ndcide(m): 8:52am On Mar 25, 2020
jericco1:
How can he not know if he made contact with the Bauchi state governor. Is he a baby? Keep on playing politics with his life. There is no shame in coming in contact with someone that has the virus.
The only thing I can say is that they brought this upon themselves, when it comes for them to be proactive and sensitive, they turn blind eyes.
May all who have been affected recover in Jesus name Amen!

So if you stand close to someone, you have contracted the virus?

Lets not sensationalized this thing nau
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements by jaxxy(m): 8:54am On Mar 25, 2020
Freehuman:
This message is a reply. The comment which my argument replies was given in a Coronavirus thread . This reply is valid, factual and does not break any rule of Nairaland.

Not up to Ten centuries ago when modern science was still young, Galileo Galilei, a Catholic, was standing before a criminal court which was also Ecclesiastical (christian bishops were part of the court). Skeptical Galileo had worked on his telescope , he was not lying. He saw that there were other planets and that the Earth revolved around the sun. In his time, religion was mixed with governance and not distinct from the State of Rome.

Galileo, like other scientists of his time , was at the verge of being sentenced to death for apostasy and blasphemy. The government not only beheaded scientists in that dark age, but also hung and burnt them on stake. Why was the Father of Modern Day Astronomy, the one whose foundational argument about the solar system has led to the establishment of space organizations like NASA today, risking a death sentence at a christian court?

The answer is simple. According to Joshua in the Bible when he went to war (would be termed a genocide today) he prayed to God and the "Sun stood still". The christian court argued that if Joshua in the Bible agreed that it was the "sun that stood still" then it means the sun was the moving solar body for nothing that does not move can stand still. The Christian court also argued that David in his Psalms acknowledged that God makes sun to rise from the East and set in the West. How then could a "stupid scientist" argue that the sun does not move . How could such "fool" rather the earth revolves.

There is no doubt that Galileo was a Catholic and a christian. But there is huge doubt that Christianity influenced his breakthrough in science. Christianity wanted to alter , disrupt and hinder his breakthrough. Christianity wanted him dead for apostasy and blasphemy even though he agreed to being a Christian. What do you think would happen if he outrightly said he was not one?

That's the story you do not see. When we talk about science and religion , we are not asking whether a Christian, Muslim , Buddhist or Atheist made a positive breakthrough in science. No, the procedures of science are Universal and as long as a person of any religion , race or gender follows that procedure, he will arrive at a scientific and real conclusion.
When we argue about science and religion we argue whether a telescope or a bible gave humanity initial knowledge about the status of the solar system.

When we argue about science and religion we argue whether it is a hand sanitizer (based on reason) or an anointing oil ( based on faith ) that washes away strains of the Coronavirus in our palms.

Seun, the Founder of this forum, is an atheist. My last paragraph replies yours.

The founders of google are Jews. U realize that?

I wud rather the Atheists explain how he came about the fact that there is no God than trying to twist facts about Christianity.

As far as Ure on the earth we still call it sunrise and sunset cos that’s how it appears. If ur in outter space u will call it smtnelse depending on how u see it. Let’s leave the attacks on Joshua story and ur unnecessary genocide claims in a era where we all know wars wear fought regularly to conquer or defend lands and territory.
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements by DavidEsq(m): 9:09am On Mar 25, 2020
temptnow:
The whole Corona virus thing is now showing on our useless politicians who have turned themselves to Aso Ebi that attend weddings in pack. If there's a wedding in sambisa forest they are there, if it's in Bauchi they're all there.

That Abba kyari guy, there's no way he won't have multiple contacts with Buhari to give him reports of his journey to Siemens office in Germany.

Trust Aso rock people at your peril, kyari turned himself into a mini god who wants to control everything. Now he's the one who has brought in Trodjan horse virus into the Villa. Buhari and his forty thieves can deny positive results all they want, but the truth will be known in 14 days or more
Forty thieves, off me grin grin grin grin. So Buhari is Ali Baba grin grin grin
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements by MrRichmond: 9:33am On Mar 25, 2020
Freehuman:

Not trying to fault your argument. However, modern science proves that the sun does move and actually revolves around a super massive blackhole in the center of the milky way galaxy.

So the Catholics were right, but they didn't have the proper knowledge behind it.
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 25, 2020
Freehuman:

Good morning my good Sir. Your dissertation is very impressive and not full of insults unlike many in the religion section who hide their illiteracy under the veil of enlightenment.
Galileo has always fascinated me. The intricacies of his mind in a time when science has not advanced is just mindblowing. was a ardent Christian till the day of his death and his persecution and persecution of Copernicus before him has absolutely nothing to do with religion and everything to do with politics. Let me explain.

Way back when , the Catholic Church controlled over 60% of the free world, every king , queen or emperor answers to the system one way or another. By political maneuvering that still confounds me till today , they indirectly rule the world ( some day they still do). They did that by making the church the sole conduit in which God can be found. Take note, the world then was a very religious world , and making the church the only avenue to God subjugated entire empires and made even kings answerable to the pope. If you don’t believe me, make some research. Back to Galileo , proposed a theory that will take away the awe and wonder of God and our warped view of us being created specially by God from the people therefore acting in direct conflict with the church’s teachings. They wanted the masses to believe something so they can control them , was just a scientist that did not understand the political implication of what he was doing and that’s why he was persecuted and kept under house arrest for most of his life.

Personally I believe in God. But I believe religion has failed us. I believe all man should look for and find God in his own way because something as simple as God’s existence and the subsequent growth of humanity as been completely complicated by religion in other to serve their interests. Religion is simple , Man complicated it by borrowing pagan traditions( Christmas), taking allegorical stories as facts ( Mannafrom heaven )Myths ( Parting the Red Sea) and constituted beliefs of the pagan ( God eating which we made the communion and the Egyptian Sun-Day which we made our day of worship despite God telling us to keep the sabbath day holy) and so on

I’ve said too much. I hope you have the patience to read my essay. I hope it makes sense to you. God bless you sir.
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 25, 2020
OJLion:

Good morning my good Sir. Your dissertation is very impressive and not full of insults unlike many in the religion section who hide their illiteracy under the veil of enlightenment.
Galileo has always fascinated me. The intricacies of his mind in a time when science has not advanced is just mindblowing. was a ardent Christian till the day of his death and his persecution and persecution of Copernicus before him has absolutely nothing to do with religion and everything to do with politics. Let me explain.

Way back when , the Catholic Church controlled over 60% of the free world, every king , queen or emperor answers to the system one way or another. By political maneuvering that still confounds me till today , they indirectly rule the world ( some day they still do). They did that by making the church the sole conduit in which God can be found. Take note, the world then was a very religious world , and making the church the only avenue to God subjugated entire empires and made even kings answerable to the pope. If you don’t believe me, make some research. Back to Galileo , proposed a theory that will take away the awe and wonder of God and our warped view of us being created specially by God from the people therefore acting in direct conflict with the church’s teachings. They wanted the masses to believe something so they can control them , was just a scientist that did not understand the political implication of what he was doing and that’s why he was persecuted and kept under house arrest for most of his life.

Personally I believe in God. But I believe religion has failed us. I believe all man should look for and find God in his own way because something as simple as God’s existence and the subsequent growth of humanity as been completely complicated by religion in other to serve their interests. Religion is simple , Man complicated it by borrowing pagan traditions( Christmas), taking allegorical stories as facts ( Mannafrom heaven )Myths ( Parting the Red Sea) and constituted beliefs of the pagan ( God eating which we made the communion and the Egyptian Sun-Day which we made our day of worship despite God telling us to keep the sabbath day holy) and so on

I’ve said too much. I hope you have the patience to read my essay. I hope it makes sense to you. God bless you sir.

I read your essay. You are intelligent. I share your view. I believe a big entity out there played a role in our existence. I only doubt organized religion. Once again, you are intelligent!
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 25, 2020
MrRichmond:

Not trying to fault your argument. However, modern science proves that the sun does move and actually revolves around a super massive blackhole in the center of the milky way galaxy.

So the Catholics were right, but they didn't have the proper knowledge behind it.

No, they were wrong. The movement of the sun , they said , causes day and night. It is the movement of the earth around the sun that causes day and night.

We all know the sun is a star in its middle age . It will even fall one day. You know what the Church inferred . Argue objectively not subjectively. Thanks.
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements by einsteine(m): 11:59am On Mar 25, 2020
jaxxy:

The founders of google are Jews. U realize that?

I wud rather the Atheists explain how he came about the fact that there is no God than trying to twist facts about Christianity.

As far as Ure on the earth we still call it sunrise and sunset cos that’s how it appears. If ur in outter space u will call it smtnelse depending on how u see it. Let’s leave the attacks on Joshua story and ur unnecessary genocide claims in a era where we all know wars wear fought regularly to conquer or defend lands and territory.

They are ethnic Jews.

Judaism is not their religion.

And shut up.
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements by jaxxy(m): 12:08pm On Mar 25, 2020
einsteine:

They are ethnic Jews.

Judaism is not their religion.

And shut up.

Go and tell them that now.

So what is their religion then? grin

The fact u want to be atheist doesn't mean u shud loose ur manners. U can make u point like a civilized humanbeing.
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements by einsteine(m): 12:36pm On Mar 25, 2020
jaxxy:

Go and tell them that now.

So what is their religion then? grin

The fact u want to be atheist doesn't mean u shud loose ur manners. U can make u point like a civilized humanbeing.

They are atheists.

You don't understand the difference between ethnicity and religion.

The rapper Drake is a Jew (ethnicity) but he does not worship in a synagogue.

Don't confuse yourself.
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements by jaxxy(m): 12:40pm On Mar 25, 2020
einsteine:

They are atheists.

You don't understand the difference between ethnicity and religion.

The rapper Drake is a Jew (ethnicity) but he does not worship in a synagogue.

Don't confuse yourself.

And they told u to they are no longer Jews bt Atheists? grin

Did drake tell u or state it categorically he’s at Atheists? The guy who sang God’s plan? grin

Dude get real grin

Or Keep fantasizing.
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements by Zontage: 2:03pm On Mar 25, 2020
If this man happens to be positive, then it is finished. Imo state has automatically entered the list.

Dude was in Emeabiam in Owerri West few weeks ago for the in-laws burial. I believed he must have made physical contacts there as well.
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements by Dollabiz: 4:23pm On Mar 25, 2020
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. / Faeces Take Over Premises Of Lagos General Hospital / Ebola Spread: What Nigerians Should Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.