Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,378 members, 7,822,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Cesc Febregas Why I Left Arsenal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cesc Febregas Why I Left Arsenal (342 Views)

"Cristiano Ronaldo Is Overhyped, Scores From Set-Pieces" - Cesc Fabregas / Cesc Fabgeras Weds Daniella Semaan, Mother Of Five (Photos) / Cesc Fabregas Trolls Victor Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cesc Febregas Why I Left Arsenal by Hugo7(m): 2:28pm On Mar 25, 2020
Especially in the last two or three years, I felt Robin and Samir were the only players – it’s not an arrogant thing to say, it’s how I felt at that time – were the players who were at my level mentally and technically.

The Spaniard said he left the Gunners for a number of reasons from not be able to cope with the pressure as captain, the team's inability to sign players and poor relationship with his team-mates.

Cesc Fabregas joined the Gunners at a very young age from Barcelona where he later moved on to London club Chelsea, the world cup winner currently plays in league 1 for Monaco.

In an interview with Arseblog, the 32-year-old spoke openly about his decision to leave Arsenal in 2011.

“I was the captain, I always felt so much pressure on myself,” Fabregas said. “I had to lead this team to win something. I gave everything. Sometimes, I used to go home after we lost and I used to cry.

I used to suffer, I used to spend sleepless nights suffering. And then you lose a game, you’re on the bus like this, destroyed, and then you hear some players laughing, thinking about where they will be going out later.

“This was going on for a few years. We were playing beautiful football and I enjoyed that side of things but I was putting pressure on myself to lead, to do everything and at one point I felt kind of lonely.

“Especially in the last two or three years, I felt Robin and Samir were the only players – it’s not an arrogant thing to say, it’s how I felt at that time – were the players who were at my level mentally and technically.

Many things came in my head, I have to admit I was a bit empty, I was drained mentally, physically, in my soul knowing I’m giving everything, knowing a few signings the club could have made but didn’t happen.

“Seeing some behaviors from certain players or something like this made me feel I wanted to check something else. If it was not because of that, I would not have left Arsenal at that time.”

The former Barcelona Midfielder made 303 appearances for the Arsene Wenger Managed team after nine years.

https://www.sportelo.com.ng/cesc-fabregas-i-left-arsenal-because-robin-and-samir-were-the-only-players-at-my-level/

(1) (Reply)

Emiliano Sara's Last Word Before Plane Crash / How Haaland And Kane Are Delaying Man United Decision On Ighalo / I Didn’t Bring Coronavirus To Africa So Expect No Funds From Me – Adebayor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.