Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,670 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

For People Who Grew Up Poor And Eventually Escaped Poverty, Whats Your Story? - Business (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / For People Who Grew Up Poor And Eventually Escaped Poverty, Whats Your Story? (63373 Views)

Nadeem Anjarwalla: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped Nigeria / How Wigwe’s Aide, Faleye Olushola, Escaped Death In Helicopter Crash / 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For People Who Grew Up Poor And Eventually Escaped Poverty, Whats Your Story? by franchasng: 2:03pm On Mar 30, 2020
Kenplay:

Bro which biography of Nnamdi Azikiwe can I read. I also want to be CEO of a company and enter politics at my latter age.
My Odyssey: An Autobiography: Azikiwe, Nnamdi
Re: For People Who Grew Up Poor And Eventually Escaped Poverty, Whats Your Story? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
franchasng:

My Odyssey: An Autobiography: Azikiwe, Nnamdi
Thanks, let me get my hands on it.
Re: For People Who Grew Up Poor And Eventually Escaped Poverty, Whats Your Story? by annyz: 11:15am On Mar 31, 2020
illicit:
do you know that if every body that comment on this thread transfer 1k to my account. I will be richer than I am now.....

Stay and be waiting for all here to transfer 1k to you so that u will be richer. Have u read that anyone here ever made it by such mindset.

Please work, have a positive mindset & pray for God to remember you as he remembered others that have made it.

2 Likes

Re: For People Who Grew Up Poor And Eventually Escaped Poverty, Whats Your Story? by illicit(m): 11:57am On Mar 31, 2020
annyz:

Stay and be waiting for all here to transfer 1k to you so that u will be richer. Have u read that anyone here ever made it by such mindset.

Please work, have a positive mindset & pray for God to remember you as he remembered others that have made it.
na joke I dey abeg.
Re: For People Who Grew Up Poor And Eventually Escaped Poverty, Whats Your Story? by Nobody: 1:36am On Apr 01, 2020
Freehuman:

After this pandemic, that's before the year runs out . Can't transfer because I've said lots of stupid things here. Preserving my identity is important. No need to remind me . I won't forget.

Okay sir.May God bless you sir
Re: For People Who Grew Up Poor And Eventually Escaped Poverty, Whats Your Story? by dgee1(m): 12:27pm On Apr 01, 2020
My present situation is very similar to yours though still believing for a breakthrough. I'm looking for scholarships now, please bro, if you could guide me in this regard I would appreciate. My first degree cgpa would qualify for many scholarships, just looking for opportunities. Thanks

Yaasir:
Search for your niche. The odd is truly stacked against you but you have to be very clear with what you want. It might not be a smooth ride but it is very possible. In my case, I knew my best bet was education but then cost. So, I must go to a Federal Institution. Almighty JAMB almost truncated that ambition before I "borrow sense". I went to polytechnic first before coming back to Unilag. I told myself from day one that I had no parent to look for a job for me. Therefore, I must finish among the very best in my class; with distinct abilities. I actually achieved that and got my job offer (banks; got many) before leaving Unilag. Then come the new face of the struggle; surviving the corporate world. I worked with 4 banks withing 7years and another FMCG. I rarely lack a job but the satisfaction was not there. Then, I had to rely on my talent again for a new beginning. I decided to travel out of the country, but how? Canada? My best choice but quite expensive. Then, I realized I could look for scholarships for my education as the shortest route to whatever location. I started the journey on September 2, 2017, when I sent over 25 emails to lecturers in Australia. It was a very demotivating and difficult process (rejection rate) before God finally gave me that lone voice from the least expected of source. I read Accounting but the person interested in me was an Environmental Scientist (UNISA)! That was when the process started having meaning. To cut the long story short, I did not win the scholarship to UNISA butttttttttttt I won 3 other scholarships - Holland, Austria/Hungary, and Qatar. I eventually settled for Austria/Hungary. On September 2, 2019 (exactly 2 years after) I stepped into my dream in style. While I can't claim to be rich as of today, I am enjoying the very best life has to offer- traveling to countries I never thought of, fantastic accommodation and access to training opportunities.
In essence, concentrate on your talent and never listened to Naysayers. You will meet many of them along your path to success.

1 Like

Re: For People Who Grew Up Poor And Eventually Escaped Poverty, Whats Your Story? by Nobody: 12:51am On Apr 14, 2020

After this pandemic, that's before the year runs out . Can't transfer because I've said lots of stupid things here. Preserving my identity is important. No need to remind me . I won't forget.
Good morning Sir,
Please I know you said after the pandemic but please during this pandemic is when things even much more worse please any amount will be okay Sir please sir any amount at all.God forever bless you and protect you and your family forever sir.
Amen sir cry cry cry
Re: For People Who Grew Up Poor And Eventually Escaped Poverty, Whats Your Story? by Istan2020: 5:12am On Apr 14, 2020
Goodgod213:
After I saw how my dad suffered to raise the two of us I and my sibling till the company he was working with went down. We started living from one aunt house to uncles houses. I have been thrown out on four occasions, accused of stealing on many occasions, starved by family, disowned by my own mother who is in the abroad sending monies to different people in Nigeria and disregarding her son because I looked like my father. At 21 I moved to ibadan, stayed with a friend, dumped by my gf, Hustled to get my cert, did my Nysc, hustled more, bought a land at ibadan, bought my first car, bought another car, moved down to Lagos, rented a apartment.

Now I have a unisex salon, a boutique, a car listed on Bolt, and Presently working on roofing my project.

It’s not been easy. Not all women are mothers.
Boss please drop your contact. I need you to put me through
Re: For People Who Grew Up Poor And Eventually Escaped Poverty, Whats Your Story? by Flamezzz: 2:08am On May 14, 2020
Bibidear:

lol,I don't know them...... should have finished in 2003....but I was given double promotion.....was in 6 purple......so I know those in my class
Hey Bibi, longest time.
Re: For People Who Grew Up Poor And Eventually Escaped Poverty, Whats Your Story? by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 19, 2020

Amen sir
God bless
Re: For People Who Grew Up Poor And Eventually Escaped Poverty, Whats Your Story? by Thane(m): 1:24am On May 21, 2020

Seen. I love your determination.
thanks boss
Re: For People Who Grew Up Poor And Eventually Escaped Poverty, Whats Your Story? by Luminary1(f): 7:16pm On May 21, 2020
I will definitely come back here to narrate my success story. The road to great heights is filled with bumbs and crooked And only the determined get to the final destination.
Re: For People Who Grew Up Poor And Eventually Escaped Poverty, Whats Your Story? by nora2018(m): 7:26pm On May 21, 2020
me too
Re: For People Who Grew Up Poor And Eventually Escaped Poverty, Whats Your Story? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 25, 2020
Re: For People Who Grew Up Poor And Eventually Escaped Poverty, Whats Your Story? by johnpaschal(m): 7:00pm On Dec 25, 2020
amiskurie:
Things done change

I secretly applied to be a driver 3 and half years ago unsuccessfully.i had lost my initial investment but left with an uncompleted building but today, I own a lot of top-notch properties, cars and businesses when i made a bold call to my own angel.. A Chairman/CEO of a Financial institution whom I knew in the past.

can I make you my own Angel ......I've got business prospects that could favour us both I've never asked for help online or to anyone faceless but I believe that I could share with you my dreams and you'd be interested.....The Agriculture sector is where I wanna base my tent on it's very lucrative and profiting; I have met people, done researches even know how to build some machines that could aid some by-products production...I only lack capital to kickoff my dreams.

my dream is to have farmlands all over Nigeria so that when there's more to eat there would be no hunger.....I cannot explain all with text but if you are interested here's my line 081___7021___9620

I know by this time next year I'd have gone far in it .... God assures me that
Re: For People Who Grew Up Poor And Eventually Escaped Poverty, Whats Your Story? by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:12pm On Dec 25, 2020
Following
Re: For People Who Grew Up Poor And Eventually Escaped Poverty, Whats Your Story? by criuze(m): 8:33pm On Dec 25, 2020
I've not made it, am still working hard and praying hard

i invested #400,000 i saved last year in popcorn and plantain chips but no show. no gain in the popcorn while plantains were too dear to buy

i was depressed and battered, what will i do ?

i picked my roller again because i can paint houses, even working on 25th December.
qnd the boss decided to cease my remaining #9,000 payment and abandon me in the site
but still not discouraged

am sorry I've not yet arrived and nothing kills me inside more than that

All i know is that I'll never give up, if there's life there's hope

3 Likes

Re: For People Who Grew Up Poor And Eventually Escaped Poverty, Whats Your Story? by IceTrice01: 6:24pm On Sep 24, 2021
Goodgod213:

I used the money you gave me bro to establish myself

Yahoo boy sited
Re: For People Who Grew Up Poor And Eventually Escaped Poverty, Whats Your Story? by annyz: 8:08am On Jul 10, 2023
annyz:
My father admonished me at the age of 10 when I was in primary 4 due to poverty to start carrying load for people in the market with basket during the weekend as I was too young to push wheelbarrow. He had to wake me up before 6am to leave house and I have to trek passing through village streams to locate the city market before 8am when market resumes. From the money made I have to save in piggy bank so I can buy books for my elementary education. My father made me believe then that men does not rub cream. Time reached and I had different mindset and I had to start rubbing red palm oil as my cream since I can't think of buying cream. Dust & red small ants always glue to my body by then and I never knew why. At the age of 13, I passed common entrance and commenced secondary education in a community boys secondary school in a far away village. During school visits while other parents visits with assorted kinds of provisions my mother will trek from my village with garri & palm kernels to visit me in school. I worked as labourer in building sites carrying blocks while sleeping in hospital where my father died years back since I don't have any home to return to except my far away village. Any money my mother dashes me I will trek to nearby village market to buy rice, oil and salt and keep in my dormitory locker. In the evening hours sometimes I will sneak into bush in search of utu (special rare fruits in IBO land for monkeys but edible to humans) I will pluck, eat & eat to my satisfaction before returning back to dormitory. I cook my palm oil rice inside the bush with empty powder milk container found in school dust bins as pot with dry woods and carrying water along in bread water proof. I always use dry sand to rub on my injuries whenever I get wound on my foot believing it is my affordable medication and it heals me. I trek bare footed into nearby village visiting family believed to relates to my family in one way or the other in search of food. At age 16, I was admitted into Government Technical College where I stayed only one year and ran out of school to the village due to hunger and no school fees. My mother gave me her last money to travel to city to look for work since she cannot afford giving me school fees. Through paid agents I secured job in a hotel and worked as cleaner, room boy eating remaining foods from guests, assistant bar boy & later became kitchen assistant just in less than 6 months. I returned back to school when I have saved some money to buy my books and not even school fees. My newly married senior sister (first daughter) staying in Lagos through her husband picked me up and since then my life never the same. Now working many years since then in oil industry. Married with kids, Have multiple visa to USA for trainings, Visited NASA, Have cars, houses. My children now in Universities and by God's grace am healthy and still working at consultancy level in a multinational company. While thanking God & supporting mankind. My pain now is that my father. That MY FATHER never lived to see me now & his grown grand children today. My mother now is very aged & living with me presently, while that my senior sister is also aged and now visits. I am in my early 50s presently & this is my true story & testimony of my life.

My aged mother died on January 21, 2023 and buried on April 15, 2023 at the age of 89years.
May her gentle soul keep resting in peace.

Thank you so much Mama.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Top 10 Richest Nigerians / Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) / What Is The Full Meaning Of POS? See Hilarious Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.