Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,553 members, 7,955,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:38 PM

Fellow Nigerians, How Do I Go About This Issue During This Corona Virus Epidemic - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fellow Nigerians, How Do I Go About This Issue During This Corona Virus Epidemic (559 Views)

Duolingo Replacing IELTS, TOEFL, PTE Exam During This Corona Virus Period. / Remove your mind from corona virus figures and put it on this figure / Let This Shape Take Your Mind Away From Corona Virus (mr Shape) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fellow Nigerians, How Do I Go About This Issue During This Corona Virus Epidemic by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 25, 2020
Good morning guys,
I 'm a 300 level student of UNN, Nsukka Campus. The school has been on lockdown since the 23rd of March and it could go on for over a month due to the Corona virus issue. Students have been chased out from the school hostels too.
I stay in a lodge outside school and actually I m based in Lagos. Due to the way cases double daily in Lagos, I and my younger brother decided to stay back at Nsukka. Since Nsukka is very safe and quiet at this moment. On a normal, we rarely go out, so during this trying times, we won't actually go out unless we want to buy something.
Now the problem is that my dad is not ok with it. He wants us home immediately and has threatened not to send us feeding money if we don't comply. Travelling is not my problem, the only issue is coming in contact with an infected person in Lagos.
As of today, NCDC reported 46 confirmed cases, who knows , there might be hundreds of people having that virus with no symptoms and they will be passing it to other people unknowingly.
I don't want to risk contacting and passing these virus to my parents. They are middle aged and I heard it affects elderly people more. You all know how over-crowded Lagos can be plus I live at Badagry. I must v come in close contact with many people before reaching Badagry.
Please I need your advice. I m confused, I don't know what to do. I m even considering taking the risk to travel as I heavily depend on my parents for money and I m very broke right now.
Pls no insults, and I 'm sorry for the lengthy post. Thanks so much
Re: Fellow Nigerians, How Do I Go About This Issue During This Corona Virus Epidemic by Davash222(m): 9:09am On Mar 25, 2020
So, those staying in Lagos don die finish be that na.

Since, you’re dependent on your parents, go home and help them out. Dicck wey you dey collect since year one never still do you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fellow Nigerians, How Do I Go About This Issue During This Corona Virus Epidemic by Aammee77: 9:11am On Mar 25, 2020
Stay safe where you are, journey to lagos at this time is unpredictable as most cities are on lockdown. Convince your dad to send money so you can stock up food.....
Re: Fellow Nigerians, How Do I Go About This Issue During This Corona Virus Epidemic by Davash222(m): 9:16am On Mar 25, 2020
Aammee77:
Stay safe where you are, journey to lagos at this time is unpredictable as most cities are on lockdown. Convince your dad to send money so you can stock up food.....
As if the dad plants money at his backyard.
He should go home. He will be safer and well fed at home.

1 Like

Re: Fellow Nigerians, How Do I Go About This Issue During This Corona Virus Epidemic by Deltayankeeboi: 9:17am On Mar 25, 2020
embarassed

Evil child.

The reason you don't want to go home is because you are not tired of the dickk you are getting in school. You are only using virus as an excuse.

Look at your moniker, who knows if you have even started smoking as a girl.

1 Like

Re: Fellow Nigerians, How Do I Go About This Issue During This Corona Virus Epidemic by KaideeGee(m): 9:18am On Mar 25, 2020
If u have explained the situation to ur father and he doesn't see it the same way with you, then no problem, do as he says, afterall, as you said, you heavily depend on him finiancially, if you paraventure, contract the virus (GOD FORBID), He will also be affected.

All the same, i think he doesn't trust you, maybe he thinks you are wayward or you can't take care of yourself. It is just his parental instinct nudging him to make sure you are safe.

Just my thought though
Re: Fellow Nigerians, How Do I Go About This Issue During This Corona Virus Epidemic by Aammee77: 9:24am On Mar 25, 2020
Davash222:

As if the dad plants money at his backyard.
He should go home. He will be safer and well fed at home.
What if they don't make it down home safely or come in contact with the virus while on transit? I guess you are sure her dad planted food in the backyard.
Re: Fellow Nigerians, How Do I Go About This Issue During This Corona Virus Epidemic by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 25, 2020
KaideeGee:
If u have explained the situation to ur father and he doesn't see it the same way with you, then no problem, do as he says, afterall, as you said, you heavily depend on him finiancially, if you paraventure, contract the virus (GOD FORBID), He will also be affected.

All the same, i think he doesn't trust you, maybe he thinks you are wayward or you can't take care of yourself. It is just his parental instinct nudging him to make sure you are safe.

Just my thought though
Thanks a lot. My dad is usually very overprotective. Once school vacates, he would want me to start coming home the following day
Re: Fellow Nigerians, How Do I Go About This Issue During This Corona Virus Epidemic by Davash222(m): 9:25am On Mar 25, 2020
Aammee77:

What if they doesn't make it down home safely or come in contact with the virus while on transit? I guess you are sure his dad planted food in the backyard.
The reason they closed the school is for the students to go home not to stay in hostel.
Re: Fellow Nigerians, How Do I Go About This Issue During This Corona Virus Epidemic by daddytime(m): 9:26am On Mar 25, 2020
Daddy doesn't trust his little girl's reasons for wanting to stay back.

Just imagine a daddy who frolics with smallies (not saying your daddy does oh), the kind thing wey go dey run riot for him mind na only God know.

Just kukuma go home, if you dash dem Coro God go forgive you.
Re: Fellow Nigerians, How Do I Go About This Issue During This Corona Virus Epidemic by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 25, 2020
Davash222:

Since, you’re dependent on your parents, go home and help them out. That girl that is making you not to travel might be getting another gbola at your back. Use your head!
Nobody brainwashed me into this. All of my friends that live in Lagos have gone home. I m currently undergoing lesson for a failed course too. I just decided not to come home since NSK is already safe
Re: Fellow Nigerians, How Do I Go About This Issue During This Corona Virus Epidemic by KaideeGee(m): 9:28am On Mar 25, 2020
Maryjane001:

Thanks a lot. My dad is usually very overprotective. Once school vacates, he would want me to start coming home the following day

I'm glad i could be of help
Re: Fellow Nigerians, How Do I Go About This Issue During This Corona Virus Epidemic by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 25, 2020
Davash222:

Since, you’re dependent on your parents, go home and help them out. Dicck wey you dey collect since year one never still do you
I 'm sorry but I am not the kind of girl you portray me to be. Thanks for your contribution
Re: Fellow Nigerians, How Do I Go About This Issue During This Corona Virus Epidemic by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 25, 2020
Deltayankeeboi:
embarassed

Evil child.

The reason you don't want to go home is because you are not tired of the dickk you are getting in school. You are only using virus as an excuse.

Look at your moniker, who knows if you have even started smoking as a girl.
I m sorry but I m not that kind of girl you portray me to be. Thanks for your contribution
Re: Fellow Nigerians, How Do I Go About This Issue During This Corona Virus Epidemic by Davash222(m): 9:33am On Mar 25, 2020
Maryjane001:

I m sorry but I m not that kind of girl you portray me to be. Thanks for your contribution
Be deceiving yourself.
Re: Fellow Nigerians, How Do I Go About This Issue During This Corona Virus Epidemic by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 25, 2020
Davash222:

Be deceiving yourself.
Ok, thanks a lot
Re: Fellow Nigerians, How Do I Go About This Issue During This Corona Virus Epidemic by Deltayankeeboi: 9:40am On Mar 25, 2020
Maryjane001:

Don't care the kind of girl you are. Go home. You are not the only one travelling this period.
Re: Fellow Nigerians, How Do I Go About This Issue During This Corona Virus Epidemic by Obaman12: 12:53pm On Mar 31, 2020
Maryjane001:

Ok, thanks a lot

I love your personality girl.

1 Like

Re: Fellow Nigerians, How Do I Go About This Issue During This Corona Virus Epidemic by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 31, 2020
Obaman12:

I love your personality girl.
Thanks
Re: Fellow Nigerians, How Do I Go About This Issue During This Corona Virus Epidemic by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 31, 2020
If there is still.possible movements from where you stay to Lagos, u and your brother should kit up and go home.
U would have gone when others were going.
How do u expect your parents to sleep well when u guys are far away and the future is blink?

U didn't make the right and smart choice.
Buy face mask, sanitizer and kit up. Go home. U took a very big risk. Bad boys are around and they don't care about corona when cash is empty. Be wise

(1) (Reply)

Can I Get Engineering With This Jamb Score / Crowd1 Impossible Is Nothing / Good News JAMB Registrar Reveals When Students Will Rewrite The 2021 UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.