Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,746 members, 7,827,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos (2028 Views)

Local Chicken Farming A New Oil Money. / Is Snake Farming A Profitable Business? / Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by easybreez(m): 3:35pm On Mar 25, 2020
This thread is created to show you the various practical steps I will be embarking on as a young farmer in other to
1.encourage the youths saying there is no job
2.for others to learn as a beginner
3.for those with experience to correct me where am going wrong
4. To be encouraged too by the public because my success in this will rely on God and your encouragement thanks
Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by easybreez(m): 3:47pm On Mar 25, 2020
2 years ago I embarked on plantain ,cassava and corn farming with little experience , my brother it was not easy at all, any body that tells you farming is easy just look at that person as an online farmer, I made some income although through hard work ,but I will bodly tell you that it is always profitable at the end when you are committed, so early this year my old plantain farm was hit by fire disaster, I will show you photos later, but I promised my self that I will never give up so due to that am setting up another 10 hacters of plantain farm this year ..

1 Like

Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by easybreez(m): 3:49pm On Mar 25, 2020
My old plantain farm that was hit by fire disaster

Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by easybreez(m): 3:52pm On Mar 25, 2020
Thanks be to God almighty ,the farm that is hit by fire disaster is regrowing
Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by easybreez(m): 3:53pm On Mar 25, 2020
cool

Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by easybreez(m): 3:55pm On Mar 25, 2020
Budget for my new farm project this year was 200k both for the cassava corn and plantain farm
Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by easybreez(m): 4:01pm On Mar 25, 2020
I rented the land I.e 15hacres of land for about N50,000 and today we started work on the land with my employees

Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by easybreez(m): 4:02pm On Mar 25, 2020
So now I can boost of been called oga grin ;Dlol
Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by easybreez(m): 4:06pm On Mar 25, 2020
One thing I want to say to those reading this post is that never give up on life no matter what , always find a reason to start again no matter how ,many times you fall

2 Likes

Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by easybreez(m): 4:12pm On Mar 25, 2020
Stay tuned for tomorrow post an pictures as work commence thanks
Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by easybreez(m): 4:22pm On Mar 25, 2020
My facebook page link to see videos because i would have loved to post videos here but could not https://www.facebook.com/KINGS-FARM-100304054958691/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by dotunibrahim7(m): 6:09pm On Mar 25, 2020
Nice one easybreezy
Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by easybreez(m): 1:51pm On Mar 26, 2020
dotunibrahim7:
Nice one easybreezy
thanks a lot
Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by Jonnic1(m): 4:44pm On Mar 26, 2020
Well done brother! Keep it up. We are following. Keep it coming.
Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by easybreez(m): 1:18pm On Mar 27, 2020
Was really tired yesterday so I couldn't go for work, and i have to take some rest ,because all work and no play makes jack a dull boy, lol all the same glory be to God we were able to do some work today and below are my employees taking action on the field
Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by easybreez(m): 1:19pm On Mar 27, 2020
grin

Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by easybreez(m): 1:20pm On Mar 27, 2020
Jonnic1:
Well done brother! Keep it up. We are following. Keep it coming.
thanks a lot at least I know am not talking to my self
Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by easybreez(m): 1:25pm On Mar 27, 2020
At least in two weeks time the brushing and clearing of the bush will be over and we will then proceed to the next stage which is the tree falling , serious yo be a man is not a day jobooo, na many days job lol
Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by haywhy2323: 3:42pm On Mar 27, 2020
Good Job. Following you so as to learn and start mine soon. Qiuck Question: Where did you rent this land and how feasible is it to clear this expanse of land manually
Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by easybreez(m): 8:33pm On Mar 27, 2020
haywhy2323:
Good Job. Following you so as to learn and start mine soon. Qiuck Question: Where did you rent this land and how feasible is it to clear this expanse of land manually
thanks bro for your interest and encouragement, first
1. My farm is located within delta state oghara , so the land is gotten from the forest guard
2. For the clearing ,we do so with the help of the abokis I.e the housa guys due to the fact that we can get them easily at oghara for a daily paid job of #1,500 per person hope I have answered your questions

2 Likes

Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by haywhy2323: 10:07pm On Mar 27, 2020
easybreez:
thanks bro for your interest and encouragement, first
1. My farm is located within delta state oghara , so the land is gotten from the forest guard
2. For the clearing ,we do so with the help of the abokis I.e the housa guys due to the fact that we can get them easily at oghara for a daily paid job of #1,500 per person hope I have answered your questions

Sure. Thanks
Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by excanny: 7:34pm On Mar 28, 2020
easybreez:
I rented the land I.e 15hacres of land for about N50,000 and today we started work on the land with my employees

Hello OP, why did u rent instead of buy the farmland?
Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by easybreez(m): 10:16pm On Mar 28, 2020
excanny:

Hello OP, why did u rent instead of buy the farmland?
no you can't buy farm land in the forest where I farm its only given out on lease for a maximum of 4yrs before you can abandon it thanks
Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by easybreez(m): 10:25pm On Mar 28, 2020
Today I started weed control on the other farm by applying herbicide on the farmland so that the plantains and corn will not have competitors ...i forgot to tell you guys I also planted corns along the plantains on the other farm that was previously burnt by fire, just a means of doubling my income ..hustlers must survive lol ..

Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by king4afric(m): 1:01am On Mar 29, 2020
OP thanks for sharing your progress and please the 50,000k for 15hacres of land which is 225plot of land since 1 hacre is 15 plot of land ,please for how many month or years rent? please is it for the 4yrs you mentioned above?
Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by easybreez(m): 2:54am On Mar 29, 2020
king4afric:
OP thanks for sharing your progress and please the 50,000k for 15hacres of land which is 225plot of land since 1 hacre is 15 plot of land ,please for how many month or years rent? please is it for the 4yrs you mentioned above?
yes its for the four years rent ,..thanks for your follow up ..
Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by dedons: 6:06am On Mar 29, 2020
easybreez:
yes its for the four years rent ,..thanks for your follow up ..
Please I want to know how you sell your plantain. I'm about going into plantain farming here in the southwest but need to know about marketing them.

Thank you.
Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by easybreez(m): 1:20pm On Mar 29, 2020
dedons:
Please I want to know how you sell your plantain. I'm about going into plantain farming here in the southwest but need to know about marketing them.

Thank you.
OK, that's great bro, we sell our plantain in dozens I.e 12 heads of plantain .and the cost depends on the seasons ,maturity and size of the plantain if the plantains are big ones, a dozen can go for #10,000 when demand is low and the Small ones goes for #(8-9 ,000) but when the demand is high we sell one dozen of big bunches for 14 to 15,000 and smaller bunches for #(10 to 12 ,000)hope I answered your questions sir ? But I don't know about the Area you want to establish your farm the prize may be different
Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by easybreez(m): 1:26pm On Mar 29, 2020
From my last sales this is the example of the big bunch its completely without fertilizer, before fire attacked my farm

Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by easybreez(m): 1:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
While these are the small bunches

Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by dedons: 3:10pm On Mar 29, 2020
easybreez:
OK, that's great bro, we sell our plantain in dozens I.e 12 heads of plantain .and the cost depends on the seasons ,maturity and size of the plantain if the plantains are big ones, a dozen can go for #10,000 when demand is low and the Small ones goes for #(8-9 ,000) but when the demand is high we sell one dozen of big bunches for 14 to 15,000 and smaller bunches for #(10 to 12 ,000)hope I answered your questions sir ? But I don't know about the Area you want to establish your farm the prize may be different
Thanks a bunch. Also is the market always readily available?
Re: The Journey Through My Farming A-Z With Photos by easybreez(m): 12:12am On Mar 30, 2020
dedons:
Thanks a bunch. Also is the market always readily available?
yeah there are buyers always from warri, sapele, portharcourt ,inside Benin city ,oghara ,mosoger, all coming to the market at coco junction ,that is the village market to look for them and funny enough they sometimes fight over your plantain or corn in other to buy them...the demand is high at the market why the supply is low

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dry Season Watermelon Farming With Drip Irrigation System. / Kwara State As An Agrarian State / Malaysia Dwarf Treated Hybrids Coconut Seedlings Ready Here !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.